Page 190 of 325 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 4870
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Although they have been in 5-6 films, it is sad that characters like Cyclops and Storm have hardly been important in all these years.

I think the most overused characters are Wolverine, Magneto and Xavier, practically all the movies revolve around them.
    Yes, Scott and Ororo need to be develloped, but I'm sure the MCU will do that. I'm more afraid with jean, her mistreatment in the hands of the FOX could lead to her taking a backseat in the MCU, which for me would be a bad idea. We need a relatable, young energic Jean as the soul of the X-Men.

We need a relatable, young energic Kitty Pryde as the soul of the X-Men.

We need a relatable, young energic Jubilation Lee as the soul of the X-Men.

We need a relatable, young energic Hisako Ichiki as the soul of the X-Men.

We need a relatable, young energic Laura Kinney as the soul of the X-Men.

We need a relatable, young energic Victor Borkowski as the soul of the X-Men.

Mighty Member

Storm should scream all her lines like she did in the 90s cartoon. It will make up for the basically mute Storm of the FoX-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Sure, but the only reason they invested in those was because they didn't have the X-men. And there's no way they'll leave Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, etc, on the backbench so they can use Glob Herman or whatever.
    I don't think they'll back burn the big characters but I could see one who Fox put a lot of development into being sidelined in favor of surprising choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Sure, but the only reason they invested in those was because they didn't have the X-men. And there's no way they'll leave Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, etc, on the backbench so they can use Glob Herman or whatever.
    They are pushing out Eternals. They could give less known Mutants the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't think they'll back burn the big characters but I could see one who Fox put a lot of development into being sidelined in favor of surprising choices.
    Well, that's a pretty short list.
    Last edited by myownlittleusername; 06-23-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Well, that's a pretty short list.
    I mean they could take characters like Storm and Cyclops who got little development well none really but were there and use them as the main command role over Xavier or Wolverine who could have smaller roles and focus as the X-Men X-23 and 00's New X-Men. Will they? Who knows but given the MCU's history of using the obscure and even Feige mentioning being excited to having all the characters not just the A Listers I wouldn't count on them just focusing on the traditional X-Men "A-Team".

Several dozen pages back I was advocating for simultaneous narratives: A-Team and students. With as much diversity the A-Team has, the students have 10 times as much available. I was pushing hard for Jubilee, Prodigy and Dust to join Storm, Nightcrawler and Wolverine.

But while simultaneous narratives works on Stranger Things, I don’t think it’ll work in a 90 minute action movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I've been thinking and I think that hard as it may seem, the best thing for Jean in the MCU is that she starts already dead in a Dark Phoenix Saga in the backstory. That way when she is introduced to the movies they have already taken that off and she can do more than die.
    I think this is a good idea.

If they ever want to re approach the jean as Phoenix backstory (which I don’t even think is necessary, but if they do feel the need to explore some Phoenix stuff) they could introduce shiar etc In a trial of jean Grey type story. Not with teen jean but with an adult jean who they fear could re do all the bad things she did in the past.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I mean they could take characters like Storm and Cyclops who got little development well none really but were there and use them as the main command role over Xavier or Wolverine who could have smaller roles and focus as the X-Men X-23 and 00's New X-Men. Will they? Who knows but given the MCU's history of using the obscure and even Feige mentioning being excited to having all the characters not just the A Listers I wouldn't count on them just focusing on the traditional X-Men "A-Team".
    If the X-men is going use obscure characters it is going to be characters like Jean Grey,Colossus,Nightcrawler,Angel,Beast and Iceman not being around,Not Cyclops,Wolverine,Storm,and Xavier not being used. It just doesn't make sense to bench marketable or core characters to use characters that nobody in general public knows about because previous company didn't use them right. I don't see the most popular character in the franchise Wolverine being downsized because they want to focus on say Armor and Rockslide that is business suicide. I can't see Kevin Fegie being out of touch like that but what I can see happening is the elevation of a character or two because X-men despite being the most diverse franchise in comics main line ups are mostly white and straight. I am pretty confident in Cyclops, Storm and Wolverine going forward everyone else is a toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Storm should scream all her lines like she did in the 90s cartoon. It will make up for the basically mute Storm of the FoX-Men.
    Yessssssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Yes, Scott and Ororo need to be develloped, but I'm sure the MCU will do that. I'm more afraid with jean, her mistreatment in the hands of the FOX could lead to her taking a backseat in the MCU, which for me would be a bad idea. We need a relatable, young energic Jean as the soul of the X-Men.
    I share this concern as well. As much as I loved Dark Phoenix, I feel like Jean’s character has become weighed down by the baggage Fox gave her. For so long, she was just a prize for Wolverine. Then, she was always dealing with the looming threat of the Phoenix Force. I think it’ll be tempting for the MCU to just cast her aside or keep her dead.

But I’m hoping that Jean Grey’s popularity as a character will keep her from being completely written out. Regardless of how the movies are perceived, Jean is still a popular and iconic character in her own right. I believe she has a place in the MCU. It’s just a matter of escaping past baggage.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    If the X-men is going use obscure characters it is going to be characters like Jean Grey,Colossus,Nightcrawler,Angel,Beast and Iceman not being around,Not Cyclops,Wolverine,Storm,and Xavier not being used. It just doesn't make sense to bench marketable or core characters to use characters that nobody in general public knows about because previous company didn't use them right. I don't see the most popular character in the franchise Wolverine being downsized because they want to focus on say Armor and Rockslide that is business suicide. I can't see Kevin Fegie being out of touch like that but what I can see happening is the elevation of a character or two because X-men despite being the most diverse franchise in comics main line ups are mostly white and straight. I am pretty confident in Cyclops, Storm and Wolverine going forward everyone else is a toss up.
    Obscure? Jean has been the at the center of 2 films and a decent size role in 3 films and in the aether in 2 due to Wolverine not being over her death. Beast had a decent role in 5 films, Nightcrawler appeared in 3 films, and Iceman appeared in 4 films even getting character development and love triangle. Colossus got decent representation thanks to the Deadpool films. The only one you mentioned I would consider slightly obscure would be Angel but even his backstory was explored in The Last Stand. I think many of them will be used but I wouldn't call them the "Obscure" X-Men characters many got more back story then even Cyclops and Storm.

Iceman, Beast and Jean Grey were more important than Cyclops and Storm in the movies.

Because that would give the MCU more diverse characters? Let's be honest, the original five in the beginning of the comic run are pretty much typical American kids. Using characters like Monet, Armor, Glob, and the 00 kids would provide new potential story ideas and more unique backgrounds that aren't just Fox characters.