Page 268 of 325 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    xmen only works as drama movies with limited use of CGI and stories that are not as easy as alien invasion.
    Heh heh heh... what?

For crying out loud, the X-Men is home to the Shi'ar, the Brood, the Phalanx, Limbo, Otherworld, Mojoworld, S.W.O.R.D., and the freaking Phoenix Force, yet you're trying to say that the X-Men can't do an extraterrestrial invasion when they have 57 flavors of them?

Can we have this in the credits please?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Not credits. The Marvel Studios logo graphic, the same thing they did for Spider-Man and his 67 theme song in "Homecoming" and "Far from Home."
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nice arrangement, although I will admit that I'm not really a fan of the old cartoon theme.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not so sure, given how long the franchise has been running and just how many other authors have added their voices and ideas to it.

?

Chris Claremont has yet to add his voice.
    Also when are Marvel studios film makers? Marvel studios is known for firing film makers. .
    A company that produces movies, by definition, is a filmmaker (technically, employs filmmakers, but generalization for discussion). More the point I was making is that I'm not sure a comics writer is the best judge of writing for film, given the different nature of the medium
    we know the history of marvel directors leaving before the movies, during movies or talking about bad experiences after movies. I just saw this news today of star wars constantly loosing directors on SR like marvel. Its a Disney issue and its down to less creative rights from the company who is now making xmen movies.

Don't really see it. Both those movies had very poorly-focused plots and weak characterizations (esp. X3). Say what you about Infinity War, it stayed on target for the story the Russo brothers were telling and juggled its mega cast effectively not only giving everyone a piece of the puzzle, but character moments to make them more then just action figures onscreen. (IMHO, X3 and Apocalypse have more in common with IM2 or Thor: The Dark World.)
    IM2 and Dark World were more focused than IW. IW is one of the dismal MCU entries. there is no story targeted . a lot random action set prices were going on for most of the film. While both X3 and IW were weak because their crippled under too much action, X3 even fairs better as a film because it features a far less cliche superhero plot that could have more interesting if it was given the time to be explored deeper. You really cant do much with an alien invasion plot, for xmen it will only work as a mini series.

What do you mean by "get away" with? Would bomb at the box office or something?
    it will have bombed, not only that it will be seen as one of the worst x-films.

Frankly, from what I've seen of the comics, X-Men does more then drama. Heck, I own issues where the main plots are high school hijinks and rescuing turkeys, not to mention wacky sci-fi stuff that's far less grounded then Infinity War.

The issues of xmen I own that deal with High school was the Grant morrisons and joss whedon runs, among those runs had some real dramatic stories, Gifted, riots at xaviers, E is for extinction, Dangerous.

xmen has established as a series that only dwells well when they focused on more grounded serious. these are their only films that has ever worked. not only that, these are the only type of comic films that has any credibility. Even Simon kinberg tried to sell the idea again with dark phoenix that it was going to be the most drama driven xmen.

Think about how those movies were more or less character-centered (you can throw in The Wolverine, too, for that matter). IMHO, the original three movies where more driven by themes that characters happened to slot into, if that makes any sense. (Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix, IMHO, where also more plot-driven, but I don't think were as well-thought out in terms of the main idea and story construction -- and I say that as someone who likes Apocalypse and thought Dark Phoenix could have been a lot worse). The listed ones, in my opinion, really explored the characters and the plots and conflicts really centered on their decisions and drives. IMHO, that's mostly what you get out of the MCU. Don't know if that makes any sense, but there it is.
    Nah, it does not make sense since it it easy to lump dark phoenix with endgame, FFH and captain marvel all in 2019 even Shazam. let's just say the genre is on the last leg of relevancy.

Maybe?
    source material
    Don't think anyone is doing that; heck, the Avengers movies are different from the other subseries in the franchise.
    avengers is a crossover, xmen is not crossover even if there is an xmen films that has xforce, New mutants, it won't still truly be a crossover. though crossovers films highlight the weakest aspect for movies. these are the films that have less plots. So I wish people would stop interchanging xmen and avengers.
    Or maybe other people want to see a different side of the comics explored?
    What people want to see explored is less Magneto, Xavier, Mystique, Wolverine. People want an exploration of other characters, they Don't want xmen changing itself to the next MCU joke circus field because Disney is limited telling mature stories. noone is going to take that seriously as they did with X1 or Logan.

We all want to see Cyclops and Gambit take their place, it does not mean we want to see Cyclops or Gambit be the next Starlord, Steve Rogers, Antman or Ironman. There are differences in the xmen characters and the world they are placed in compared to these other MCU characters.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 11-20-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Heh heh heh... what?

For crying out loud, the X-Men is home to the Shi'ar, the Brood, the Phalanx, Limbo, Otherworld, Mojoworld, S.W.O.R.D., and the freaking Phoenix Force, yet you're trying to say that the X-Men can't do an extraterrestrial invasion when they have 57 flavors of them?
    I have been a good forecaster of things.I can predict something that will turn out happening in films or maybe our lame entertainment media are just now so transparent. everything you mentioned can be classified under Star Trek not the current style of MCU. I already said this 2 days ago.

If xmen wants and needs to explore mojowrold, SWORD, Phalanx, Limbo, phoenix forc, it should have a star trek kind of feel not what we have seen with GOTG or infinity war.why am I saying this again after two days? it turns out that Noah Hawley who created Legion is now the new director of star trek. Another thing that I will say is Legion was very different to the rest of marvel, even as a mature xmen show with all the core xmen elements of themes, drama, insane characters, family, villains, it was still different to marvel Netflix shows.

People like Noah Hawley is what xmen would have needed next for films, After the Kinberg era. the last season of Legion got more acclaim for the way it handled time travel compared to Endgame and star trek has most of the best time travel tales ever written. Arguably more so than XMen comics.

its unlikely Disney will ever want to hire Hawley to direct an xmen movie. Hawley would want to keep his Legion style, which is one of the best xmen live action styles ever done. Hawley is way too much of intellectual and artist to be controlled by cooperate film making decision but this is what made his Legion amazing and this is why he is an amazing choice for star trek too. it is xmen loss here if they do go into Shi'ar, the Brood, the Phalanx, Limbo, Otherworld, Mojoworld and S.W.O.R.D and they just use the formula of GOTG, Ragnarok and IW instead of borrowing from star trek that is more fitting to these xmen stories, world and tone. after all most of star trek's mission is not that different from xmen's mission.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 11-20-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Chris Claremont has yet to add his voice.
    He did, when wrote for the comics all those years ago, creating a lot of popular characters and stories. Still, he's not the only person to work on the comics, add to the mythology, and all that. (Maybe it's a generational thing, but I'm starting to think we need to move past Claremont. Guy was important, but his way is not the only way to do X-Men. If we're stuck in the past, we're going to miss the next Claremont.)

we know the history of marvel directors leaving before the movies, during movies or talking about bad experiences after movies. I just saw this news today of star wars constantly loosing directors on SR like marvel. Its a Disney issue and its down to less creative rights from the company who is now making xmen movies.
    And yet Marvel Studios has had returning directors who seem to be happy working with them, not to mention Star Wars' loosing directors under circumstances where something had to give. (Also, aren't both studios largely allowed to do their own thing so long as they keep things running?)

IM2 and Dark World were more focused than IW. IW is one of the dismal MCU entries. there is no story targeted . a lot random action set prices were going on for most of the film.
    To be fair to Dark World, that does have a tight narrative. More my thinking is that it's execution is lackluster and there isn't really much of a point to all of it, if that makes any sense. Lot of the other movies have something to say, that one not so much. Also a really weak villain who was very underwritten.

However, Infinity War was a lot more focused then IM2; while the latter had more going on, it's all tied to one thing; Thanos' mission to acquire the Infinity Stones. Everything in that movie is either Thanos planning his next move, or the heroes' various objectives to deal with it (keep him from a Stone, get a weapon to kill him, destory a Stone, etc., etc.). IM2 is a series of plots (Stark's terminal illness, Whiplash's revenge, Hammer's wanting to usurp Stark's place in the industry, setting up SHIELD), very few of which have anything to do with the other and tie together very badly. There's less going on, but it's badly cobbled together.

While both X3 and IW were weak because their crippled under too much action, X3 even fairs better as a film because it features a far less cliche superhero plot that could have more interesting if it was given the time to be explored deeper. You really cant do much with an alien invasion plot, for xmen it will only work as a mini series.
    See above; XM3 is two movies mashed together that have nothing to do with each other (literally, one story stops to let another go on). Infinity War is one large story with all the parts working to a common end. Maybe XM3 had a more ambitious, original plot, but Infinity War told its "lesser" story better. It doesn't matter what potential it had, XM3 is a badly-made movie and that doesn't change irregardless of whether you can say "it was better then such and such."

it will have bombed, not only that it will be seen as one of the worst x-films.
    I think you have to work very hard to be as bad as X3, Origins: Wolverine, or Dark Phoenix. Even at their worst, Marvel Studios has yet to fall that low (so far, IMHO).

The issues of xmen I own that deal with High school was the Grant morrisons and joss whedon runs, among those runs had some real dramatic stories, Gifted, riots at xaviers, E is for extinction, Dangerous.
    I was thinking of the first New Mutants relaunch, Academy X, that sort of thing.

xmen has established as a series that only dwells well when they focused on more grounded serious. these are their only films that has ever worked.
    Except that time travel movie with the killer robots.

not only that, these are the only type of comic films that has any credibility.
    The Incredibles and Guardians of the Galaxy say hi.

Even Simon kinberg tried to sell the idea again with dark phoenix that it was going to be the most drama driven xmen.
    So, the director was saying that a movie based on a drama would be drama-driven. Mind blown.

Nah, it does not make sense since it it easy to lump dark phoenix with endgame, FFH and captain marvel all in 2019 even Shazam. let's just say the genre is on the last leg of relevancy.
    I would argue that those were better-made movies then Dark Phoenix, though.

source material
    Which includes killer robots, time travel, alternate dimension family members, clones, a living island, a living virus, demons, Bamfs, a little dragon, body swapping, and leprechauns. Why can't we see those parts of the franchise reflected in the movies, too?

avengers is a crossover, xmen is not crossover even if there is an xmen films that has xforce, New mutants, it won't still truly be a crossover. though crossovers films highlight the weakest aspect for movies. these are the films that have less plots. So I wish people would stop interchanging xmen and avengers.
    Uh huh.

What people want to see explored is less Magneto, Xavier, Mystique, Wolverine. People want an exploration of other characters, they Don't want xmen changing itself to the next MCU joke circus field because Disney is limited telling mature stories. noone is going to take that seriously as they did with X1 or Logan.

We all want to see Cyclops and Gambit take their place, it does not mean we want to see Cyclops or Gambit be the next Starlord, Steve Rogers, Antman or Ironman. There are differences in the xmen characters and the world they are placed in compared to these other MCU characters.
    I guess the other people can speak for themselves on that, if they wish.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Noah Hawley was going to direct a Doctor Doom solo film for Fox until it got scrapped by the Disney Buyout of Fox.

Hawley is now in talks to write/direct the 4th star trek film for Paramount
    Last edited by petrefax; 11-21-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Hell. YES!

So gooood! Love it! Such things give me a happy smile

So i was in Athens comiccon yesterday (Athenscon) and Chris Claremont was there. So when the Q&A started someone asked him if Disney approached him to write a script or be invovled in any way in an upcoming MCU x-men film. He paused for some seconds and laughed and told us that his contract cant allow him to answer to this question. So i guess from the way he answered that he will be involved in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    So i was in Athens comiccon yesterday (Athenscon) and Chris Claremont was there. So when the Q&A started someone asked him if Disney approached him to write a script or be invovled in any way in an upcoming MCU x-men film. He paused for some seconds and laughed and told us that his contract cant allow him to answer to this question. So i guess from the way he answered that he will be involved in a way.
    I doubt that it will be more then cameos in movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I doubt that it will be more then cameos in movies.
    Claremont was asked to work on the Gambit (I think?) script in development, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in the X-men MCU prep. Loads of people work on scripts and treatments in the early stages when they're trying to beat out story ideas and most of them won't have their name on the final product.

CC MCU X-men is my XMAS present.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Claremont was asked to work on the Gambit (I think?) script in development, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in the X-men MCU prep. Loads of people work on scripts and treatments in the early stages when they're trying to beat out story ideas and most of them won't have their name on the final product.

CC MCU X-men is my XMAS present.
    yeah he wrote the script and got paid also. He told this yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    yeah he wrote the script and got paid also. He told this yesterday!
    I am ded.

______