Page 167 of 325 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I think the movies will be a mix of older and younger characters. That way the diverse newer mutants can get some screen time instead.
    If that means that characters like Magik and Cannonball get screwed, no thanks.
    And I expect Marvel to rather make a couple of "classic" X-Men black anyway.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

I sure am glad the X-Men are now with a company that prioritizes Eternals and Black Widow movies over creating brand new X-Men content.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I sure am glad the X-Men are now with a company that prioritizes Eternals and Black Widow movies over creating brand new X-Men content.
    Yes, because scrapping movies they have in preproduction that are supposed to start shooting this year to rush out some X-men movies instead of taking their time with it. Sounds like a great idea!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Yes, because scrapping movies they have in preproduction that are supposed to start shooting this year to rush out some X-men movies instead of taking their time with it. Sounds like a great idea!
    They put Spider-Man into the MCU a year after acquiring the rights. Homecoming was released two years after they regained the rights (and was great).

Astonishing Member

They put Spider-Man into the MCU a year after acquiring the rights. Homecoming was released two years after they regained the rights (and was great).
    You're comparing one character who's inclusion into the MCU doesn't shake it up in the slightest. That's not the case with the X-Men.

For the more of the eternals and black widow movies we're already planned ahead of time. Disney legally wasn't allowed to work on the X-Men until the deal was done why on Earth you thought they would suddenly push back the eternals or the Black Widow movie and rush out the X-Men is beyond me.

Not the same. Spider-Man is literally the mascot of the company. Part of the deal with Sony included putting a movie out quick and incorporating Spidey into different shared universe movies (Civil War, Avengers). The X-Men are their own sub-franchise that Feige probably never expected to play with. From what I remember, he had plans for all kinds of non X-related stories post Avengers 4 before Iger and Disney decided to make a play for Fox to bulk their streaming sites. I don't see him blowing up his plan now becuase of that. He's never operated like that

Honestly, I could see Fantastic Four getting to the big screen first within the next few years. Like Spider-Man, they would be easy to slide into the slate. And IIRC, Feige really wanted Silver Surfer and Galactus back in the day. He was willing to let Fox keep Daredevil in exchange for them

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    You're comparing one character who's inclusion into the MCU doesn't shake it up in the slightest. That's not the case with the X-Men.

For the more of the eternals and black widow movies we're already planned ahead of time. Disney legally wasn't allowed to work on the X-Men until the deal was done why on Earth you thought they would suddenly push back the eternals or the Black Widow movie and rush out the X-Men is beyond me.
    Forreal. People acting like the Fox purchase was for the X-Men. Lol c'mon. This purchase wasn't made by the Mouse so that they could see Wolverine in the next Avengers movie. Sure, that's a nice plus but that wasn't their main goal. They did it mostly so they could get 21st Century Fox's entire backlog of filmography and tv shows to buff up their upcoming streaming service. This whole point of the purchase is to compete with Netflix

I'm sure Feige knows along with Disney, so I suspect this is where games, cartoons, and other media will help fill the void.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Spider-man is one character. The X-Men are a combination of dozens (maybe even hundreds) to pick from that require a lot more planning to introduce without breaking thier universe.

This is all a moot point anyway because we all know the FF & X-Men are all but guaranteed to be on that phase 4 slate once it’s released this summer. They might not of been part of the original 5 year plan but I’m sure that plan is being modified as we speak to accommodate Marvel studio’s new toys.

Feige has stated as far back as 2015 that some contingency plans have been talked about all along in the case that they were to reattain rights for their missing characters. Sure, Spider-Man was the focus of that interview given the year it was printed, but he still chooses broad language. He could have chosen to keep it specific to spider man but he didn’t,

https://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-contingency-plans/

The short answer is: the most important thing is the standalone movie, relaunching Spider-Man with a standalone movie with a new storyline that fits into this universe – that’s job number one for us. And as is the case, the connectivity is great but it doesn’t drive the train. That being said, if I understand what you’re asking, we had… this has been a dream of ours for a long time, and we always had contingency plans should you know — which we always do anyways. Are we going to be able to make another movie with this actor? If we are then we’ll do this, if not, we’re going to do this. If we get the rights to a certain character that’d be great, then we’d do this, if not, we’d do this. So we always sort of operate with those alternate timelines available and are ready to shift if something happens.
    His recent response that someone else posted is very political in that it doesn’t close all the doors. I definitely feel that they will be included in some capacity way sooner than 5 years.

Regardless, I’m fine with whatever as long as we get some video games or tv shows in the meantime.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Mighty Member

Yay! No X-men movies until 2030 probably but at least they're home!! Whatever that means!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Feige has stated as far back as 2015 that some contingency plans have been talked about all along in the case that they were to reattain rights for their missing characters. Sure, Spider-Man was the focus of that interview given the year it was printed, but he still chooses broad language. He could have chosen to keep it specific to spider man but he didn’t,

https://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-contingency-plans/

His recent response that someone else posted is very political in that it doesn’t close all the doors. I definitely feel that they will be included in some capacity way sooner than 5 years.

Regardless, I’m fine with whatever as long as we get some video games or tv shows in the meantime.
    I mean there's nothing stopping them from including X-Men cameos going forward within the next 3 years. Imagine we'll see something similar with how they treated Black Panther.

They name dropped Wakanda in AoU, then premiered him in Civil War as a supporting character until getting a solo movie 2 years later.

So I fully expect them to name-drop Charles Xavier or The Institute in these next few upcoming movies and then probably having an X-Men character or two as a supporting character in one of the solo heroes movies before finally debuting them in their own X-Men film.

Although in all honesty I think we'll get a Deadpool movie before we get an X-Men movie.

Mighty Member

Enjoy Dark Phoenix, everybody. Because we're not getting anything else for a long, long time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Enjoy Dark Phoenix, everybody. Because we're not getting anything else for a long, long time.
    Lol yeah im really not expecting anything Xmen related on the big screen until 2021.