Page 141 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yeah but Bernthal played Punisher in the MCU. That's a whole diff ballgame. He's not gonna get cast as a whole different MCU character after that
    The MCU films dont acknowledge the tv shows so I dont see why it would be a big deal. The audience is smart enough to realize its a different role, especially considering most of the movie going audience didnt watch Punisher. Besides its been cancelled, so its not like there would be any ongoing confusion

Bernthal is too old anyway so its all a moot point. I cant see Marvel hiring a man who would be in his mid 40s when the films come out to launch the franchise with.
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-19-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The Walt Disney Company's ('Disney') acquisition of 21CF will become effective at 12:02 a.m. Eastern Time tomorrow, March 20, 2019.

https://movieweb.com/disney-fox-merger-deal-completed/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, he lived enough to know it was gonna happen at least.
    yea this is true at least. his legacy will forever live on.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It's movies...starring so and so as....you know...it's not Scott as Cyclops in this storyline...it's this Hollywood actor as Scott as Cyclops recurring. Right?

Why not, make an Asgardian Wars movie with Todd Hiddleston of course and tie in Alpha Flight please...oh and, it's called ACTING, so these ACTORS (characters) aren't meant to be themselves...but to act...you know, 'based on the book' - you know...MCU is big blockbuster stuff...we'll know the names of the actors acting these roles...we'll see them out of costume and hear about their process...

who gets casted for these roles is just as important as the origin of the roles themselves...once done it's inexorable and doesn't matter to the material it's sourcing...that source...stays in the books...hopefully, and the Movies can immediately source themselves as they should and do anyway...

Most importantly I do hope MCU avoids origin stories...for now at least...because there's no need to do that and if they do then it's a problem...they can do that later once the movies have established a point of reference unto themselves...and then, that'd be self-informative, responsive to its audience and in contact with its intended conversation.

Two different things. Not tie-ins.

MCU X-Men, please have fun. Entertain. Please don't try to make a 'statement' because if I were to sum up what the X-Men mean in a statement...that statement would be...well, for example...'the Demon Bear Saga'...both, really great & lethally problematic.

You simply can't make a complicated indie film with this cast...they cost too much...so it's a general audience...it's global...it's good times with the X-Men...which is kinda funny...and rewarding in a way. Like us comic book fans get to hold onto something important to us, and enjoy the movies too.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The Walt Disney Company's ('Disney') acquisition of 21CF will become effective at 12:02 a.m. Eastern Time tomorrow, March 20, 2019.

https://movieweb.com/disney-fox-merger-deal-completed/
    The fanboy in me hopes they have something really cool planned to welcome the X-men and Fantastic Four back into their fold.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hear hear! If only Stan could have lived to see this!
    That never occurred to me until you mentioned it.

Captain Marvel had such a beautiful tribute to Stan. The people in the theater applauded and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    That never occurred to me until you mentioned it.

Captain Marvel had such a beautiful tribute to Stan. The people in the theater applauded and rightfully so.
    Sadly, my audience didn’t give applauses. Just asked who Stan Lee was.

Hope Dark Phoenix gives a shout out to the X-Men and Jean Grey’s co-creator.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Talk about not giving the devil his due.

https://www.cbr.com/fox-x-men-movies-underrated/
    it does matter if they are overrated or underrated these movies are soon to be a thing of the past. let's move forward and get ready to celebrate the birth of something new.

Our hero is here.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Our hero is here.

yummy
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Our hero is here.

Ahahaha. Hey Mickey, that is a dwarf, not a Danny Devito M&M!

It's 11:48 pm on the United States East Coast feels like New Years Eve to me

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Just saw it today, and mine did too. I loved the movie, because it was full of action and it was FUN! That's what I go to see superhero movies for - Ant Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel. I have hopes that MCU will bring that to the X-Men too.

So long Singerverse! Maybe next time we can get a REAL Nightcrawler, not a middle-aged Scottish actor or a Evo emo kid. I want someone who actually looks like an acrobat.
    And please, can we leave Magneto and Mystique out of it, I'm tired of those two. There are plenty of other villains in the X-verse to explore - Mr. Sinister, Shadow King, Omega Red, Mephisto, just to name a few.