Page 107 of 325 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Ariel Miranda?
    I think you mean Aeriél Miranda. Ariel Miranda is a Cuban baseball player on the Seattle Mariners. While handsome, I don't think he's right for Storm. LOL.

As far as Aeriél, she's beautiful. I didn't watch Pretty Little Liars so i have no idea if she can act.

I think the biggest challenge with casting Storm is finding a younger actress who has the presence to pull off the character. I am not talking about just taking up space. My biggest issues with Halle and Alexadria as Storm is that they are wall flowers. They have no presence. Storm was blah in their hands, (not that the script helped, but that's another discussion.)

For a character like Storm, you know when she is in the room. She doesn't need to be loud or obnoxious. It'll be her posture, awareness, focus, mannerism etc. People who have "presence" are people who are not uncomfortable drawing attention. If she walks in somewhere, everyone else in the room is aware of her, somehow. She should silently command attention and respect without using words. It is a physical embodiment of confidence and comfort with one's self. The opposite of shy or mousy, which is how I would describe the previous incarnations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Agree to disagree. My position is that a teen Jott romance plot sucks all the air of a story, cause we all know what happens.

I want X-Men action with Storm, front and central.
    Can we agree with an "Anyone but Mystique" approach?

I mean, we've all loved Mystique and William Stryker getting the 4th and 5th most screen time and all.....

Agree to disagree. My position is that a teen Jott romance plot sucks all the air of a story, cause we all know what happens.

I want X-Men action with Storm, front and central.
    Action Storm as long we remember Storm is a 10 dimensional character. We already saw heavy glims in X2 of who Storm is. Marvel has being doing action avenger with black widow since iron man 2 and as much as we hate JLAW's Mystique now, the girl had more character progress than black widow has had in 18 movies.

I rather see storm get swapped with all the meaty story drama arcs Mystique got in First class and DOFP but even that may not happen since the content of those movies would be too much for disney.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-11-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Can we agree with an "Anyone but Mystique" approach?

I mean, we've all loved Mystique and William Stryker getting the 4th and 5th most screen time and all.....
    Stryker only has 28 minutes out of the whole franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    I rather see storm get swapped with all the meaty story drama arcs Mystique got in First class and DOFP.
    Which is why I advocate for a MCUXM worldbuild with Xavier, Magneto, and Phoenix all dead as doornails. Storm would be the heir apparent to mutant leadership, and she'd be uneasy with holding up Xavier's Dream in an increasingly complicated world.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I think you mean Aeriél Miranda. Ariel Miranda is a Cuban baseball player on the Seattle Mariners. While handsome, I don't think he's right for Storm. LOL.

As far as Aeriél, she's beautiful. I didn't watch Pretty Little Liars so i have no idea if she can act.

I think the biggest challenge with casting Storm is finding a younger actress who has the presence to pull off the character. I am not talking about just taking up space. My biggest issues with Halle and Alexadria as Storm is that they are wall flowers. They have no presence. Storm was blah in their hands, (not that the script helped, but that's another discussion.)

For a character like Storm, you know when she is in the room. She doesn't need to be loud or obnoxious. It'll be her posture, awareness, focus, mannerism etc. People who have "presence" are people who are not uncomfortable drawing attention. If she walks in somewhere, everyone else in the room is aware of her, somehow. She should silently command attention and respect without using words. It is a physical embodiment of confidence and comfort with one's self. The opposite of shy or mousy, which is how I would describe the previous incarnations.
    To be fair to Shipp and Berry they weren't given much to work with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Stryker only has 28 minutes out of the whole franchise.
    Storm leads Stryker 40 to 28. That ratio seem right to you? Yes, I was using hyperbole. It's sadly not far off.

But you know what I could do....I could just cherry pick movies and make my point correct. You are a pro at that, how should I start?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

Yes, was on my phone and did a quick spell on that one. Sorry.

It may be that we need unknowns for most of these roles.

Which is why I advocate for a MCUXM worldbuild with Xavier, Magneto, and Phoenix all dead as doornails. Storm would be the heir apparent to mutant leadership, and she'd be uneasy with holding up Xavier's Dream in an increasingly complicated world.
    I really like that idea. X-Men movies without Xavier and Magneto would feel so fresh after the Fox movies. I would love to see Storm running the school with Emma Frost helping her. Maybe even Kitty Pryde if they write an interesting character. I hope they leave the Phoenix story alone for a while after Dark Phoenix and don't bring the Phoenix back unless they end up adapting the whole Messiah thing with Hope Summers.

Storm leads Stryker 40 to 28. That ratio seem right to you? Yes, I was using hyperbole. It's sadly not far off.

But you know what I could do....I could just cherry pick movies and make my point correct. You are a pro at that, how should I start?
    We know Stryker's past in the military, his relationships with his son and Logan, fate of his wife, and even met his father in the franchise.

Storm she lived in Egypt, Admired Mystique, worked for Apocalypse or at least got a make over, and became a student of Xavier then teacher.

It's sad Stryker is one of the more developed characters of the XCU.

BANNED

Would it really be too much to ask them to stop for a little while? Put a plan in place where they want the plots to go. Hire a bunch of new/younger actors in their early 20s and say "hey this franchise will last for a few decades, but we think we can make it work with these plots and plans.

It all just seems so reactionary to whatever the last movie made and not very well planned out.

I don't think Disney will heavily ever touch Xavier and Magneto because of comparisons. the bar being so high thanks to Ian Mckellen and Partick Stewart and Mcvoy and Fassbender. We also know the mcu scripts wont be as challenging or as complicated as the movies made the Xavier and Magneto friendship to be. Disney will drop it for their good.It is not their style to make complicated world movies.

I also rather not see Xavier and Magneto for other reasons. I think Cyclops, Ordinary Jean Grey without Phoenix, Storm, Kitty Pryde Emma Frost and Wolverine should be the central characters. little by little they can start introducing others like Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, Nightcrawler. Their future movies will have all these characters take center stage, one movie at a time like the comics tend to be, rotating, the characters on panel. (this is the major mistake fox made with their films). but I am not even sure that won't happen again because X-Men in the MCU will be very diluted with xmen non characters.

Black Panther is about to become an important xmen character than 90% of even the xmen major characters in the movies. We will be lucky if Tony Stark is not the one that built Cerebro. Storm's apparent leadership will be done from Wakanda not the x-men Mansion
    and her back up will not be Jean or Kitty but Shuri and the rest of the wakanda people.

One thing I liked about xmen cartoons? it was a 100% X-Men universe. I did not have to think about non xmen characters, I won't be able to watch mcu movies without some mutant dropping references of vision, tony stark and thor. I could stomach it with spiderman homecoming constantly referencing iron man, captian america and avengers , that all spiderman wanted to be was that and not because uncle ben taught him an important life lesson. For X-men. hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I really like that idea. X-Men movies without Xavier and Magneto would feel so fresh after the Fox movies. I would love to see Storm running the school with Emma Frost helping her. Maybe even Kitty Pryde if they write an interesting character. I hope they leave the Phoenix story alone for a while after Dark Phoenix and don't bring the Phoenix back unless they end up adapting the whole Messiah thing with Hope Summers.
    I feel like I've made a friend.

Yeah, what you're describing is exactly my worldbuild of choice. Storm leads as headmistress of the "school", which is really just a sanctuary for a few refugee mutants, similar to Gifted's Mutant Underground. She's flanked by oldest allies Nightcrawler and Colossus; the three comprise the X-Men's intervention & rescue "team". Henry McCoy and Emma Frost teach the students. Wolverine is the scout. Cyclops is retired, and doesn't appear until the mid-credits stinger.

The ghosts of Xavier, Phoenix, and Magneto inform Storm's choices, and both haunt and inspire her leadership of her team, the students, and the direction of mutantkind.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 10-11-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    I don't think Disney will heavily ever touch Xavier and Magneto because of comparisons. the bar being so high thanks to Ian Mckellen and Partick Stewart and Mcvoy and Fassbender. We also know the mcu scripts wont be as challenging or as complicated as the movies made the Xavier and Magneto friendship to be. Disney will drop it for their good.It is not their style to make complicated world movies.

I also rather not see Xavier and Magneto for other reasons. I think Cyclops, Ordinary Jean Grey without Phoenix, Storm, Kitty Pryde Emma Frost and Wolverine should be the central characters. little by little they can start introducing others like Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, Nightcrawler. Their future movies will have all these characters take center stage, one movie at a time like the comics tend to be, rotating, the characters on panel. (this is the major mistake fox made with their films). but I am not even sure that won't happen again because X-Men in the MCU will be very diluted with xmen non characters.

Black Panther is about to become an important xmen character than 90% of even the xmen major characters in the movies. We will be lucky if Tony Stark is not the one that built Cerebro. Storm's apparent leadership will be done from Wakanda not the x-men Mansion
    and her back up will not be Jean or Kitty but Shuri and the rest of the wakanda people.

One thing I liked about xmen cartoons? it was a 100% X-Men universe. I did not have to think about non xmen characters, I won't be able to watch mcu movies without some mutant dropping references of vision, tony stark and thor. I could stomach it with spiderman homecoming constantly referencing iron man, captian america and avengers , that all spiderman wanted to be was that and not because uncle ben taught him an important life lesson. For X-men. hell no.
    The first two appearances of X-Men in animation was Marvel's Superheroes Show in a Sub-Mariner segment as the "Allies of Peace" then in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

X-Men TAS series did a crossover with Spider-Man, Ka-Zar and Shanna in a episode, Ms. Marvel in a episode, had a Captain America episode, cameos by Black Panther, War Machine, Dr. Strange, Punisher, Wasp, Goliath, Scarlet Spider, Hulk, and Moondragon to name some there was more.

X-Men Evolution had Nick Fury, Shield, Captain America, Stark Industries reference, and Daily Bugle reference.

Wolverine and the X-Men had Nick Fury, Shield, Hulk, and was part of the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes Universe as per the creators.

Even X-Men Anime had a Iron Man cameo with the cameo shots of heroes saving the world.

I know some like to deny it but from the comics to shows the X-Men have always been tied to the larger Marvel Universe.

Do we talk about villains now?

Cause I'd lead with Frenzy and the Acolytes, heighten the stakes with 50 foot robot Sentinels, and end up with Master Mold on Krakoa. NO HUMAN THREAT, aside from what the Sentinels clearly represent. Spare me another pack of gun toting human thugs, up against a woman in the shape of a tornado.