Page 119 of 325 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 4870
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    ...He might be perfect for a X-Men tv series, as he's more of a long-form mastermind and manipulator....
    So kind of like how they used Thanos for 8 years? And even if Sinister isn't that level of universal threat, he's still not exactly someone to take lightly in a direct confrontation.

Exactly. Sinister is the kind of villain who’s built up in lots of small moves, as Thanos was. I’m not sure if MCUXM want to build him up though, cause if it were up to me, I’d build up Doom.

Exactly. Sinister is the kind of villain who’s built up in lots of small moves, as Thanos was. I’m not sure if MCUXM want to build him up though, cause if it were up to me, I’d build up Doom.
    I think a proper Apocalypse deserves the Thanos position for the MCU X-Men. Doom is for the FF(not that I'd mind a RogueStorm movie). But if you let Apocalypse be the long game, you can tie in Rama Tut/Kang the Conqueror for the Avengers and FF, the Celestials for the GotG/Eternals, and Sinister/The Marauders as a sub-boss. Survival of the fittest is a succinct distillation of the X-Mythos anyways.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I wonder if China could actually block the Disney/Fox deal? Further, if the could...something seems very, very broken here. These are two American companies so why and how should China have any say in it?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...x-deal-1152832

EDIT: Thanks xfire, corrected my link
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 10-18-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Let's hope for the best. Fingers crossed.

Corrected link now in US' post
    Last edited by xfire2k13; 10-23-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    These are great choices. Sinister is the last remaining BIG X-Men villain to not appear in a movie - even though the appearances the others have had may have been lacking. I'm also going to pretend that the Selene they're introducing in Dark Phoenix isn't really Selene at all, as she's getting the Psylocke Last Stand treatment, and just say we still need Selene.

There's also Spiral/Mojo. Though I'm not sure how well that would go over. Would probably be just fine for a Deadpool movie. Stryfe would be good but needs to be more centered around X-Force and Cable. Madelyne Pryor via Inferno storyline would likely be too complicated and would need to involved Sinister anyways as well as Jean dying or not being around. Exodus would need to tie into Magneto and I agree thats's been done to death. None of those really would work in the main X-Men movies.
    I see these as the choices for Classic Villains Magneto and Acolytes/Brotherhood, Apocalypse and Horsemen/Clan Akkaba, Mr Sinister and Marauders/Nasty Boys, Hellfire Club, William Stryker and Church of Humanity/Purifiers, Donald Pierce and Reavers, Mystique and Freedom Force/Mutant Liberation Front, Selene and The Shadow King . I think they are going to end up cover some ground again if they lean on Classic Villains which is okay. But I think Cassandra Nova, Bastion and John Sublime especially the first two are pretty usable for telling stories as newer villains.

If I am avoiding Mags and Apoccy then I think would start with Humans as the big villains with Senator Kelly Trask, Bastion, Nimrod, Master Mold and Sentinels in play.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bastion is a good choice. They could introduce him as a partner of Trask then reveal he was a cyborg Sentinel from the future all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    a cyborg Sentinel from the future all along.
    Ugh. Time travel. I realize it's an X-Men trope, but I'm over it. DOFP was clever and well done. Deadpool 2 was silly and ironic.

I think Bastion, Nimrod, and Sentinel (nano)tech are a strong contender, but just remix the origin and have it bleeding edge robotics and A/I tech, and not some Terminator retread.

Ugh. Time travel. I realize it's an X-Men trope, but I'm over it. DOFP was clever and well done. Deadpool 2 was silly and ironic.

I think Bastion, Nimrod, and Sentinel (nano)tech are a strong contender, but just remix the origin and have it bleeding edge robotics and A/I tech, and not some Terminator retread.
    This brings up another point I was thinking on. I'm fine with the MCU tackling many of the classic X-Men stories but I feel like they should leave DOFP alone. It wasn't an exact interpretation of the original storyline, but I feel like it was a great movie, even if they did switch some of the characters around. I'm holding out final judgement on the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix storyline but given its' one movie and what little we've seen and heard already, I'm sure a redo will be in order. I think sentinels would be a great starting point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I think sentinels would be a great starting point though.
    Yeah, Sentinels *ON* Krakoa.

I wouldn't mind this, but I am totally down for island monster Krakoa!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/di.../1100-6462666/

so dark Phoenix pushed to june??? this should be interesting.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/di.../1100-6462666/

so dark Phoenix pushed to june??? this should be interesting.
    You are almost a month late.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I wonder if China could actually block the Disney/Fox deal? Further, if the could...something seems very, very broken here. These are two American companies so why and how should China have any say in it?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...x-deal-1152832

EDIT: Thanks xfire, corrected my link
    No Problem! Will delete my post