Page 209 of 325 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    It could work well. People need to stop acting like actors aren’t replaceable.
    He’ll be the first they replace. They need to make money and Wolverine prints money. “It’s too early” is such a ridiculous notion, it’s like they don’t think these are companies that want money.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    He’ll be the first they replace. They need to make money and Wolverine prints money. “It’s too early” is such a ridiculous notion, it’s like they don’t think these are companies that want money.
    It’s definitely not too early. Reactions on Twitter when Feige mentioned mutants was really positive. People are ready for the reboot.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't think he will be the first. I can see them sitting on him until the second movie to be honest. They saw how Wolverine overshadowed everyone else in the Fox movies, and I think they will want to get some of the other X-Men the chance to catch on before bringing him in. Plus if they have other characters already established then recasting Jackman will not be such a huge deal.

And just to be clear Disney is not hurting for money. Not even a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I can't wait to start watching the brittle snowflakes spaz out over Jane Fos-Thor. The tantrums will be GLORIOUS.
    We may not agree on much if anything but I’ll be damned if we don’t on this. I am going to be QUENCHED from the copious flow of butt-hurt meninist tears.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 07-21-2019 at 02:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I don't think he will be the first. I can see them sitting on him until the second movie to be honest. They saw how Wolverine overshadowed everyone else in the Fox movies, and I think they will want to get some of the other X-Men the chance to catch on before bringing him in. Plus if they have other characters already established then recasting Jackman will not be such a huge deal.

This would be the only reason to leave Wolverine off the initial launch. They make him the mouth watering second course, not unlike his comics role on the second X-unit.

But they'll do Wolverine whenever they feel like it and it'll be just fine. And it will make them a boatload of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

Yeah, when I said they need to make money, I meant, like, that’s the company’s job. Not as if they were desperate, lol.

I think the MCU will be HUGE for Storm though. With a stronger focus on diversity as stated by Feige, they're def gonna make Storm very prominent in the universe going forward

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Don’t expect to see Wolverine any time soon. A Wolverine without Hugh Jackman wouldn’t work well, it to soon.
    Everyone is replaceable, even the almighty RDJ, although not for the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think the MCU will be HUGE for Storm though. With a stronger focus on diversity as stated by Feige, they're def gonna make Storm very prominent in the universe going forward
    From your keyboard to Beyoncé/God’s ears, my friend ����

Does anybody have an MCU team in mind?

Any rendition of the comics you'd like to see?
    My ideal first X/Men team could be
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Psylocke
    Nightcrawler
    Jubilee

They all are great characters with diverse enough powers and personalities and none have been properly portrayed in the Fox verse.

I also have high hopes that Storm is going to be huge in the MCU! I really want her to be the first one introduced in BP2!
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 07-22-2019 at 12:16 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Everyone is replaceable, even the almighty RDJ, although not for the near future.
    I agree, Jackman and RDJ were great and dominating in their roles, the next actor would have live up to them and it’s going to be very hard to find a young actor that can do this. I mean, yes they can be replaced, but at what cost?
    Can a young actor takeover these roles and be as good as Jackman and RDJ, I seriously doubt it. Is it worth the risk?
    It better to wait 5,6 or maybe even 10 years.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-21-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Spectacular Member

I would love an adaptation where Beast replaces Professor X , with Gambit , Iceman , Jubilee , Storm and Wolverine rounding out the core team with Cyclops , Rogue , Colossus , Psylocke + Revanche eventually joining the team. They have beat Jean Grey's storyline to death more so than Wolverine (Who is still essential to X-Men and MCU) , Jean is not so I don't mind her not making the transition. I would also sit out Magneto and Mystique. I would make the main villain Mr. Sinister and Sabertooth and have them create a version of the Brotherhood of Mutants to go against The X-Men.

I also think they should start phasing in characters in other places like introduce Storm through Black Panther , Gambit and/or Rogue through Captain Marvel to really give more characters a better way to shine next to Wolverine tbh.
    Last edited by Npresh24; 07-22-2019 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    My ideal first X/Men team could be
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Psylocke
    Nightcrawler
    Jubilee

They all are great characters with diverse enough powers and personalities and none have been properly portrayed in the Fox verse.

I also have high hopes that Storm is going to be huge but in the MCU! I really want her to be the first one introduced in BP2!
    Great team.

Uncle Ben was never used in MCU and he is very important for Spidey. Alco MCU is not using Goblin, Octobus and other main villains.

I wan`t be surprised that we won`t have at beginning Xavier, Magneto, Jean etc.

I think they’ll either do a “hit the ground running” approach, a la Spider-man Homecoming or the X-men Animated Series, wherein the X-men are already established and you have some audience POV character who introduces you to their world/status in the MCU; or they could show an assembling of the team origin type story I suppose, explaining what mutants are and how they got to the MCU along the way.

If they do the latter, I think they should go whole hog into introducing the Illuminati and showing how Xavier along with the others (Stark, Strange, Reed Richards, Hank Pym) all agreed to keep mutants a secret, due to mounting evidence of concerted government actions against them around the world. This comes after an opening scene of the Original Five (set some time in the recent past) fighting Magneto at a military base, where he and his Brotherhood show up trying to steal nukes. It’s a quick battle, and in the end the bad guys are thwarted. But the media is calling mutants dangerous, and the government is calling for registration and formal action to be taken against these mutants.

So, for the protection of this emerging species (or sub species) they decide to act. And in that scene it would be revealed that these members of the Illuminati clearly all knew each other, and thus when Stark and Strange “met” in Infinity War they were pretending to not know one another. Perhaps a throwaway line at the end where Stark says, “and this meeting never happened; I never met you people...especially you, Strange.” Or something like that. Cut to Xavier operating a Stark/Pym modified Cerebro unit with Strange behind him casting spells, and thus erasing the global public’s knowledge of mutants; including wiping all databases containing any information on them. As we’ll find later on in these films, this is why it’s almost impossible to track down any info on Weapon X now...or Weapon Plus now, as they pick back up in the modern era trying to create super soldiers. But we do get some allusion to a link between the Super Soldier program that created Cap and the Weapon X project that made Wolverine into a weaponized assassin, down the road in a later film.

As for Reed, well, he was once the world’s greatest astrophysicist, but he of course disappears with his family on a fateful journey into space. We will find out in Fantastic Four that they were accidentally shot into the Negative Zone via a rip in spacetime, where they were transformed and given powers, and then tried to escape via the Quantum Realm. Which means years went by on Earth since their ship disappeared tragically, but only days went by for them. We’ll find all of this out in the Fantastic Four movie, which will come out before X-men anyway.

So after they establish why no one knows about mutants, we cut to Scott Summers and Xavier in Bavaria, where we get the scene of them rescuing and recruiting Nightcrawler...then we go to Cairo, Nashville (as that’s where Banshee was recruited, not Ireland), Osaka, Siberia, Arizona and finally, Quebec. One by one recruiting the ANAD team for a rescue mission. When he recruits Logan, we get some interesting dialogue about how Xavier knows what’s been done to him, and how he needs his help to ensure they cannot continue doing it to other mutants. With that, Logan cuts off the General’s tie and joins up.

From there we do the whole Krakoa thing, having firmly established the X-men’s place in the MCU. At the end, left with so many X-men, we don’t know where it will go. But I vote for Mutant Massacre as the sequel with Sinister, the Marauders and the Morlocks. Introduce both Gambit, who starts with the Marauders and then has a change of heart and ends up with the X-men, as well as Rogue. Movie starts with some X-men having left the team to pursue normal lives, so we’re left with a smaller team. Thunderbird dies on a mission in the beginning, hammering home how dangerous life is for a mutant; and we also see the government calling for mutant registration again and introducing the Sentinels. From there the Massacre begins in earnest, and of course at some point Angel gets harpooned to a wall, and later has his wings amputated (setting up his eventual arc as Archangel). We got lots of great scenes from Colossus snapping Riptide’s neck to Logan’s fight with Sabretooth in the tunnels, as well as Storm (having taken the reins when Cyclops gets injured) ordering him to “leave one alive for questioning”, telling him to do “what he does best” to the rest. Stuff like that.