Page 315 of 325 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    New scoops from Sutton.

Marvel talks about Magik D+ series and Dazzler to join A-Force team movie.
    hope it is with the actress from New Mutants....I love what we saw so far from her in the role. As for A-Force....meh...I'd rather have an all female X-Men movie.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    hope it is with the actress from New Mutants....I love what we saw so far from her in the role. As for A-Force....meh...I'd rather have an all female X-Men movie.
    Name your squad.

Mine
    Emma
    Kitty
    Storm
    Jean
    Rogue
    Jubilee
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Jean
    Storm
    Kitty
    Magik
    Jubilee
    M
    X-23 (shoot make her Wolverine)

Charlie’s Angels but Emma’s Darlings instead.

Jubilee
    M
    Husk

Vs

Tarot
    Roulette
    Catseye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Name your squad.

Mine
    Emma
    Kitty
    Storm
    Jean
    Rogue
    Jubilee
    I'd basically build it around the KYost NXM as the focus with the O5+ present as mentors, much as I was doing with New Class when I was actively writing it. I'd use this generation because IMO there's a lot of ways that class is more relevant to the 2020s than the Claremont/Byrne/Lee eras are (speaking as a tail-end Gen Xer, the NXM are a pretty apt metaphor for the Millennial experience, who would be a major part of the audience; They're young adults who've experienced considerable trauma and unique socioeconomic challenges in large part resulting from the actions of the Boomer Generation, and yet their experiences are often dismissed while they themselves are rather savagely patronized by their elders).

The bonus is that the NXM are naturally more diverse without courting the controversy of race-swapping or needing to update origins. Additionally, the best way to avoid retreading stories that Fox has already beaten into the ground would be to simply focus on different characters to BEGIN with. The NXM have their own stories (Childhood's End, the Hellions Mini, NYX, etc.) that could be explored rather than seeing Phoenix Part III and "Oh look another chess match between Xavier and Magneto."

Basically, I'd set the generations up like this:

Ancient History: Selene, Apocalypse - Still active. Either could easily be set up as the next Thanos (I'd go with Selene, as her methods of lurking in the shadows pulling strings would IMO be more conducive to a long-form story than Apocalypse who's...not exactly subtle).
    19th Century: Essex, Wolverine - Still active because of their unique histories and mutations.
    The Greatest Generation: Charles and Magneto - Honored as predecessors, though may no longer be active. Keep Sir Patrick as an aged Xavier (because seriously, he was just so perfectly cast) who if still alive to be an active presence serves more as a figurehead. Magneto could remain an active presence using a number of different tricks (deaging, or simply make it a part of his mutation that he ages more slowly).
    The Boomers: The O5+ (O5 and Claremont/Byrne/Lee) - Put them in a similar role to how they used Hank Pym in the Ant-Man movies. Show them active in flash-back scenes.
    Generation X: Kitty, New Mutants, Jubilee, Gen-X in general - The teachers and mentors who can still kick ass when called on.
    Millennials: The New X-Men - The active X-Squad. They'd be the face of the franchise
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 07-05-2020 at 08:00 AM.

I think an all female project would be better fit for the younger non A-listers. Monet, Moonstar, Jubilee and X-23 with maybe Kitty as the overseer that directs them but doesnt get involved. Id give it a Birds of Prey feel

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Name your squad.

Mine
    Emma
    Kitty
    Storm
    Jean
    Rogue
    Jubilee
    Oh honey...avec plaisir:

Storm
    Rogue
    Psylocke
    Kitty
    Jubilee
    Magik

would make a very interesting group power-wise.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd basically build it around the KYost NXM as the focus with the O5+ present as mentors, much as I was doing with New Class when I was actively writing it. I'd use this generation because IMO there's a lot of ways that class is more relevant to the 2020s than the Claremont/Byrne/Lee eras are (speaking as a tail-end Gen Xer, the NXM are a pretty apt metaphor for the Millennial experience, who would be a major part of the audience; They're young adults who've experienced considerable trauma and unique socioeconomic challenges in large part resulting from the actions of the Boomer Generation, and yet their experiences are often dismissed while they themselves are rather savagely patronized by their elders).

The bonus is that the NXM are naturally more diverse without courting the controversy of race-swapping or needing to update origins. Additionally, the best way to avoid retreading stories that Fox has already beaten into the ground would be to simply focus on different characters to BEGIN with. The NXM have their own stories (Childhood's End, the Hellions Mini, NYX, etc.) that could be explored rather than seeing Phoenix Part III and "Oh look another chess match between Xavier and Magneto."

Basically, I'd set the generations up like this:

Ancient History: Selene, Apocalypse - Still active. Either could easily be set up as the next Thanos (I'd go with Selene, as her methods of lurking in the shadows pulling strings would IMO be more conducive to a long-form story than Apocalypse who's...not exactly subtle).
    19th Century: Essex, Wolverine - Still active because of their unique histories and mutations.
    The Greatest Generation: Charles and Magneto - Honored as predecessors, though may no longer be active. Keep Sir Patrick as an aged Xavier (because seriously, he was just so perfectly cast) who if still alive to be an active presence serves more as a figurehead. Magneto could remain an active presence using a number of different tricks (deaging, or simply make it a part of his mutation that he ages more slowly).
    The Boomers: The O5+ (O5 and Claremont/Byrne/Lee) - Put them in a similar role to how they used Hank Pym in the Ant-Man movies. Show them active in flash-back scenes.
    Generation X: Kitty, New Mutants, Jubilee, Gen-X in general - The teachers and mentors who can still kick ass when called on.
    Millennials: The New X-Men - The active X-Squad. They'd be the face of the franchise
    I need to see a proper rendition of Storm before they make her a boomer lol. I do really like this idea though and would 100% watch a Disney+ series starring these guys as more mainstream X-Men were starring on the big screen.

All-New Member

Don't know if this was brought up but my choice for Wolverine would be Zac Efron, he's young, short and buff and I think he has the acting chops to do the job. The perfect casting would be Tom Hardy but he's pretty old now, I think Logan should be in the 30s range so he can stay for as long as he can, and for Cyclops I think it should go to Henry Cavill.
    Last edited by comfydog; 07-05-2020 at 08:55 PM.

People that come for an X-men movie probably aren't going to be too fond of the X-men being old retired characters that only work as supporting cast.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    People that come for an X-men movie probably aren't going to be too fond of the X-men being old retired characters that only work as supporting cast.
    They could do a tv show of the 05 in the past with the new generation (Claremont era) in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They could do a tv show of the 05 in the past with the new generation (Claremont era) in the movies.
    I think you'd be better off switching that around. Get the names that are going to be the big brawl into the movie and put the lesser known characters into the show where they have more room to experiment with them and grow.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    New scoops from Sutton.

Marvel talks about Magik D+ series and Dazzler to join A-Force team movie.
    Not sure how reliable all these scoops are as a lot of them sound like fans wishful thinking, but I've long maintained the original Magik mini is the perfect template for a TV miniseries. It's such a good story and so adaptable without even making too many changes. I'm not a fan but I'll admit it might be cool to have Halle Berry playing an older Storm there and try and redeem her previous less than exceptional showings and poor material she had to work with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think you'd be better off switching that around. Get the names that are going to be the big brawl into the movie and put the lesser known characters into the show where they have more room to experiment with them and grow.
    That's true. Perhaps the tv show could be about teams like Brubaker's roster: Thunderbird II, Polaris, Havoc, Darwin, and Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by comfydog View Post
    Don't know if this was brought up but my choice for Wolverine would be Zac Efron, he's young, short and buff and I think he has the acting chops to do the job. The perfect casting would be Tom Hardy but he's pretty old now, I think Logan should be in the 30s range so he can stay for as long as he can, and for Cyclops I think it should go to Henry Cavill.
    He's been discussed. In a way, he's not a horrible option. He has the muscles, he's not very tall, he has some acting chops(as seen in his Ted Bundy role). All that said, he's too much of douchebro for Logan. I'd rather they just find some Canadian roughneck, but I could see a Hollywood casting director throw Zac's pic on a board.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!