Page 321 of 325 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325 LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 4870

There was a dude somewhere who had the absolute best casting of an xmen movie anyone ever made. He cast Rami Malek as Nightcrawler, Milo Gibson as Wolverine, Ivan Dragos son as Colossus, and this actress that absolutely WAS STORM as Storm and it was not Janelle Monae and damn I wish I remembered where I saw this and who the actress was. But she looked the part. Tall like Storm should be, regal, she looks like an African Queen. And not just that but Storm has this exotic look to her, the white eyes and the white hair can look really stupid on the wrong person, unless that person is like a grace jones type who has an ethereal quality to her look which this girl does. Since Storm is visibly the most powerful x-man you need someone to command that.

My choice for Cyclops is Alex Roe and for Jean its Bella Thorne but she is a lunatic so my second choice is gillian jacobs

For Xavier its Denzel, I think he has the personality to pass as a strong yet compassionate leader. Although Mark Strong is my second choice. And Magneto is Pierce Brosnan.
    Last edited by BESTXMAN; 07-08-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    My point wasn't so much diversity for diversity's sake, but to avoid some tool who looks the part but can't pull it off outside of a poster.
    You'll get that more from a white actor, an actor from a marginalised group has to be twice as good for half the work. It's not lack of talent, it's lack of opportunity.

If, for example, the choice for Cyclops (or nearly anyone else, to be honest) was between Idris Elba and the schmuck from Gymkata I'm insisting on Idris Elba every time.
    Marvel also are crazy good at casting, with rare exceptions.

BANNED

Why are some of this actresses jumping into conclusions that Storm is in Black Panther 2? Why are they all thinking the most important thing about Storm is her marital status to Black Panther that only lasted for like how many years?

If Storm does first appear in Black Panther 2, I would see it as empty hype. We need to tell this actresses,X-Men is excellent because they are stand alone and self contained.

BANNED

jumping to conclusions is the new normal now. Just look at all this people doing it on their youtube channels. And 99,9 % of this is proven false.

They do that because Storm marriage is the most a lot of people know about her. And the Fox movies did not really help with that.
    So Marvel getting her in Black Panther 2 is the logical conclusion for them. As wrong as it would be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Why are some of this actresses jumping into conclusions that Storm is in Black Panther 2? Why are they all thinking the most important thing about Storm is her marital status to Black Panther that only lasted for like how many years?
    Might simply be because she's been deeply involved with T'Challa in the comics over the years.

If Storm does first appear in Black Panther 2, I would see it as empty hype. We need to tell this actresses,X-Men is excellent because they are stand alone and self contained.
    The comics themselves don't do this, various X-men have joined other non-mutant groups like the Avengers and as shown above Storm has been a supporting character in Black Panther and even married T’Challa. The barriers in the MCU movie verse are far less siloed, and this would be in Fiege's jurisdiction rather than the tv shows that ignored each other. The X-men are intertwined with Marvel, not separate from it.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    There was a dude somewhere who had the absolute best casting of an xmen movie anyone ever made. He cast Rami Malek as Nightcrawler, Milo Gibson as Wolverine, Ivan Dragos son as Colossus, and this actress that absolutely WAS STORM as Storm and it was not Janelle Monae and damn I wish I remembered where I saw this and who the actress was. But she looked the part. Tall like Storm should be, regal, she looks like an African Queen. And not just that but Storm has this exotic look to her, the white eyes and the white hair can look really stupid on the wrong person, unless that person is like a grace jones type who has an ethereal quality to her look which this girl does. Since Storm is visibly the most powerful x-man you need someone to command that.
    It was Jodi Turner-Smith. My absolute first choice for the role as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I try to imagine other actresses and I just can’t. Michaela has such a presence onscreen, she’s so unusually beautiful, the camera loves her face so much... everyone else just fucking pales. There are models and actresses who are more typical but they don’t have her level of intensity or charisma. I don’t think anyone BESIDES her could carry a mutant action film.
    Michaela Coel would kill it as well, but Disney would never be that bold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Might simply be because she's been deeply involved with T'Challa in the comics over the years.

Black Panther is about 10% of Storm's history. its not a Scott and Jean or Rogue and Gambit level romance that is that deep. I can name 10 Storm stories that matter more than her marriage to black panther.

The comics themselves don't do this, various X-men have joined other non-mutant groups like the Avengers and as shown above Storm has been a supporting character in Black Panther and even married T’Challa. The barriers in the MCU movie verse are far less siloed, and this would be in Fiege's jurisdiction rather than the tv shows that ignored each other. The X-men are intertwined with Marvel, not separate from it.
    The X-Men are not intertwined that heavily with marvel that you need to introduced the main xmen leader in another movie or worse, as a love interest. Look at every xmen live adaption, how many times do they show them talking to other marvel heroes? its less than 5%

The best films are stand alones and self contained for a reason. X-Men is not that intertwined with Wakanda.

I don't want Storm to even be associated with Black Panther let alone introduced in his movie. Being relegated to a love interest is no better than being a prop in the Fox movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I don't want Storm to even be associated with Black Panther let alone introduced in his movie. Being relegated to a love interest is no better than being a prop in the Fox movies.
    I don’t think she would have even have to be a love interest because T’Challa already has one. I’m surprised that people are against Storm appearing sooner rather than later, since it’ll just give her character more time to be explored.

Astonishing Member

Black Panther is about 10% of Storm's history. its not a Scott and Jean or Rogue and Gambit level romance that is that deep. I can name 10 Storm stories that matter more than her marriage to black panther.
    Storm has more going for her in the comics as T'Challa's love interest, technically, than Nakia does. Nakia in the comics is a former Dora Milaje who became obsessed with T'Challa who became a super-villain Malice when he spurned her advances and teamed up with enemies like Killmonger and Man-Ape. A female fatale who brainwashed men to fall in love with her like Poison Ivy and was a vicious killer.

T'Challa's love life is far more complicated than those examples and Nakia's not in it. I say that as a fan of movie Nakia.

It's not the first time Marvel's done this, Pepper Potts wasn't Stark's "Lois Lane" until the MCU made her like that in the movies, she was a supporting character and friend/secretary who had a huge crush on him but her romantic relationship was with Happy Hogan - who she married. I could go on and on about this with the girlfriends and love interests in the MCU movies.

Should Storm date T'Challa? I don't have a strong opinion in either direction and his romance with MCU Nakia is hardly set in stone.

What percentage a character is involved in a title isn't relevant, Marvel will do as it pleases.

The X-Men are not intertwined that heavily with marvel that you need to introduced the main xmen leader in another movie or worse, as a love interest.
    Storm marrying T'Challa for years isn't being intertwined with Marvel, or when they had the Avengers Unity Squad? Or when Bobby Da Costa lead two Avenger teams? You completely ignored how I described what Marvel has vastly more freedom, as though they run by the same rules the comics do. How is Storm being introduced in Black Panther's movies a downgrade? BP in one single movie has credit the X-men spent years building and what's this X-men can't date non-mutants about? X-men have dated non-mutant characters since forever. Trish Tilby, a news anchor, was a long time girlfriend for Hank McCoy.

Look at every xmen live adaption, how many times do they show them talking to other marvel heroes? its less than 5%
    Because those adaptions aren't in shared universes, and this is about how the MCU runs things. They're not Fox.

The best films are stand alones and self contained for a reason. X-Men is not that intertwined with Wakanda.
    That's subjective. But Storm is, it's not like the X-men don't have members join other titles every once a a while.

Storm marrying T'Challa for years isn't being intertwined with Marvel, or when they had the Avengers Unity Squad? Or when Bobby Da Costa lead two Avenger teams? You completely ignored how I described what Marvel has vastly more freedom, as though they run by the same rules the comics do. How is Storm being introduced in Black Panther's movies a downgrade? BP in one single movie has credit the X-men spent years building and what's this X-men can't date non-mutants about? X-men have dated non-mutant characters since forever. Trish Tilby, a news anchor, was a long time girlfriend for Hank McCoy.
    On that note, having Beast show up as an Avenger could also be a nice way to slowly easy the mutants into the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I will flat out disagree on that.

X-Men 3 showed Storm could be a great leader.

X-Men 2 showed storm can mix well and understood people.

I will take that over a regulated love interest role in a movie that is not even titled X-Men.

In the Black Panther film, the three female characters didn't really have any of their own personal stories in the film like the Storm/Kurt subplot in X2, Adding Storm in the sequel would just make the writing more thin. That would be 4 female characters the film would have to juggle.
    Last edited by Castle; 07-09-2020 at 05:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    On that note, having Beast show up as an Avenger could also be a nice way to slowly easy the mutants into the MCU.

Storm is the other X-Men leader, Beast is a founding member of the X-Men. Marvel will need about 3 true stand alone X-Men films before any mixing and other appearances. they need to build an x-men universe first, just shoving all the MCUness right at the beginning would prove to dier in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t think she would have even have to be a love interest because T’Challa already has one. I’m surprised that people are against Storm appearing sooner rather than later, since it’ll just give her character more time to be explored.
    She should be introduced in the first titled X-Men film. Claremont's 1975 giant sized X-Men.

People are against it because X-Men does not need constant guest appearances.

Marvel needs to do something new, The MCU concept itself is no longer new or fresh.

it really is just too soon to start pairing up Beast/Avengers and Storm/BP when MCU has yet to established an X-Men world first.
    Last edited by Castle; 07-09-2020 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I loved that dude’s casting of the ANAD team. He nailed every single one IMO.

X-Men 3 showed Storm could be a great leader
    ...by having Wolverine lead. She did have a somewhat better role in X3, I'll give you that. But in everything that came afterwards she was basically a glorified cameo.