Page 61 of 325 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Isnt Perlmutter the real problem?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Still? Jeez! Hopefully, with AoS dwindling, pretty much out of the picture, and Loeb no longer piggybacking so much off the MCU, his & Feige's relationship will improve.
    Feige called in big daddy Disney and had them remove Perlmutter from the most lucrative movie franchise in history. Agents Of SHIELD doesn't really play a role in this, I think. It's his obsession with Inhumans and his penny-pinching, and also his politics that got Perlmutter kicked to the curb.
    Perlmutter is why we didn't get a Black Widow movie, why Black Widow merchandise is relatively rare, and why we didn't get a female villain in Iron Man 3.

Yes! I read that name and my mind immediately pictured Baron Harkonnen. I knew he was a problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Feige called in big daddy Disney and had them remove Perlmutter from the most lucrative movie franchise in history. Agents Of SHIELD doesn't really play a role in this, I think. It's his obsession with Inhumans and his penny-pinching, and also his politics that got Perlmutter kicked to the curb.
    Perlmutter is why we didn't get a Black Widow movie, why Black Widow merchandise is relatively rare, and why we didn't get a female villain in Iron Man 3.
    I was going by this, ScreenRant.com, Marvel Studios Fails Fans by Fighting Marvel TV (& Not Hiding It Well). But it was from 3 years ago, so that particular dynamic might've changed. I've since found the following:

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    It's a nice pic, but I don't think we'll ever get a cartoon with a 22 member main cast (yes, I counted). The '90s X-Men cartoon had nine and that was a lot.
    That is a large cast I agree, but as mentioned earlier Justice League Unlimited pulled it off really well. Also Wolverine and the X-Men had a pretty big cast if you count both present day and future teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Is that Captain Pepsi? (second line from the top, bottom right)
    I lol'd so hard at this because I didn't even notice that the first time
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Very nice. I would like a cartoon looking like that. As someone who, comic book-wise, never got into the mainline stuff, I would like to see that artist take a crack at the New X-Men characters and other not as well-known names.

What if the did an X-Men cartoon that was like that Justice League show they did awhile back? Have a central cast of characters that are normally the focus, but other characters off to the side who can either guest-star often or or get their own spotlight episodes. E.G., have the series mostly be Uncanny X-Men, but have New Mutants, New X-Men, etc. episodes or guest stars the rest of the time.
    Yes to this. That was also my ideal for a new X-Men cartoon. A chore team that could add members or divide into other teams for different missions. For me the main team is adult, not kids like in Evo.

My main team would be:

Professor X is the mentor
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Psylocke
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Kitty Pryde
    Rogue

Iceman, Jean Grey, Archangel, Forge, Beast, Gambit, Dazzler, Polaris, Havok, Sunfire, Jubilee, etc.... would be slowly introduced. Some of them were X-Men in the past. Some will be new recruits.

The New Mutants are the students at the school.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    Do you think Disney will promote these films??

I think they will, there is money to be made. I hope they are good too.

I also hope that it's farewell for good to that universe.

BANNED

Uh-oh, X-pect lots of...

... Mutant meltdowns. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    Do you think Disney will promote these films??
    No The deal won't be official by the first one,The second will probably be on under Disney deal but I have seen it mention some Fox studios will be left in tact so it might business as usual for them however they promoted before they will use the same method.

This process is going to be interesting seeing how hands on will Marvel/Disney be with X-property

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No The deal won't be official by the first one,The second will probably be on under Disney deal but I have seen it mention some Fox studios will be left in tact so it might business as usual for them however they promoted before they will use the same method.

This process is going to be interesting seeing how hands on will Marvel/Disney be with X-property
    I'd be surprised if Disney hasn't had at least some say in X-men Dark Phoenix and New Mutants, just not to the extent that recent rumors have implied. I suspect there has been some coordination behind the scenes since the end of 2017. It's in Disney and Fox's best interest to have both Dark Phoenix and New Mutants succeed. Any kind of success improves the value of a brand and Disney is all about improving its brand. I don't think either movie will hint at ties to the MCU at this point. I think Dark Phoenix will likely act as a capstone for the whole Fox-era X-men before launching them into the MCU. If it and New Mutants have a purpose, it's to keep the value of the franchise high so that Disney has a good starting point for launching them into the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'd be surprised if Disney hasn't had at least some say in X-men Dark Phoenix and New Mutants, just not to the extent that recent rumors have implied. I suspect there has been some coordination behind the scenes since the end of 2017. It's in Disney and Fox's best interest to have both Dark Phoenix and New Mutants succeed. Any kind of success improves the value of a brand and Disney is all about improving its brand. I don't think either movie will hint at ties to the MCU at this point. I think Dark Phoenix will likely act as a capstone for the whole Fox-era X-men before launching them into the MCU. If it and New Mutants have a purpose, it's to keep the value of the franchise high so that Disney has a good starting point for launching them into the MCU.
    I mean marvel of course always has some say in properties but official word from Kevin Feige has been that he can't plan stuff until the deal goes through even though like with spiderman in civil war they had movie contingency plans if they deal stop and they were not able to put him in. So if they have some long term stuff they need to set up from Dark Phoenix I am sure they have under the table way of making it happen.

Where i will disagree is these last two movies don't mean anything,If they are successful cool they can build on it like plan to do with deadpool. If they are garbage they can just reboot and move on. They can wipe their hands clean and from easy but I think wouldn't mind Dark Phoenix doing good because they can skip recast parts walking into the MCU with Cyclops,Jean Grey,Nightcrawler and Storm successful cast makes their life very easy.

Reboot it all.

All New, all different cast starting with OG5

BANNED

If the X-Men become part of the MCU how will the timeline be explained?
    The movies are not going to use the older version X-Men anymore.
    The younger version is set in the 80’s and 90’s, but the MCU is set in the present.