Page 73 of 325 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 4870

Yeah, no . . . Ryan Reynolds IS Deadpool until he can't Deadpool no more.

I actually liked Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, but it's time for someone new.

I could see Tatum as Gambit possibly depending on the movie context, especially if it's a solo and still under Fox.

But generally I think all the X-Men need younger reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    What about Mystique? I think Lawrence is good, although the movie Mystique is very different from the comics Mystique.
    Are you kidding? LOL. That's the one character/actress EVERYONE wants to see recast.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    My only wish is that they simply don't rehash old characters because they will forevermore be compared to the old X-Men movies. Instead, make a new roster. Start out with teenagers and work your way up. Instead of Angel, use Jay Guthrie with 10x less stupid. Instead of Jean Grey, use Rachel Summers and have Jean play a background parent role. Instead of Cyclops, I don't know really Franklin Richards I guess. Instead of Beast, have Armor. Instead of Iceman, have Oya.

Build up from there. Don't jump straight into mutant discrimination. Honestly, the source material should take elements of X-Men Evolution.
    What?? I wholeheartedly disagree.

How official is it though? There's been nothing said on merger of universes, or reboot of X-Men? Just how they're being overseen. I think we're getting alil bit ahead of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    What about Mystique? I think Lawrence is good, although the movie Mystique is very different from the comics Mystique.
    Nooooooo please. Jennifer Lawrence is the worst part of the current franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    How official is it though? There's been nothing said on merger of universes, or reboot of X-Men? Just how they're being overseen. I think we're getting alil bit ahead of ourselves.
    There is no way in hell Feige is going to keep the old cast and timeline that's saddled with baggage. The only possible one to stay is Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, his 4th wall breaking would make it and easy add-in too.

The MCU X-Men will be a different cast and origins to the Fox-franchise. After the deal is officially done Dark Phoenix or New Mutants will be the last films of the Fox franchise.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

You all realize this doesn't say anything we didn't already know, right? They're not saying they're rebooting, they're not saying they're merging. The ONLY thing they're saying is that Feige will be overseeing the X-Men. In fact Iger was outright evasive when pressed about it (specifically Deadpool).

Y'all are getting way ahead of yourselves.

BANNED

What I really want to see is the REAL Cyclops in the movies.
    To this day, all we saw was a cheap copy. We need our fearless leader leading the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You all realize this doesn't say anything we didn't already know, right? They're not saying they're rebooting, they're not saying they're merging. The ONLY thing they're saying is that Feige will be overseeing the X-Men. In fact Iger was outright evasive when pressed about it (specifically Deadpool).

Y'all are getting way ahead of yourselves.
    And you are being incredibly naive, to say it politely.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    There is no way in hell Feige is going to keep the old cast and timeline that's saddled with baggage. The only possible one to stay is Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, his 4th wall breaking would make it and easy add-in too.

The MCU X-Men will be a different cast and origins to the Fox-franchise. After the deal is officially done Dark Phoenix or New Mutants will be the last films of the Fox franchise.
    I agree. Maybe they should try and introduce the first team of X-Men with some characters that are not heavily featured in the last X-Men movies.

They could maybe have an older Professor again, and have Gambit (not Tatum), Rogue (brick), Psylocke (british), Jubilee, Wolverine (short hairy guy), Northstar and maybe Colossus from the deadpool movies to connect to the only character they'll keep as it is...Deadpool.
    A picture would last longer darling...

In reality Mcavoy, Lawrence, and Fassbender are at the point where their paychecks will be huge. Also there is all the XCU baggage of that mess they call continuity, the films range from Great to Awful, and Marvel Studios have never folded past continuity into their films always rebooting. With Fiege in charge a hard reboot is guaranteed the only one that could survive is Deadpool due to his 4th Wall breaking and even him won't pop up in any MCU film IMO he'll just be allowed to exist in his own bubble commenting on everything.

The MCU made 4 billion dollars at the box office this year that's the brand that will take precedence.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-20-2018 at 09:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    And you are being incredibly naive, to say it politely.
    No, I'm dealing with the FACTS of what was in the "announcement."

YES! I'm so excited that we'll have real X-Men movies and not that fake stuff from Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree. Maybe they should try and introduce the first team of X-Men with some characters that are not heavily featured in the last X-Men movies.

They could maybe have an older Professor again, and have Gambit (not Tatum), Rogue (brick), Psylocke (british), Jubilee, Wolverine (short hairy guy), Northstar and maybe Colossus from the deadpool movies to connect to the only character they'll keep as it is...Deadpool.
    This. With a new Cyclops. Ya know, the only other character I felt was a given a good actor was Magneto/Fassbender. Just keep him the hell away from Rogue
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No, I'm dealing with the FACTS of what was in the "announcement."
    I think you have to read the announcement in context of the facts of how Disney does business. If the old X-movies had been beloved classics, they would have stuck with them in continuity, because that would have been the most profitable choice. Since they are not, they are going to want to retool them to think how to make the most money possible from them.

Basically, what will be the most profitable thing? Disney will do that. Always. Look at what they kept in Star Wars and what they have dropped hard.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 09-20-2018 at 10:03 AM.