Page 88 of 325 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No, the crux of the Anya/Magda story was that even though he and Magda lived through the camps together, and escaped together, and had a child together, when she saw him unleash his powers avenging their little child(who had no powers), she ran from him in disgust. That broke his heart, and made him turn from humanity. To become Magneto. To think that, even after using him as one of their few central characters, they didn't know this story until Fassbender did his research 16 years after they've already been making these movies, is a travesty. And even when they adapt it finally, completely out of sequence for the character's development, they still screw it up.
    I didn’t say it was comic accucate just that it works on its own.

And Quicksilver is right there....Beast's [completely]bs interpretation of quantum mechanics is not some mandate to constantly screw up these characters over and over again.
    By “family” I don’t mean simply having offspring. I mean “family” as in Fast & The Furious type of family where you have people close to you. Even Quicksilver’s mom said that getting close to Mags will never end well. Just look at his wife and daughter for example.

I think I've had my fill of your gymnastics. You can enjoy your Fox-films on Blue Ray and DVD as long as you like. I look forward to a new interpretation at the MCU.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

But Ororo is.....
    yes, I know and it was a krass departure from her comic book character. But there are still not a lot of Black female character out there which are not falling into the "sassy, feisty eye rolling" trope and are allowed to be vulnerable at times...Ororo's few sentences with Nightcrawler in X2 touched me.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    yes, I know and it was a krass departure from her comic book character. But there are still not a lot of Black female character out there which are not falling into the "sassy, feisty eye rolling" trope and are allowed to be vulnerable at times...Ororo's few sentences with Nightcrawler in X2 touched me.
    I rolled my eyes at her line. Where was her anger? Where did it come from? It was a half-baked line, and a half-baked attempt at a 'romance'.

MCU couldn't use Silver Surfer [legally]. Fox had all the pieces of the puzzle they needed to tell Shadow King's story or Apocalypse's story in the correct fashion. They chose not to(probably out of ignorance, because they never even read the comics).
    They definitely read those stories. You tell by the recreation of scenes and a couple of dialogue. And Shadow King’s story was told in correct fashion in Legion, so there is no denying that they read it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    The Holocaust was Magneto's story.
    The hell it was. It was a real life genocide, not the backstory of some silver age villain/wannabe anti-hero.

I did tell people to imagine if captain marvel is the marvel xmen trailer?
    Cool game. Let's imagine the trailer for movie X is actually the trailer for unrelated movie Y.
    Let's imagine the trailer for Deadpool is actually the trailer for Days Of Future Past. Hey, this makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by frankyspaceout View Post
    Will you watch MCU X-Men?
    I don't know yet. As a marvel fan who thinks MCU is the weakest part of marvel, (prefer the Netflix shows) I may just let things play out. I always supported the various types of marvel movies regardless. I wanted MCU as they are but leave X-men out.

I liked X-Men for the tone, drama and depth. the pleasure it gave me their top tiers films could give the TDK DC movies a run of their money since those were DC's best movies. I recently saw the down side of cinematic universes after Logan and the new mutants trailer. I may let things play out but I get the premonition MCU X-men is heading for major obstacles.

Spectacular Member

I rolled my eyes at her line. Where was her anger? Where did it come from? It was a half-baked line, and a half-baked attempt at a 'romance'.
    I don't saw any romance in that. It felt very Audre Lorde to me.

I think I've had my fill of your gymnastics. You can enjoy your Fox-films on Blue Ray and DVD as long as you like. I look forward to a new interpretation at the MCU.
    Stating an opinion is mental gymnastics now?

BANNED

Marvel has done more than ten years white male cis cinema. I haven't forgotten their lack of female characters yet. Now they have to "re-energize" their system with exorcized Blackness to keep their capitalist machine going... I also liked the movie a lot. It has super witty scenes in it. But I personally have an issue with the exorcized over the top Blackness which produces a very weird and problematic image of the African continent. this image is not new and has a long tradition. It is clearly a North American Negritude fantasy. Let's hope there will really be a cultural impact coming from this movie. I think they urgently have to stop this event based logic.
    What does "exorcising blackness" mean in this context, it seems to mean something completely different from what it usually means.

There are beautifully done critical pieces online about this movie who can describe it way better than I can.
    I believe you.

BANNED

I don't know yet. As a marvel fan who thinks MCU is the weakest part of marvel, (prefer the Netflix shows)...
    The Netflix shows are part of the MCU...

I don't saw any romance in that. It felt very Audre Lorde to me.
    Did Audre Lorde like her face getting felt up by some crazy blue claws when she was delivering insights?

There was an obvious romantic undercurrent to their scenes in X2.

There are whole sites of fanfics shipping them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The hell it was. It was a real life genocide, not the backstory of some silver age villain/wannabe anti-hero.

Cool game. Let's imagine the trailer for movie X is actually the trailer for unrelated movie Y.
    Let's imagine the trailer for Deadpool is actually the trailer for Days Of Future Past. Hey, this makes zero sense.
    Wannabe Anti-Hero was more KillMonger. A real life story injected into fictional movies and stories to give them more depth and a certain level of realness instead of having them become empty popcorn movies identical to MCU movies.

MCU Magneto will be no Ian Mckellen/Fassbender. We know how problematic MCU villains are already. Is there any MCU trailer that has little similarities to Captain Marvel. All marvel trailers are the same.

BANNED

Can I take my chance on the first Disney X-Men.

I. Mutants are randomly introduced. you will get some few words of their concept but nothing worthy of any real depth. No Xavier writing a PHD thesis on the concept of mutants. Forget Jean trying to make a case to Congress or Senator Kelly warning the world Mutants are real and they need monitoring.
    Well, obviously not. That would be daft, starting the MCU X-Men as a straight-up remake of X-Men 1 with the exact same opening story beats.

II A few references that they are different, Disney will probably not dwell much of why mutants are hated but other heroes Avengers, GOTG and F4 are beloved. It is not financially profitable to make that distinction either.
    The Avengers are not beloved. Steve Rogers is a wanted criminal. Tony Stark is the guy that created Ultron and almost destroyed the world.
    Nobody even knows who the Guardians Of The Galaxy are, and the people who do know them believe they should be in prison. There are no FF.

III. There is an invasion to capture mutants, they attack the mansion and kill some mutants.
    Seems likely, doesn't this kind of thing always happen in X-Men stories?

IV. Avengers come in and give xmen some prep lessons about their experiences fighting invasions. They train some mutants
    Not seeing that happening. The Avengers did't even really exist anymore at the start of Infinity War.

[
    B]V.[/B] X-men go to...New York (Salem Canter), to try and stop the invasion.
    They go to... the place they live at? Sounds legit.

What exactly do you mean by invasion here?

The earth is rocked, buildings and destroyed, damages upon damages that the government can't realistic pay off , the X-Men have fun with it but you don't get there is any real danger or actual stakes. Some thrown in out of places jokes everywhere. They win.
    No, this isn't a Fox movie.

The movie ends.
    One would hope so. Movies without endings suck.

We see some random set up of Iron Man doing something with Xavier , (sorry you guys keep bringing him up) in an after credit thing, oh sorry, after credit scenes.
    Doubtful Iron Man will still be around after Avengers 4.

Spectacular Member

Did Audre Lorde like her face getting felt up by some crazy blue claws when she was delivering insights?

There was an obvious romantic undercurrent to their scenes in X2.

There are whole sites of fanfics shipping them.
    I'm not sure. Maybe there is a lesbian kink for getting painted blue while speaking about social inequality on a date?