Page 94 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I just think starting with the Magneto vs Xavier conflict right from the jump would be a mistake. I'm perfectly ok with them building up the hatred of mutants over a movie or 3 and letting it hit a breaking point (be it the mutant massacre, the sentinels or something along those lines) before introducing Magneto so his appearance will have an impact on the audience.
    I think starting from the very beginning again is a bad idea and something Marvel would want to avoid.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I would be ok with that, so you propose the antagonist of the first movie is basically the non-mutant population? I'm just trying to think how that would happen.
    Maybe the Purifers? Or atleast some version of them.

You could start the first movie with the world being spilt over the discovery of the X-gene with the more ... extremist groups uniting under the fear of what it might mean and deciding to act before it becomes a problem for humanity. Save the evil mutants for films 2 & 3 while disdain for mutants as a whole builds in the background until it hits a boiling point that would force someone like Magneto to take such a drastic stand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I think starting from the very beginning again is a bad idea and something Marvel would want to avoid.
    Either way, they have to introduce the world to mutants AND the hatred of mutants in a way that makes sense. I just think a (relatively) slow burn would work better in this universe without feeling forced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe the Purifers? Or atleast some version of them.

You could start the first movie with the world being spilt over the discovery of the X-gene with the more ... extremist groups uniting under the fear of what it might mean and deciding to act before it becomes a problem for humanity. Save the evil mutants for films 2 & 3 while disdain for mutants as a whole builds in the background until it hits a boiling point that would force someone like Magneto to take such a drastic stand.
    Almost an X-gene Begins type of format with escalation causing the rise of Magneto. I'd be good with that.

Astonishing Member

They could have mystique running th brotherhood at first (with her daughter rogue ) maybe Gambit could start off there too. The x side could have the standard Scott, Jean, storm Wolverine (it's inevitable) maybe have forge instead of beast as the smart science tech guy. I kinda want ish they'd cut back on the students a bit, maybe just jubilee, lol.

The last 30 minutes of X2 saw three omega level mutants cowering at a flood coming at a jet. It only makes sense if you forget there are mutants on the ship. Is that really dark? Meh. If htat is your bar, then the MCU has gotten plenty dark, you have no interest in conceding that point...so why would anyone engage with you on it?

And yes...Mystique has gotten a ton of development. That's part of the problem. Back to where the other poster was falsely equating Storm and Mystique.
    The last 30 minutes of X2 was about the total annihilation of humans and mutants without needing to destroy anything by two people who are actually very smart, severely very prejudiced. to the point they didn't have to get their hands dirty as in having massive big battles.

Jason , a deranged mentally handicapped mutant with great psyche powers transformed into a little girl and order the genocide of mutants using Xavier as his pawn. His father who was the mastermind left his own son there to die, telling his henchmen they should kill anyone who tries to stop his plan even him.

that was a dark moment. Magneto comes back and reversed it humans and the world went into chaos . To see people dying through cerebro that was dark, The president dying in his office, the writing is what makes it better than MCU movies that usually have godzilla battle fights at the end of every movie. How many times is MCU going to this? all mcu movies have this massive gigantic battles in the end, nothing as complex as X2. This is the part X2 more than rises above Winter Solider that had a massive submarine battle in the end. If you seen one last 30 minutes of an mcu movie, you have seen them all.

The little girl alone using a sweet innocent voice to tell xavier to find mutants and kill them will never happen in a MCU movie. you are talking of disney a company still known as a very family friendly. The company that amounts to be biggest market shares of toys, that has always translated to making their movies. Would X23 be in an MCU movie.

What of DOFP. people sent into concentration camps including kids, a truck goes by and stacks up dead bodies on the floor. the sentinels just killing mutants violently. I could go on, X-Men tends to be darker because that is the world they live in, their stories dwell better there, please this is a series that has many alternate realities were the villains wins and takes many mutants into slavery. Days Of Future Past, Age of Apocalypse. Once disney makes that world away , turning X-Men into something very overly colourful compared to the darker world X-Men has has usually reflected in their movies. Logan, DOFP, X1, X2, X3. MCU X-Men movies would never been seen as good for X-Men movies. They could be good MCU movies but not good X-Men movies. I could be wrong but I have to ask, have you read X-men comics or seen X-Men TAS, they are not exactly like MCU movies.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-21-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think Widow had great development on Winter Soldier and Civil War she's getting her own film with Cate Shortland directing.
    Black Widow may finally get something when she gets her own movie. the people who say xmen characters dont get enough , I can agree to that but it is not equal. xmen characters don't have solo movies. the argument that mcu characters get more development can be plausible if you consider they have personal movies and team movies.

To widen the border, how much character development does Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Ant-Man, Spiderman, Dr Strange, Hulk get in cross over movies? they get more in their own solo movies. When they all come together it is more of a party moment for them.

Amazing Member

Let’s not debate XCU vs. MCU that’s over. My question what X-Men should be in the first film.

MCU has plenty of dark moments. Even just taking the Scarlet Witch as an example gives plenty.

The more I think about, the more I'm into them using Sunfire. He's a bit of an ass and it'd be nice to have a hero who isn't necessarily a nice person beneath the bravado. Besides, his balking at authority would provide tension with whoever they chose to lead (which I imagine would be Cyclops). Other than that, I really want Dazzler. She's just fun. Yeah, Disco isn't popular (although Mamma Mia and its sequel were plenty successful). She could be updated a bit. Bubblegum pop starlet, big showman. It even allows them another revenue if she sings the movie, they could release her song. (I'm not sure if any of Dazzler's lyrics have ever been shown but I think Dazzler: X-Song had at least one). I saw a rumour that Halston Sage has been cast as Dazzler for Dark Phoenix, which would be a shame. Halston would be quite a good choice in the MCU.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    Let’s not debate XCU vs. MCU that’s over. My question what X-Men should be in the first film.
    I thought X-Men: Apocalypse was on the right track in terms of cast, though they didn't use it particularly well. Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Nightcrawler and Jubilee. And do an X-Men: Evolution thing where you start them off as teenagers (yes, even Logan. He'd be the Judd Nelson in Breakfast Club delinquent type).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    I think an X-Men movie without Magneto and Prof. X would be the right idea, I'm saying this as a HUGE fan of both characters. But it's time for something new and fresh.
    Cyclops and Storm as leaders(neither one has been done right IMO)
    Fantomex - cool costume and a smart mouth, if not him then Gambit and if Gambit then Rogue
    Husk - visually interesting power
    Armor - visually interesting power
    Majik
    Colossus
    Gentle -a Wakanda tie in

I'm really curious about what their plans are for the X-Men. People have made a really good point about being tired of Magneto after the Fox movies...I think the smart thing for Disney to do would be to move away from what Fox has been doing and introduce some characters we haven't seen in movies yet.

With Fox's biggest X-movie successes being the Deadpool movies, I think they could focus on making Deadpool sequels/X-Force movies and gradually bring in more X-Men as supporting characters (even characters the general audience isn't going to recognize) and then have some kind of spinoff with these characters and launch a brand new X-Man series that feels fresh...and bring in the main characters we've seen in Fox movies years down the road with new actors playing them.

On another note, I think the best format for the X-Men would be a TV show. It might be wishful thinking on my part, but a TV show would be perfect for the huge cast of characters and they could use that to adapt the best stories from the comics and really take their time will telling the stories like they need to be told. I saw something about Loki and Scarlet Witch shows coming to Disney's streaming platform, but an X-Men show would bring in so many subscribers if they do it right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    The last 30 minutes of X2 was about the total annihilation of humans and mutants without needing to destroy anything by two people who are actually very smart, severely very prejudiced. to the point they didn't have to get their hands dirty as in having massive big battles
    This is a ridiculous argument given the number of similarly dark moments in the three Avengers movies.

I respect your opinion about the two movie universes. You are entitled to it and I won’t try to change your mind. But this argument is preposterous to put it nicely.

Mighty Member

If Marvel would actually acknowledge Agents of SHIELD, I would write that mutants have been around for a while, but most of them are scared out of their minds and hide in the shadows. The Sokovia Accords forced people with superpowers to register which Agents of SHIELD interpreted as an Inhuman Registration Act. The mutants, fearing for the safety of their kids needing to register, stay in the shadows.

Basically, it's an inverse of the first X-Men movie. Instead of a fight to stop the passing of a registration act, it's a world under the registration act. Just don't copy the same beats.

Astonishing Member

Some posters will bash XCU movies relentlessly.

Some posters will bash MCU movies relentlessly.

Everyone has their own opinion. I'm just glad to see a different version of the X-Men where it's going to be bright colors and a different group of X-Men spotlighted onscreen with a budget to highlight the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Some posters will bash XCU movies relentlessly.

Some posters will bash MCU movies relentlessly.

Everyone has their own opinion. I'm just glad to see a different version of the X-Men where it's going to be bright colors and a different group of X-Men spotlighted onscreen with a budget to highlight the action.
    X-Men should never go bright colours. It doesn't suit the series at all. . X-Men is now following a pattern to Batman Movies. Batman was introduced in films with the Gothic Tim Burton's movies, they moved to bright colours with Batman and Forever/Batman and Robin and it was literally the death of Batman in films, they went back to less bright colours with a reboot in 2005 Batman Begins. Once X-Men clones GOTG and Avengers, imagine all the negative comparisons it will get to Logan and X2. It is also not something that will please or appeal to the more adult fan side of the series either.

This is a ridiculous argument given the number of similarly dark moments in the three Avengers movies.

I respect your opinion about the two movie universes. You are entitled to it and I won’t try to change your mind. But this argument is preposterous to put it nicely.
    There are no similarities. X2 had no massive big battles. Avengers movies have never portrayed kids as evil. Magneto and Stryker are not similar to Loki, Ultron, Thanos. There are no similar dark moments in both movies. Disney has a restriction on dark moments in MCU movies It is my opinion but I am making them from what I actually saw and have read in many interviews. It was the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice controversy that made marvel to come out and say, They prefer their movies to be on the much lighter side of things.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-23-2018 at 01:38 AM.