Page 8 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Blackneto would be very cool.
    Of course that would necessitate having a Blaxavier as well.

Let's get a South Asian Bollywood-loving Nightcrawler while were at it.

BANNED

No Magneto's 'bout as likely as no Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Magneto’s a crutch. And my idea features Frenzy leading the Acolytes, so it’s not like he’s nonexistent.

There’s more to X-Men than claws and pathos.

BANNED

Magneto’s a crutch. And my idea features Frenzy leading the Acolytes, so it’s not like he’s nonexistent.

There’s more to X-Men than claws and pathos.
    Wasn't eXpressing an opinion, just being realistic, and more business minded. But yes, there is.

I guess that’s a pretty interesting topic.

From a business perspective, how would you rate essential X-Men assets?

I’m not so stupid as to ignore the importance of Wolverine, but I liked his cameos in First Contact and Apocalypse. It was just enough.

You sure about that? 'Cause this sounds better:

... and could make perfect sense. Given what we were shown through CW, retroactively designating the twins as Mutants, shouldn't be a problem. In fact, it would fit nicely & work quite well, almost like it was meant to be. Unless somethin' more was added in IW, that elaborated on the origin of their abilities, I'd say the door was left open on purpose. Call it hedging your bets, and think... 'latent'. Then look to their former/soon to be again in the near future half-sister Polaris' first appearance, and her debut storyline, in the original run of the comics.
    Yup, I'm sure. In the MCU, Wanda's powers have been established to come from the Mind gem, the same source of Vision' s powers. That has absolutely nothing to do with genetic mutation. Comic Wanda has also been retconned and distanced from mutants and Magneto. I don't think Marvel is interested in backtracking now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    Yup, I'm sure. In the MCU, Wanda's powers have been established to come from the Mind gem, the same source of Vision' s powers. That has absolutely nothing to do with genetic mutation. Comic Wanda has also been retconned and distanced from mutants and Magneto. I don't think Marvel is interested in backtracking now.
    They were the only ones to survive Strucker's eXperiments... why? They were referred to as 'enhanced', which was more about what they could do, not what they are. It was said the stone in Loki's scepter "unlocked" their powers, suggesting they were not only latent, but inherent. Vision's a synthetic being, Wanda is not. There's wiggle room there, at the very least.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 06-23-2018 at 09:06 PM.

BANNED

Oh, and it wouldn't be backtracking, as much as it would be fillin' in.

BANNED

I guess that’s a pretty interesting topic.

From a business perspective, how would you rate essential X-Men assets?

I’m not so stupid as to ignore the importance of Wolverine, but I liked his cameos in First Contact and Apocalypse. It was just enough.
    1st Class, and just taking the comics, cartoons, previous movies, tv shows, games, & merchandise into consideration, I think you already have the answer(s) to your question. If ya wanna know what's ahead, just look behind you. Don't think DizMar's plannin' on reinventing the wheel, TBH, sorry. I don't think what Fox did too much or not enough of, in the eyes of some, is gonna influence their creative decisions all that much... if at all. There's just not a big enough consensus there, on that, I don't think.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 06-23-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Although I'd bust a blood vessel laughing if they took the Ant-Man approached and used Laura as Wolverine instead (I don't expect in the slightest for it to happen, but I would find it hilarious).
    Seriously, that would be a decent set-up for an MCU X-23 reboot if and when the time comes.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Definitely in the camp of a full-on reboot/recast/restart/reset. The only crumb of Fox's universe I'll let pass is Deadpool, and not even his cast (sorry Dopinder), just him.

You can tell they had the same sanitation mindset with Spider-Man. They did their darndest to not have a lick of homecoming remind us (or at least me) of anything from Sony.

Hopefully, if /when we get the rights they can embrace vibrant colorful suits, because even while Marvel has superior designs they themselves still shy away from vibrancy. Specifically with the teams.

I believe both Logan and Magneto had cameos in early script versions of First Avenger before Disney and when a deal with Fox was being considered I guess. So Feige would probably place both in WWII Magneto obviously a holocaust survivor and Logan maybe in the Asian theater if they were brought into the MCU.

BANNED

I think both are very likely and that Feige is going to try very hard to not just go over ground that the Fox films have covered many times over.

1st Class, and just taking the comics, cartoons, previous movies, tv shows, games, & merchandise into consideration, I think you already have the answer(s) to your question. If ya wanna know what's ahead, just look behind you. Don't think DizMar's plannin' on reinventing the wheel, TBH, sorry. I don't think what Fox did too much or not enough of, in the eyes of some, is gonna influence their creative decisions all that much... if at all. There's just not a big enough consensus there, on that, I don't think.
    Of the First Class, I think the only ones worth keeping are Beast, Cyclops and Phoenix. The first is Xavier's most successful student, the last is Xavier's biggest failure, and Cyclops is lost somewhere in the middle, despite being the best example of a X-superhero. And Phoenix is at most --and at best --a cautionary tale. That's why I'd world build with that lesson already learned... and not waste anyone's time with another uncomfortable redhead.