Page 273 of 325 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 4870
    Ultimate Member

One tweak they could make is that mutants only appear from people who were (or were not) 'snapped' out of existence by Thanos, making them a subset of an already odd class of people who've returned to a world that's had five years go by without them (and many, if not most, having lost just about everything during fives years presumed dead, come back to find their homes occupied by strangers, their kids grown up, elderly relatives dead, their spouses remarried, their jobs taken over years ago, etc., etc.).

Having the mutants only appear from those 'snapped' (or only those who got left behind), could make for a funky sort of 'us vs. them' distinction, and lead to notions that they 'came back wrong' (or that those left behind were tainted somehow?).

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/01...atic-universe/

Disney might have just revealed New Mutants will be welded into the MCU.

Mighty Member

Here's the actual text: https://d23.com/?sperpage

There’s a seriously electrifying new addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and it comes in the form of the latest from Twentieth Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment…

The New Mutants is an original horror thriller set in an isolated hospital, where a group of young mutants is being held for psychiatric monitoring. When strange occurrences begin to take place, both their new mutant abilities and their friendships will be tested as they battle to try and make it out alive. Take a look at the recently released trailer, above.

Directed by Josh Boone and written by Boone & Knate Lee, The New Mutants stars Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones), Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Heaton (Stranger Things), Alice Braga, Blu Hunt, and Henry Zaga. Look for it at a cineplex near you beginning April 3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/01...atic-universe/

Disney might have just revealed New Mutants will be welded into the MCU.
    Interesting. I could certainly see Magik fitting into Doctor Strange 2.

Mighty Member

I personally think that was an honest mistake or a marketing ploy to get people to talk about the movie.

That or Disney wants to see how well this movie does. If it bombs, then they can brush this under the rug and do X-Men from scratch. If it doesn't, then they can possibly give sequels to it and weld it into the MCU.

I have a hard time believing it was a typo, because it just comes off to me that they know what they said based on how intricately written it is.

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...72640528351232

They have silently removed that part. Cue speculation of whether it was a typo, or a premature reveal. I hope we get official word one way or another.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...72640528351232

They have silently removed that part. Cue speculation of whether it was a typo, or a premature reveal. I hope we get official word one way or another.
    It was a typo from the writers. They added that bit without checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It was a typo from the writers. They added that bit without checking.
    That would seem likely, but I can't help but be suspicious. I hope they officially comment on it. I've read rumors about the TNM could be part of the MCU if successful. I highly doubted it, because of them wanting to start fresh, but who knows.

IMHO, there is absolutely no way that Disney would let the introduction of mutants- likely their most lucrative movies in upcoming phases- be introduced in a film that they didn’t have 100% creation of.

If they released it as a stand-alone film after mutants had already been introduced, I could see that. But the debut appearance? I am beyond skeptical. It would be very unlike them.

I’m other words I really believe it was a mistake and it’s not set in the mcu

Wouldn’t this be the second communication mistake for
    New mutants since Disney bought fox? The first one being Disney saying TNM would be released “as is” right after purchasing fox, only to backtrack? It’s par for the course with this movie. Lots of miscommunication.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

That would seem likely, but I can't help but be suspicious. I hope they officially comment on it. I've read rumors about the TNM could be part of the MCU if successful. I highly doubted it, because of them wanting to start fresh, but who knows.
    As of right now the only confirmed character from the Fox universe making the leap to the MCU is Deadpool. Because it wasn't from the main Disney Twitter, it the Marvel one, it's likely an excited writer who made a mistake. So far there are no marvel or MCU logos or banners in the trailer.

With the multiverse being a thing, they could maybe say New Mutants exists within the MCU multiverse. It won't affect the main MCU timeline and it's introduction of mutants, but they can use the characters/actors from it, if it turns out to be succesful I guess.

I also think this is the best thing to do with the Marvel TV shows(AOS, Defenders, etc). They can reboot but keep the same actors by saying the previous shows were from an AU.

There is news out there that Feige is developing a mysterious new superhero series for ABC television. I hope it is not an x-men show or anything xmen related as I don't see any good in it.

1. ABC has crap shows, all the ABC shows has been bad since the mid 2000s
    2. Feige does not have one quarter of the talent that Noah Hawley has.

There should be no more X-Men on TV, if we are not getting something in the range of Watchmen or Legion or the potential HBO Green Lantern Corps.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    There is news out there that Feige is developing a mysterious new superhero series for ABC television. I hope it is not an x-men show or anything xmen related as I don't see any good in it.

1. ABC has crap shows, all the ABC shows has been bad since the mid 2000s
    2. Feige does not have one quarter of the talent that Noah Hawley has.

There should be no more X-Men on TV, if we are not getting something in the range of Watchmen or Legion or the potential HBO Green Lantern Corps.
    Well this is certainly a take when AoS exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Interesting. I could certainly see Magik fitting into Doctor Strange 2.
    I would give my left nut to see that! So, obviously, it won’t happen. It is too good to be true.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.