Page 171 of 325 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 4870
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

It does suck X-MEN can't get in on this Disney+ wave. Everybody is getting a show it seems.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Captain Marvel 2 end-credits scene: Rogue attacks out of nowhere, copying (some of) CM's powers (but not taking them away from Carol) No time or need to explain mutancy, just a cliff-hanger to get people talking.
    Scene: Carol just saved some people in a "freak accident"... as she is greeting and hugging grateful survivors... a woman in a green hoodie approaches from behind.

"Thank you, ah thought ah was goin' die...

Carol puts her hand on the young woman's shouler.

Carol: No, not today.

The young woman hugs Carol in a deep embrace. Suddenly Carol starts to convulse as the woman continues to hold onto her

Carol: What?! Argh!

Carol falls to her knees as the woman continues to hold onto her, now revealing her hand griped around the back of Carol's neck. Energy begins leaving Carol's body siphoning into the mysterious woman. Carol grabs the woman by the neck, charging her other fist with energy, which flickers out.

Carol: What are you doing to me?!

Her grip on the woman loosens, and she passes out.

The crowd of people stand in shock, some women scream while others run away.

Hooded Woman: Thanks sugah... I needed that.

The hooded woman flies away.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    Scene: Carol just saved some people in a "freak accident"... as she is greeting and hugging grateful survivors... a woman in a green hoodie approaches from behind.

The young woman hugs Carol in a deep embrace. Suddenly Carol starts to convulse as the woman continues to hold onto her

Carol falls to her knees as the woman continues to hold onto her, now revealing her hand griped around the back of Carol's neck. Energy begins leaving Carol's body siphoning into the mysterious woman. Carol grabs the woman by the neck, charging her other fist with energy, which flickers out.

Film that scene! I would live to see a fully empowered Rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    It does suck X-MEN can't get in on this Disney+ wave. Everybody is getting a show it seems.
    If only Fox give up the x-men rights three years ago.

I'm not surprised to hear about the Now-In-Hibernation-Men news. I'm disappointed to actually see it in black and white text from him, but not surprised.

- I don't see how they could fold them into the current MCU. Speculation on a Thanos universe-altering event has now been 'snapped' from fans hopes.
    - The X-Men could hold a universe of their own, they are big. Very big.
    - Casting and writing is going to be challenging thanks to Fox doing mediocre films (very loosely) based on huge, popular X-Men events.

Just please stop censoring the X-Merch out there now that you have the rights Disney? Start loosening those chains around the property! I need a proper Marvel vs Capcom 4 in the meantime.

oh no. Simply no

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The X-Men have plenty of stories for Fiege & Co to pick from. The only ones that’s are really off the table are the DPS & DOFP. The rest is so loosely based on the comics Marvel studios could rather easily differentiate its version from what Fox did with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The X-Men have plenty of stories for Fiege & Co to pick from. The only ones that’s are really off the table are the DPS & DOFP. The rest is so loosely based on the comics Marvel studios could rather easily differentiate its version from what Fox did with it.

Yep put those to rest for a while.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Kevin Feige knows that introducing mutants now would just feel like the prequel trilogy all over again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Kevin Feige knows that introducing mutants now would just feel like the prequel trilogy all over again.
    Yup, the pause is to make the brand fresh again.

And even if it's five years away, Marvel has owned the idea of teasing movies years in advance as part of their slate. Then they trickle out news to keep your appetite wet. Before you know it....it starts shooting, you get images and more teases, and the movie is on you in no time. I think 5 years is about right, now we enjoy the setup and wait for the breadcrumbs.

BANNED

Imo, XMen will never join the MCU. I think Disney and/or Feige don’t want them to join. If they did want them to join, they would have did it immediately.

I think the basic structure of the MCU will be undergoing a radical change after Endgame, and they already have their next phase planned out and in pre-production. It's better that they wait a minute and think this through before adding a huge X-factor to the delicate balance(not to mention give the audience some time to forget about Fox's version). Adding a single character like Spider-Man is very different than adding a whole franchise comprised of dozens of main characters and a tapestry of world-changing concepts like mutants.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

how about No?!?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Imo, XMen will never join the MCU. I think Disney and/or Feige don’t want them to join. If they did want them to join, they would have did it immediately.
    Things take time. There’s a lot of money to be made with the X-men. I don’t see why they wouldn’t want them to join.

I think it would be really smart to introduce different X-Men individually. The non-original members should each show up in a different Marvel property. Then “X-Men” brings them in with the 05 who’ve been in hiding up in Westchester.

Storm in Black Panther. Wolvie in Hulk/Captain america/Black widow, Gambit in Antman, Colossus and Magik in Doctor Strange, Rogue in Capt Marvel.