Page 99 of 325 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 4870
    BANNED

Which is why it wouldn't really bother me too much, if they eschewed the films in favor of the Disney Play format, for the X-Men. I'd rather a GoT treatment there TBH, than a repeat of the MCU buddy cop formula, for Mutants in the movies. Doesn't even have to be live action, could be a sophisticated, high-end animated event series. Would take both tho, so in addition, as opposed to instead. Winter Soldier & Civil War are probably still my tops after all, from what I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Which is why it wouldn't really bother me too much, if they eschewed the films in favor of the Disney Play format, for the X-Men. I'd rather a GoT treatment there TBH, than a repeat of the MCU buddy cop formula, for Mutants in the movies. Doesn't even have to be live action, could be a sophisticated, high-end animated event series. Would take both tho, so in addition, as opposed to instead. Winter Soldier & Civil War are probably still my tops after all, from what I've seen so far.
    I want both. I do think X-Men would work best in long-form serial tv with a high budget, but I also think you could pull off great X-Men films too(as long as knowledgeable, passionate filmmakers were behind them; I'd love to see the Russos do X-Men films, for example).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Tone shifts is in part what makes the MCU great not only Netflix vs Films but the films themselves with Winter Soldier, Civil War, and Infinity War and their tone vs Thor Ragnarok or GOTG films (Which still had incredible heart and dark material for all the laughs). Much like our world the MCU is a vary of emotions and tones when you pigeon hold your properties which have the various options like the X-Men have to one tone you're killing creativity.
    Well said. GOTG started with a heartbreaking scene, had humor, and all sorts of tone shifts in it. If you think a movie has to be all dark or all humor or all anything you are advocating for a terrible movie.

It's how the tones mesh and work that makes a great movie. Not Ben Affleck forcing jokes in a tire-fire of a movie. It's Star Lord calling people Ninja Turtles in an action scene. One worked, the other was cringe-worthy. Marvel almost always nails that blend.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Well said. GOTG started with a heartbreaking scene, had humor, and all sorts of tone shifts in it. If you think a movie has to be all dark or all humor or all anything you are advocating for a terrible movie.

It's how the tones mesh and work that makes a great movie. Not Ben Affleck forcing jokes in a tire-fire of a movie. It's Star Lord calling people Ninja Turtles in an action scene. One worked, the other was cringe-worthy. Marvel almost always nails that blend.
    MCU movies are humor movies with some serious moments. X-Men movies are serious movies with some humor moments. Should any X-Men movie turn out like GOTG , it will be considered the Batman and Robin of X-Men movies. I knew this was coming, The restructuring of the xmen universe to make it mesh with the MCU Disney format model, when all it does is cheapen MCU X-Men.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-25-2018 at 11:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    MCU movies are humor movies with some serious moments. X-Men movies are serious movies with some humor moments. Should any X-Men movie turn out like GOTG , it will be considered the Batman and Robin of X-Men movies. I knew this was coming, The restructuring of the xmen universe to make it mesh with the MCU Disney format model, when all it does is cheapen MCU X-Men.
    Inifinty wars is quite the contrary

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Stop acting like MCU is only Ragnarok and GOTG. The Captain America and Avengers franchises are serious movies with some humor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Stop acting like MCU is only Ragnarok and GOTG. The Captain America and Avengers franchises are serious movies with some humor.
    And Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 can go toe to toe with darkest of the X-Men films in terms of how dark it got. Contrast can be a wonderful tool as opposed to all serious, all the time, which just gets boring after a few movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No the X-men is batshit crazy,The serious ground tone with Fox was fine BUT

1.Alien race bird race(Shiar), Alien body snatcher(Brood) , Space Pirates(starjammers), Universal cosmic entity(Phoenix)

2. Demons in Limbo, Demon Bear, The Adversary

3. Living Island Krakoa, Mojo world, Dracula

4. Time travel son who is older than you from clone of your dead wife , Characters coming back to life multiple times

I know they aren't going to that crazy but when I think all of the things we didn't see in 18 years with fox. Wolverine in his yellow and blue suit, Cyclops condom head costume,etc The Disney tone or not serious tone would provide a better platform for X-stories. Deadpool had more comic accurate suits than "the serious" X-men movies. Netflix shows is definitely not the tone you need they are afraid to have guy in yellow and green jumpsuit with with yellow mask running around fighting crime.
    War of the Worlds is the perfect tone to explore the batshit craziness of X-Men. What about Legion. A good tv show, a mojo look alike villain and still no remembrance to Disney movies.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Inifinty wars is quite the contrary
    A 96% CGI movie masquerading as a soapy X-Men movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    A lot of comics have become laugh tracks of as late. I find some of the female writers tend to make the comics in this manner on a regular basis.
    Marvel's derailment in comics and cartoons. Everything thing now is a laughing track including comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 can go toe to toe with darkest of the X-Men films in terms of how dark it got. Contrast can be a wonderful tool as opposed to all serious, all the time, which just gets boring after a few movies.
    Guardians Of The Galaxy can`t go toe to toe with darkest of the X-Men films even close. Not true.

Agree. Infinty War is my favourite comic book movie and it has everything in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Guardians Of The Galaxy can`t go toe to toe with darkest of the X-Men films even close. Not true.
    I do not know where to begin when a person types Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 can go toe to toe with darkest of the X-Men films.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Err, now you're pushing. GOTG2 has waaaay too much comedy imo. The first one was ok for me, but 2 went overboard. I'm sure that with X-Men Marvel would go for more of an Avengers-like tone. Maybe Homecoming if they decided to do something O5/Evolution-esque.

Err, now you're pushing. GOTG2 has waaaay too much comedy imo. The first one was ok for me, but 2 went overboard. I'm sure that with X-Men Marvel would go for more of an Avengers-like tone. Maybe Homecoming if they decided to do something O5/Evolution-esque.
    Avengers and Homecoming tone easily, and I mean very easily makes First Class, Days Of Future Past and Logan look like flawless masterpieces when they are not. The tone of X-Men is one of the major draws. It is what elevates them to more than just fun comic movies to something more deep-thinking. X-Men 1 setting the tone opening in Auschwitz camps to Wolverine's end in Logan is X-Men at it's most glorious in tone. (Batman who?)Bringing that down to freaking Homecoming and Avengers. Disney is helping the Fox movies look perfect compared to their own IMO. Isn't Homecoming pushing it? Homecoming and Ant-Man movies are the most Disney flavoured of all the MCU movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Avengers and Homecoming tone easily, and I mean very easily makes First Class, Days Of Future Past and Logan look like flawless masterpieces when they are not. The tone of X-Men is one of the major draws. It is what elevates them to more than just fun comic movies to something more deep-thinking. X-Men 1 setting the tone opening in Auschwitz camps to Wolverine's end in Logan is X-Men at it's most glorious in tone. Bringing that down to freaking Homecoming and Avengers. Disney is helping the Fox movies look perfect compared to their own IMO. Isn't Homecoming pushing it? Homecoming and Ant-Man movies are the most Disney flavoured of all the MCU movies.
    I only said Homecoming in case they choose to go with a young lineup, since it's the only teen movie on Marvel. "Avengers tone makes First Class and DOFP look like flawless masterpieces" is just nonsense fanboyism. I'm not even trying to say Avengers movies are technically better than those, but it's super delusional to think they're as far away from each other as you say.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I want both. I do think X-Men would work best in long-form serial tv with a high budget, but I also think you could pull off great X-Men films too(as long as knowledgeable, passionate filmmakers were behind them; I'd love to see the Russos do X-Men films, for example).
    I think we're on the same page and essentially saying the same things for the most part, Yoga. And yes, the Russo bros would be the logical, preferred choice from the MCU's current creative crop, for bringing the X-Men to the big screen & giving them renewed life.