Page 19 of 325 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    DOJ apparently not only approves the Disney-Fox deal but apparently loves it.

Delrahim called the Disney-Fox deal “a victory for American consumers.” Unlike the case of AT&T and Time Warner, it “should be heralded as an example of merger parties working effectively with division investigators to resolve antitrust concerns,” the official wrote.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/doj-ant...rs-1202426137/
    Translation: "Stockholders will make a windfall, and that money will come our way via lobbyists and political donors."

BANNED

DOJ apparently not only approves the Disney-Fox deal but apparently loves it.

Delrahim called the Disney-Fox deal “a victory for American consumers.” Unlike the case of AT&T and Time Warner, it “should be heralded as an example of merger parties working effectively with division investigators to resolve antitrust concerns,” the official wrote.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/doj-ant...rs-1202426137/
    Trump is pals with Fox, and since fox news won't be altered . . .

I'm not sure what Trump has to do with any of this? If anything the man probably doesn't like Disney all that much. Can we kindly keep politics out of this thread?

I'm not sure what Trump has to do with any of this? If anything the man probably doesn't like Disney all that much. Can we kindly keep politics out of this thread?
    It comes into play because one of the main hurdles for the AT&T/Time-Warner merger is a certain person's disdain for CNN. Normally I'd agree with you, but politics is inherently part of what you quoted.

from article Unlike the case of AT&T and Time Warner, it “should be heralded as an example of merger parties working effectively with division investigators to resolve antitrust concerns

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

You can't say don't bring politics into it when this situation is political. The reason why this deal is loved is because this helps Fox News that has been losing money and sponsors. This deal helps them tremendously in keeping them funded. The AT&T/Time Warner deal doesn't benefit them and thus all the delays and lack of interest from the DOJ.

BANNED

Bloomberg.com, Disney's $71 Billion Fox Bid Backed by Influential Proxy Firms
    Walt Disney Co.’s $71 billion deal with 21st Century Fox Inc. won the endorsement of influential proxy advisers Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. and Glass Lewis & Co., giving the entertainment giant another edge over rival suitor Comcast Corp.

Both firms recommended that Fox shareholders vote in favor of the transaction during a July 27 investor meeting, with Glass Lewis arguing that Disney offered “a unique, prospectively far-reaching opportunity” to capitalize on the acquisition. ...

... In backing Disney’s bid, Glass Lewis said the company may be better positioned to compete in a crowded industry upended by new digital players like Netflix Inc. ...

... “The company’s apparent preference towards a deal with Disney clearly failed to extract maximum value for shareholders,” the firm said. But Disney’s sweetened offer is now worth supporting, ISS said. ...

... The Justice Department decided to appeal AT&T Inc.’s takeover of Time Warner Inc., a move that could signal it would look more critically on Comcast’s efforts to acquire the Fox assets. Craig Moffett, an analyst at MoffettNathanson, described it as the “final nail in the coffin” for Comcast’s Fox chase. “This is a clear gift to Disney,” he said. ...
    Looks like the deck's gettin' further stacked, in favor of DizMar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Not just comcast, another folks with more money than both disney and comcast. the next counterbid could surpass 100bn.
    Do you have a credible source for this, you can post a link to?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Trump is pals with Fox, and since fox news won't be altered . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It comes into play because one of the main hurdles for the AT&T/Time-Warner merger is a certain person's disdain for CNN. Normally I'd agree with you, but politics is inherently part of what you quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    You can't say don't bring politics into it when this situation is political. The reason why this deal is loved is because this helps Fox News that has been losing money and sponsors. This deal helps them tremendously in keeping them funded. The AT&T/Time Warner deal doesn't benefit them and thus all the delays and lack of interest from the DOJ.
    While I do agree politics, or rather anti trust laws and monopoly laws, do play a part in this, speculating on what Trump does or doesn't like has no bearing in this thread unless you can link a statement made. Other than that it is just conjecture that is only going to derail the thread. I already asked posters to stop making these types of comments because we all know how that ends. Unless you have a thought our critique or a link to an article please refrain from posting stuff like "Trump likes this because it helps Fox news."
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    While I do agree politics, or rather anti trust laws and monopoly laws, do play a part in this, speculating on what Trump does or doesn't like has no bearing in this thread unless you can link a statement made. Other than that it is just conjecture that is only going to derail the thread. I already asked posters to stop making these types of comments because we all know how that ends. Unless you have a thought our critique or a link to an article please refrain from posting stuff like "Trump likes this because it helps Fox news."
    Here's a Google search for the opposite - his opposition to a merger of similar size which seems driven by his dislike of one facet of company.

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.vjE-WQ93Fu0

It's relevant since your initial post has the feds complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Here's a Google search for the opposite - his opposition to a merger of similar size which seems driven by his dislike of one facet of company.

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.vjE-WQ93Fu0

It's relevant since your initial post has the feds complaining about it.
    The opposite of what? That's a link to a google search, not even an article.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about how an MCU X-Man might look and I think the below images have come pretty close to something akin to the current Avengers outfits. In my opinion these of Wolverine look pretty awesome and I could see him on the big screen in something similar:

From Marvel Strike Force:

Random concept art

I simply can't wait to see what Rogue looks like. I'm going to melt I'm sure.

BANNED

I've been doing a lot of thinking about how an MCU X-Man might look and I think the below images have come pretty close to something akin to the current Avengers outfits. In my opinion these of Wolverine look pretty awesome and I could see him on the big screen in something similar:

Random concept art

All these costumes is making me think. so they put on costumes. Has there even been one story where costumes was the major plot point of the story and saved the day. how much did costumes contribute to great classics of DOFP, Second Coming and The Apocalypse Solution, Can these also be Disney movies? Rogue wearing colourful costumes never made any contribution to her been Rogue.

I much prefer if disney continues the excellent story telling of Logan. that is what makes X-men a Maverick and sets it apart from their marvel brothers. not colourful costumes. colourful costumes in films are just product placements. I want something of real substance like the Logan film was in 2017 that changed the way the world looked at comic films forever.

Apple and Netflix must enter the bid. they will surely favour more films like Logan that x-men needs over colourful costumes that contributes next to nothing to the films in the same way colourful costumes contributes next to nothing in x-men comics.

Disney can hire an actor to play Wolverine and he can wear that yellow costume but if he does not have the wonderful portrayal and depth Hugh Jackman brought to the character, he will be a bad Wolverine. As seen with Disney's Star Wars, just because you dress up as a Jedi does not make you a true or good jedi.

BANNED

Random concept art
    Looks like Deodato with the gorilla arms and oversized claws.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    ... Apple and Netflix must enter the bid. ...
    Says who? And what are they waitin' for? I call BS, and say this is nothin' more than wishful thinkin', on your part. I've asked you for proof, but you have yet to provide any.

Random concept art

I'd expect the MCU versions to likely be black and tan rather than yellow. Yellow is a terrible color for anyone trying to be stealthy.