Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
I think they might keep most of the cast of Deadpool. They have a great Colossus, Yukio, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Domino, and Cable. It's a good starting point, and Deadpool was more or less completely isolated from the rest of the X-Movies. Even the time period, it's indistinct which year Deadpool takes place in but it's pretty obvious it's in the 2000's so it's easy to slip into the MCU. It's not even that hard to pretend that Deadpool was an MCU movie the whole time even though there was no character crossover.

I honestly think they will keep Deadpool.

They are going to completely reboot the X-Men, New Mutants, and Gambit. They won't keep any of that in the MCU. They might try and get Michael Fassbender to do Magneto because he is really great at it and they can just include him as a new Magneto in the reboot. Since they own the footage of the other X-Movies now, they can even re-use some of the WWII footage of Magneto and the concentration camp. I might be wrong though, Marvel may want as clean a break as possible from Dark Phoenix so they may not keep any of the actors no matter how good they might be.
I dont think Deadpool will be in the MCU. His movie and tone is a complete departure from and not one that I think Marvel Studios will want to incorporate itno their universe. Deadpool 3 may be made, but it may likely be considered an alternate universe that doesnt tie into the MCU. That seems likely especially since the concept of the multiverse exists now and he can coexist without it needing to fit in or make sense with the MCU's plans