Page 206 of 325 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I don't see it as a problem.

Superman, Batman and the X-men are failing because of bad movies.
    The most truthful thing I have read today.

Why did Dark Phoenix fail and DOFP did not

Why did Batman and Superman fail and TDK did not

Why did Man of Steel fail and Superman 2 did not.

If you get a person who knows nothing about this series for a writer and director, you fail.

Many DC fans knew things will get bad when Nolan left and Snyder came in. I felt that way too after Vaughn and Mangold left and Kinberg took over X-Men.

Look at Spiderman.
    Sony's reboot with Andrew Garfield had a bad response.
    But MCU's reboot is breaking records and Spiderverse was a hit last year.
    Reboot Spiderman is still a mix bag, MCU reboot is enjoying the Disney backing but MCU Spiderman has a lot of problems like Garfield's. Spiderverse was the spiderman film we have been waiting for since Spiderman 3 and it has nothing to do with the MCU.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-17-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The most truthful thing I have read today.

Why did Dark Phoenix fail and DOFP did not

Why did Batman and Superman fail and TDK did not

Why did Man of Steel fail and Superman 2 did not.

If you get a person who knows nothing about this series for a writer and director, you fail.

Many DC fans knew things will get bad when Nolan left and Snyder came in. I felt that way too after Vaughn and Mangold left and Kinberg took over X-Men.

Reboot Spiderman is still a mix bag, MCU reboot is enjoying the Disney backing but MCU Spiderman has a lot of problems like Garfield's. Spiderverse was the spiderman film we have been waiting for since Spiderman 3 and it has nothing to do with the MCU.
    Not always true Nicholas Meyers knew nothing about Star Trek and wrote and directed what many consider Trek's best film Wrath of Khan.

No matter if the person is a fan of a property or outsider when crafting a film for an established character or characters the key is creating a story to fit the character and not fit the character into the story.

Nolan created a story where he wanted to create a more realistic world for Batman to be in while Snyder by his own admissions was trying to fit Superman into the world he was creating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    No matter if the person is a fan of a property or outsider when crafting a film for an established character or characters the key is creating a story to fit the character and not fit the character into the story.
    We can't even get the COMICS writers to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    We can't even get the COMICS writers to do this.
    That is a sad but very valid point.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

The X-men aren't new anymore people already know them, badly but they know them, the connected universe thing was already done and didn't even work for other characters (like in DC's case)

General audience doesn't know the X-MEN. Most them had very few lines of dialogue in 20 years.

Epic teaser trailer with bold highlighted Marvel Studio's Present The X-MEN.

Get a new PS5 game, a new cartoon, and hopefully Hickman's comics do well. X-MEN will retake their spot.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 07-18-2019 at 08:56 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

People know Wolverine and Professor X (to a much lesser extent). Outside the O5, all the other X-men are pretty poorly served.

There's plenty of room for mutants to appear as supporting characters in other Marvel franchises before the X-men proper get launched. Have them show up as 'bad' guys first, like Rogue attacking Ms Marvel with Destiny and a non-Singer'ed Mystique / Namor attacking Wakanda / Emma Frost and the Hellfire Club popping up and messing people around. Why would the MCU hate and fear mutants? Maybe if we meet the worst ones first that idea would have a stronger hold.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 07-18-2019 at 10:27 AM.

https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1152755889440530437

Interesting so they are planning for mutants in the future. Wonder if we'll see them by 2023-2024ish

Good because Phase 4 looks terrible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Good because Phase 4 looks terrible.
    I can't wait to start watching the brittle snowflakes spaz out over Jane Fos-Thor. The tantrums will be GLORIOUS.

Marvel has 7 movies in 2020/21
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-20-2019 at 08:02 PM.

I can't wait to start watching the brittle snowflakes spaz out over Jane Fos-Thor. The tantrums will be GLORIOUS.
    Well I guess this means Captain Marvel’s days of being the most hated woman in the MCU are coming to an end. Lmao. But Phase 4 looks interesting to say the least, especially Shang-Chi and Doctor Strange 2. Hell, the fact that Blade is coming just made my night.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I’m not spazzing out. Just indifferent. Hemsworth is charismatic. Portman is not. At least IMO. So I’ll take a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1152755889440530437

Interesting so they are planning for mutants in the future. Wonder if we'll see them by 2023-2024ish
    I think it's interesting that Feige specified "Mutants" instead of X-Men.

I wonder if that means we'll see them start sprinkling Mutants into the movies and build up to the formation of the X-Men?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well I guess this means Captain Marvel’s days of being the most hated woman in the MCU are coming to an end. Lmao. But Phase 4 looks interesting to say the least, especially Shang-Chi and Doctor Strange 2. Hell, the fact that Blade is coming just made my night.
    One could argue Carol makes JaneThor redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m not spazzing out. Just indifferent. Hemsworth is charismatic. Portman is not. At least IMO. So I’ll take a pass.
    To be fair her character wasn't given much. She might be more willing to put in acting with a leading role.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    To be fair her character wasn't given much. She might be more willing to put in acting with a leading role.
    Maybe. She was quite bland in Star Wars too.