Page 182 of 325 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 4870

Millar's Ultimates was a revelation, and while there were some interesting facets to his X-Men, it pales in comparison. The MCU didn't adapt enough of his Ultimates ideas, I don't think there is that much worth mining from his X-Men(I'd take his Legion/Proteus, that's about it) run. Remember, it was inspired by the Fox-Men films!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate X-men worth cinematically comes from the setup it gives to the X-men. It shows how to start the X-men in the modern era, It gives an explanation for mutants after the fact like how MCU has to do and it keys in a good first group Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Colossus, and Storm and then Iceman, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit, and Psylocke. It is a shame it didn't have a killer beginning arc that could be turned into a movie. I think the setup Ultimate X-men combined with stories of 616 imo opinion is the perfect pairing.

MCU X-Men line-up must be as good visully as Avengers. O5 would probably be the worst visually line-up that is possible to make.

Wolverine is a must be for X-Men movies. Even for first one. I am sure that Iceman will shine in MCU too. Gambit and Rogue will add for team a lot of fun, drama and awesome action too.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    MCU X-Men line-up must be as good visully as Avengers. O5 would probably be the worst visually line-up that is possible to make.

Wolverine is a must be for X-Men movies. Even for first one. I am sure that Iceman will shine in MCU too. Gambit and Rogue will add for team a lot of fun, drama and awesome action too.
    O5 is still the core of the X-men though even if you don't start with them, There should be either effort to make sure they are around each other at some point or let it know that they were the first X-men and maybe flashback to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    O5 is still the core of the X-men though even if you don't start with them, There should be either effort to make sure they are around each other at some point or let it know that they were the first X-men and maybe flashback to them.
    I am sure that they will mention that it was first team. It can be made even just with dialogue and photo of team on the wall. I think MXU`s X-Men will be more as the coolest X-Men combined then a team from 80`s, 90`s or 2000.

Something like these: Wolverine, Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Cyke, Iceman, Psylocke and Nightcrawler.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-14-2019 at 04:09 AM.

This is a bit more of an avant garde controversial perspective, but I want to see the X-Men portrayed less as another bunch of costumed superheroes and more of a group of clandestine secret agents that criss cross the world trying to rescue young mutants from exploitation, and prevent atrocities while removing signs of their presence. Kind of like Morrison's New X-Men concept meets Men in Black.

Give this man an epee.

I think as far as cast selection goes, I've expressed my ideal for a Nu-05+2 in the MCU (Ororo, Kurt, and Shiro in place of Angel, Lorna and Alex), and circumstances that would position the MCUXM squarely in the middle of the "story"(Outback School). I think Storm is essential, Wolverine is assured, and Iceman has a strong case for inclusivity.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 06-14-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Because they don't actually need to bother explaining the nature of how her powers work - Glowing energy armor works really well as a superpower without also giving it a backstory.
    Okay? And jubilee’s plasma bursts aren’t really fireworks. Nothing against Armor, i just like jubilee too

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

I disagree in Wolverine should be there from the start. Fox did that and it just became the Wolverine show. I really think you need to start with the other X-Men and flesh out those characters before you bring in Wolverine. Save him for the 2nd movie or start him in a solo movie first then bring him in so the other members of the team are already on solid footing. I think even Rogue should not start out as a good guy and instead go more her comics roots and start out as a villain.

Ultimate X-men worth cinematically comes from the setup it gives to the X-men. It shows how to start the X-men in the modern era, It gives an explanation for mutants after the fact like how MCU has to do and it keys in a good first group Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Colossus, and Storm and then Iceman, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit, and Psylocke. It is a shame it didn't have a killer beginning arc that could be turned into a movie. I think the setup Ultimate X-men combined with stories of 616 imo opinion is the perfect pairing.
    Millar might have come up with a decent excuse for their latex supersuits(they were anti-Sentinel tracking gear), but the Ultimate X-Men mutant explanation(Weapon X/Super Solider left-overs made from Wolverine) is crap, Magneto lost his amazing Claremont backstory, Storm was crap, and eventually the whole universe totally spiraled out of control(circa Ultimatum, never recovered even in the Ultimate Comics era).

The most interesting parts of his approach (treating Magneto as a hardcore terrorist and the whole transhumanist mutant nation he had created in Antarctica/Savage Land, gay Russian mafia Colossus, Xavier as a mean overlord, fat-nerd Beast) would never be translated to screen(just like the best parts of his Ultimates weren't like triple crossing Black Widow, cannibalistic Hulk, Hank and Jan's fight, Thor as an eco-warrior/nu Age visionary who they thought was just crazy until the Asgardians actually came to the rescue(well, I guess they kinda did adapt that in some regard in Thor 1, but not at the right scale), and the anti-US messaging embodied in the Liberators).

I gotta ask why you don’t think Ultimate X-Men’s first arc would work for a movie. I think it would be perfect for a way to launch the reboot.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I disagree in Wolverine should be there from the start. Fox did that and it just became the Wolverine show. I really think you need to start with the other X-Men and flesh out those characters before you bring in Wolverine. Save him for the 2nd movie or start him in a solo movie first then bring him in so the other members of the team are already on solid footing. I think even Rogue should not start out as a good guy and instead go more her comics roots and start out as a villain.
    If they don't let Rogue/Mystique/Destiny be Captain Marvel villains in a sequel, they are insane! Make her young and being manipulated by her moms(will they even dare to do that?), and let her get a grand reformation arc eventually becoming a hero!

As for Logan, I mean, if I had it my way, I would slowly trickle the core X-Men characters into the MCU one movie at a time(either their own solos ala the original MCU formula, or as featured co-stars in other MCU films ala later MCU formula), so Wolverine gets one, then Storm gets one, and then in Cykes, show the original X-Men being formed, and then do an actual X-Men team movie based on Giant Sized X-Men that brings them all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I gotta ask why you don’t think Ultimate X-Men’s first arc would work for a movie. I think it would be perfect for a way to launch the reboot.
    That is way too many story elements to do as a first movie right out of the gate with no setup. You have to do Magneto and his colony, introduce all the main X-Men, and have some explanation for why the MCU government would commission giant robots to kill teenagers on the street, and where are the Avengers when Magneto attacks Washington? I liked Millar's Ultimate X-Men to a certain extent, but it just wouldn't fit into the existing MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That is way too many story elements to do as a first movie right out of the gate with no setup. You have to do Magneto and his colony, introduce all the main X-Men, and have some explanation for why the MCU government would commission giant robots to kill teenagers on the street, and where are the Avengers when Magneto attacks Washington? I liked Millar's Ultimate X-Men to a certain extent, but it just wouldn't fit into the existing MCU.
    I can understand that. I think they could take some liberties with it and make it fit though. I will admit it would be hard to do justice to the introduction of the X-Men into the MCU in just one movie, but Marvel also made GoTG work so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm very biased when it comes to the Ultimate X-Men, they got me into comics and I would just love to see some elements from them on the big screen.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I can understand that. I think they could take some liberties with it and make it fit though. I will admit it would be hard to do justice to the introduction of the X-Men into the MCU in just one movie, but Marvel also made GoTG work so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm very biased when it comes to the Ultimate X-Men, they got me into comics and I would just love to see some elements from them on the big screen.
    I agree. In fact, sentinels could be setup as a protection force, considering recent events in the MCU, and instead be designed for the mutant threat. Then again it all depends on how mutants are welcomed into the universe. The Ultimate X-men definitely have some elements that could be useful in an adaptation.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I agree. In fact, sentinels could be setup as a protection force, considering recent events in the MCU, and instead be designed for the mutant threat. Then again it all depends on how mutants are welcomed into the universe. The Ultimate X-men definitely have some elements that could be useful in an adaptation.
    If I can just see Wolverine start out as a bad guy and then turn on Magneto to save the day I would just be so happy.