Page 183 of 325 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    If I can just see Wolverine start out as a bad guy and then turn on Magneto to get into Jean's 18 year old pants I would just be so happy.
    Fixed it for you!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Fixed it for you!
    I mean that was just a bonus, come on!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I agree. In fact, sentinels could be setup as a protection force, considering recent events in the MCU, and instead be designed for the mutant threat. Then again it all depends on how mutants are welcomed into the universe. The Ultimate X-men definitely have some elements that could be useful in an adaptation.
    Sentinels can be a left over creation of Tony Stark to protect the world but reprogrammed by someone that wants to destroy mutants.

Millar might have come up with a decent excuse for their latex supersuits(they were anti-Sentinel tracking gear), but the Ultimate X-Men mutant explanation(Weapon X/Super Solider left-overs made from Wolverine) is crap, Magneto lost his amazing Claremont backstory, Storm was crap, and eventually the whole universe totally spiraled out of control(circa Ultimatum, never recovered even in the Ultimate Comics era).
    So, I'm one of the only ones who found that more interesting then the traditional "next stage of evolution" backstory?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So, I'm one of the only ones who found that more interesting then the traditional "next stage of evolution" backstory?
    You're not alone my friend.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mutants aren't just the 'next stage of evolution'. They are the result of the Celestials leaving the x-gene in protohumans aeons ago. I hope they introduce this concept in the Eternals movie, as the Eternals, the Deviants, and the mutants are essentially 3 forms of the same experiment.

Incredible Member

Mutants aren't just the 'next stage of evolution'. They are the result of the Celestials leaving the x-gene in protohumans aeons ago. I hope they introduce this concept in the Eternals movie, as the Eternals, the Deviants, and the mutants are essentially 3 forms of the same experiment.
    Exactly! The X-Men are part Science Fiction, and this aspect of the X-Men shouldn't be ignored, just as the social aspect. My idea is that the X-Men are a balance between SF, Social issues, Superheroics and Soap Opera. And a good X-Men story needs to find the good balance between all these elements. FOX-Men lacked the superheroics part and the SF part was really underwhelming. A good exemple for me is the Whedon run on comics, I think it had a good balance of those elements.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Exactly! The X-Men are part Science Fiction, and this aspect of the X-Men shouldn't be ignored, just as the social aspect. My idea is that the X-Men are a balance between SF, Social issues, Superheroics and Soap Opera. And a good X-Men story needs to find the good balance between all these elements. FOX-Men lacked the superheroics part and the SF part was really underwhelming. A good exemple for me is the Whedon run on comics, I think it had a good balance of those elements.
    But should a writer really address all these aspects? Someone could only be more interested by one or two of them… X-men has a long history and each writer has added one layer and some of them don't work well with the rest.
    Wanting to digest all these aspects could result in an unpalatable cake…
    Even Claremont hasn't worked with all these aspects in the same time, he has done it successively and the time in a movie is short…

Naw, the best X-Men combines all those elements in one. Phoenix/Dark Phoenix sagas era covers sci-fi(space empires, giant robots, robotic X-Men clones, Savage Land dinosaurs and supertech), social issues(racism and classism as manifest through the Hellfire Club, Lang's fanatical government spending on existential "threats" to humanity), superheroics(saving the universe, fighting Magneto in an under volcano lair, coordinated teamwork), and soap opera(Scott and Jean's love, Wolverine's unrequited love for Jean, Piotr's threeway with the Savage Land girls) etc, etc.

The "Next stage of evolution" has always been because people understand evolution as if they were Pokémon or Lamarck.

For every Storm that has won the lottery there are two Cyclops and Rogue and dozens of people with useless mutations.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

To me that just dimineshes all mutants as failed lab rats.

The problemo is that the Ultimate line never got the chance to actually explore what this would mean before the cure shrank the mutant pop to like 30 weirdos in a desert, essentially making mutants just a military cock-up like radiation poisoning or something. The few issues we did get exploring it do prove it was really cool and foundation-jiggling, but it's very alternative and I wouldn't want it for the movies which define the franchise for the mainstream.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

To me more than it is due to the Celestials I like the version "**** happens".

Why explain it. Weird **** happens.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Personally, I wasn't all that fond of Ultimate and I would not care for having the X-Men introduced in the MCU through an AU form of the 616.

I also hope that Wolverine isn't thrown into the mix immediately since I don't want to see another "Wolverine and the X-Men" like the Fox-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Sentinels can be a left over creation of Tony Stark to protect the world but reprogrammed by someone that wants to destroy mutants.
    They could also be leftovers from Ultron. Robots who turn on humans after hunting mutants.