Page 144 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    So following the Spiderman model.....who do they "Vulture". Keaton was fantastic and a great re-imagining of that character....so who would it be for the X-men?

What if High Evolutionary has a role in the "birth" of mutants?
    I am hoping it is someone like Proteus or Sauron. I would hint at Magneto and the Brotherhood in the first movie, but not show them until the 2nd.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Alot of your questions were answered here

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Here's the first bit of behind the scenes news

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...t-2021-1195846
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

It's interesting that Feige sniffed around the projects that never made it to production.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    So following the Spiderman model.....who do they "Vulture". Keaton was fantastic and a great re-imagining of that character....so who would it be for the X-men?

What if High Evolutionary has a role in the "birth" of mutants?
    Krakoa, Master Mold, Frenzy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am hoping it is someone like Proteus or Sauron. I would hint at Magneto and the Brotherhood in the first movie, but not show them until the 2nd.
    I dig Proteus. It'd take some convincing to get me on board with Sauron though.

For CRaymond. I don't want the Sentinels or Master Mold early in the process either. I feel like that represents human escalation and that should be earned, not immediately introduced. Krakoa could be interesting.

The problem with Krakoa is I can see it coming off like Parralax in Green Lantern or Galactus in Fantasic Four 2. Just a big faceless blob with no personality.

The problem with Krakoa is I can see it coming off like Parralax in Green Lantern or Galactus in Fantasic Four 2. Just a big faceless blob with no personality.
    Give him a personality like Ego
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Give him a personality like Ego
    Then it just comes off as an Ego knock off.

With Spider-Man this was easy because there are too many good Spider-Man villains but for X-Men the only one of major worth they haven't touched is Shadow King. I can't see Magneto not being there for too long.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    With Spider-Man this was easy because there are too many good Spider-Man villains but for X-Men the only one of major worth they haven't touched is Shadow King. I can't see Magneto not being there for too long.
    There's a variety of Brotherhood mooks they can probably give personalities. And Gillen's Sinister has MCU sensibilities too.

Then it just comes off as an Ego knock off.

So basically you just don't want to see Krakoa because I gave you a valid way to do it and just dismissed it.

And Krakoa obviously wouldn't have Ego's personality but he could turn into human form is what I meant.

We know so little and I always worry about the X-Men (and of course Magneto). I wish Mr. Feige or someone would issue a statement letting us know a timetable, anything, about the state of their X-Men plans.

Anyway, I like the idea of Proteus. Because we need a proper Moira MacTaggart who is NOT an FBI agent but a Nobel-Prize winning doctor and scientist. But I especially like the idea of introducing characters who have connections to more famous characters, but the connection is hinted at for a few films, like FX's "Legion" series is doing with David's father--never specifically identified as Charles Xavier but clearly indicated.

My choice for first Marvel Studios X-Men film adversary is the Hell Fire Club. X-Men need to be PG-rated, at least, not kiddy-cartoon fare. I think the Hell Fire Club with a proper Emma Frost and respective white and black courts, would be the best way to introduce the politics of the X-Men. I don't think Marvel Studios should go with a simply good vs. evil theme EVER with the X-Men.

Most important, the ethnicities and origins from the comics need to be respected, also sexual orientation. No erasure of minority characters! I respect Mr. Feige's desire to provide diversity in Marvel movies, but that starts with supporting the diversity that is already there!

In my opinion, the best way to begin the merge, I think, is to do it right away, via the Scarlet Witch. Something, someone is sending strange messages, or she accidentally discovers some anomalous information about her background, and she begins to investigate, and discovers--like at the very end of the next AVENGERS film--she and Pietro were really something called "mutants." (It would be nice if she discovered she was half-Roma too; one good thing about the acquisition of X-Men rights is the need for Whedon's origin story for the twins, the need to dance around the concept of mutants, no longer exists. But anyway, I think if Mr. Feige could just introduce the word "mutants" into the MCU, that would be so cool!

So question: does anyone think Xavier is (possibly unfortunately) integral to any X-Men movie? I mean, can you introduce the X-Men as a team without having Charles Xavier identified as a character? I don't know.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it seems deadpool is the only one coming over based upon those reports.
    No new statement was given about Deadpool from Disney itself.

Reynolds' Deadpool is expected to be the only iteration of the X-Men to make the jump to Disney, with Disney CEO Bob Iger having confirmed multiple times that a popular, R-rated version of the character could exist at the studio.
    I’ve read the Bob Iger interviews he said Deadpool will remain r-rated but didn’t say anything about keeping the Fox version.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-20-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it does matter if they are overrated or underrated these movies are soon to be a thing of the past. let's move forward and get ready to celebrate the birth of something new.
    I was doing that when they announced that an X-23 movie was in the works. That got scrapped thanks to this little deal. Now, maybe if they pull something off like a New X-Men adaptation, it might be worth it all. However, most likely we'll get "Professor X and the big name X-Men vs Magneto" all over again, the thing that the Fox series did to death before their shift into stuff beyond that got cut short. So, you tell me what there is to celebrate; you like the way things are turning, that's your rigth, but the way I see it, there's nothing here worth gaining at the cost of what was sacrificed.

(FYI, I am a MCU fan. Those of us who like both series and/or wanted both series to continue coexisting seem to be rare, but here I am.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So basically you just don't want to see Krakoa because I gave you a valid way to do it and just dismissed it.

And Krakoa obviously wouldn't have Ego's personality but he could turn into human form is what I meant.
    I don't like Karkoa because it is not even a person. It is just a generic movie monster with no thought beyond eating. Now maybe if they make it out that Karkoa is actually a person who's mutation turned him into a living island then thee might be something there, but it is still a hard sell.