Page 261 of 325 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Attachment 88642

The Big Guns.
    Nah. Should be this

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Nah. Should be this

and this

Beast can do tech, medical, and science all in one character. He’s funny and weird and outgoing. He’s the perfect guy-in-the-chair.

On paper, I'd agree with you, but all three of those guys are GREAT foils to showcase the strengths and weaknesses of the big three protagonists: Cyclops, Storm, and Wolverine. Plus they each have very distinct looks that translate well to animation and merchandising. Again, not saying you're wrong, but I can easily see the argument for them.
    I don't disagree with that, but, I think there's other X-Men who could fit those categories that are more interesting or just less explored.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

If my enjoyment is stuck permanently in the past then those teams up there is the past period that my enjoyment has latched to.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Attachment 88642

The Big Guns.
    I like them all, just add Beast and Rogue and it is my dream team.
    But I don't think Disney will use them. Colossus is more associated with deadpool on the films, Nightcrawler has also been done twice and who knows if they just don't skip Jean.
    Only Wolverine, Storm and Cyclops seem like a sure deal

How would you feel if Cannonball and Sunspot were introduced in a New Mutants movie or Disney+ series, and spend some time in the X-movies, before deciding to join the Avengers similar to the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    How would you feel if Cannonball and Sunspot were introduced in a New Mutants movie or Disney+ series, and spend some time in the X-movies, before deciding to join the Avengers similar to the comics?
    Add Dani and you’ve got Xavier’s Gryffindors. All three of them should leapfrog into Avengers.

Add Dani and you’ve got Xavier’s Gryffindors. All three of them should leapfrog into Avengers.
    That's interesting. I was referring to Hickman, who had Cannonball and Sunspot transplanted to his Avengers roster because they're among his favorite mutant characters and there wasn't much going on with them. I rather liked them there, if only because it was different.

Well yeah I assumed you meant the time Sam and Berto grew up.

All this talk of Hellions and New Mutants has me rethinking the role and behaviors of the students bodies, what works and what doesn’t. I think Sam Berto and Dani are all you really need for a successful New Mutants cast.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

The X-men are at a huge disadvantage already in the MCU. They're just not a popular film franchise anymore, so their first movie has to be perfect. MCU fans like how everything fits together already, so if the X-films come stomping in with their usual downer vibes and accusations of genocide enablement, I really don't see how that'll fly.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    The X-men are at a huge disadvantage already in the MCU. They're just not a popular film franchise anymore, so their first movie has to be perfect. MCU fans like how everything fits together already, so if the X-films come stomping in with their usual downer vibes and accusations of genocide enablement, I really don't see how that'll fly.
    That's not really the MCU's style. X-Men will be probably be a more funny, adventurous story. The biggest problem will actually be introducing the concept of mutants and a bunch of super powered people coming out of nowhere. If they nail that, they'll be good

I have to rethink harder in what lies for the future of x-men movies. there is this massive superhero backlash, the last month has been crazy. I have never seen anything like it not even in the batman and Robin era. where we are to believe the genre died. I think the genre is on the edge of artistic collapse with scorsese recent comments and other directors weighing in saying marvel is not cinema. I saw this screenrant article on marvel superhero movies. what future has in store for us.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-movies...#leave-comment

The article does mention, one of the problem is xmen live action like Days Of future past, Legion, Logan and Deadpool are now off the table and it hurts the competition as a quality genre.

X-Men had the reputation as the most serious marvel. the go to marvel if you want serious and deeper stuff with story, themes and characters. it is going to be interesting to see how the MCU X-Men would be received in this era where superhero films are so despised in artistic Hollywood unlike 20 years ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I have to rethink harder in what lies for the future of x-men movies. there is this massive superhero backlash, the last month has been crazy. I have never seen anything like it not even in the batman and Robin era. where we are to believe the genre died. I think the genre is on the edge of artistic collapse with scorsese recent comments and other directors weighing in saying marvel is not cinema. I saw this screenrant article on marvel superhero movies. what future has in store for us.

The article does mention, one of the problem is xmen live action like Days Of future past, Legion, Logan and Deadpool are now off the table and it hurts the competition as a quality genre.

X-Men had the reputation as the most serious marvel. the go to marvel if you want serious and deeper stuff with story, themes and characters. it is going to be interesting to see how the MCU X-Men would be received in this era where superhero films are so despised in artistic Hollywood unlike 20 years ago.
    The genre is fine. Marvel movies and by extension superheroes will be just fine. Artistically or otherwise.
    Last edited by loke13; 11-09-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

I don't see the point. They're saying Marvel is damaging the genre, but this year brought us the highest grossing movie of all time in Avengers Endgame and one of the most profitable movies of all time in Joker. Marvel's competition is rising, as Joker proved. Their approach is changing too, as indicated by Disney Plus. So what's the point here? I remember reading articles about the collapse of superhero movies back in 2015. They've only gotten bigger, bolder, and more diverse since then.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.