Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
Not saying it has to be word for word exactly like the source material. But I feel like you should be familiar with it. With characters and stories.
Not saying that it doesn't help. If I was a director, I personally would examine the source material, even if going different ways. Not sure if that's still the dealbreaker between the movie being good or bad, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
Them not paying attention to the source material is why so many X-men where unrecognizable. As a Storm fan, I never truly felt we saw Storm on the big screen.
From what little I've seen of Storm in the comics, I can't say the character seemed off (but, like I said, my experience may be pretty limited). I can get that on a personal level that an adaptation changing character(s) or other elements to an extreme can be off-putting for people who liked the source material. I like the Runaways comics but I don't want to see the TV version, since it changes a lot of stuff from the source material in ways that bother me. Now, I don't think I can say the show is bad for making those changes (since it being good or bad is about how it takes and tells its own story from its own starting point), which kinda informs how I see these kind of things.