Page 242 of 325 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4870
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Intriguing to see what happens now with Sony. Sony never got a chance for a real redemption after Spiderman 3. X-Men got the chance to redeem itself after X3. If by some miracle they get to make a Spiderman 4, that would be the second closest thing to what it feels like to star wars 7.

If Fox had not sold off to Disney, Fox would have let Dark Phoenix crash, gotten rid of Simon Kinberg, forcus more on other loose x-men spin stories and reboot the main xmen line a decade after dark phoenix.
    I thought The Amazing Spider-Man with Garfield was Sony's redemption after Spider-Man 3?

I really wish Fox had kept the X-Men rights only to see how they would have handled the DP bomb. I wanted to see how much of a hole they would have kept digging themselves in before they just decided to stop producing X movies.

BANNED

Venom made $850 million on a cheap budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I thought The Amazing Spider-Man with Garfield was Sony's redemption after Spider-Man 3?

I really wish Fox had kept the X-Men rights only to see how they would have handled the DP bomb. I wanted to see how much of a hole they would have kept digging themselves in before they just decided to stop producing X movies.
    Fox won't have stopped. Its still a trope with franchises. They would have done what I said. Reboot in 10 years. Did Batman have to wait 10 years after the bomb of batman and robin? his limit was 8. One other important area you are missing, the branched off movies was already making money for Fox. Logan, Deadpool.

Like you said about Spiderman, He never needed marvel. xmen needs marvel even less and X-Men had more movies to prove it than Spiderman.

So MCU would use the young mutant kids to replace the lost Spiderman's market. Should we be scared of what Disney would do to the future X-Force in the making now that pixar spiderman is over?
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-20-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Well, the deal isn't exactly dead yet. Until both sides refuse to consider renegotiating things can still change. Look at the James Gunn situation.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I don't like this at all. Really wanted to see Iceman or Shadowcat meet Spider-Man. Or for him to get on Wolverines nerves. He didn't even meet Hulk or Thor properly yet.

But on the bright side maybe this pushes X-MEN up one year.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

So MCU would use the young mutant kids to replace the lost Spiderman's market. Should we be scared of what Disney would do to the future X-Force in the making now that pixar spiderman is over?
    The answer is YES

What do these thing have even do with each other? Marvel has Ms Marvel, Sam Alexander Nova either of which can replace spidey on the big screen where it has proven with Black Panther and Captain Marvel that general public doesn't care about long running history or book popularity plus they got Amadeus Cho Hulk, Riri Williams IronHeart, Shuri, Patriot and also Young Avengers /New Warrior pieces. They aren't going have zero problem sliding Khamela Khan or Nova into Spiderman slot imo.

X-force is either going to be part of Deadpool package which they have said over and over is going remain R. Or X-force is being something that comes out later X-men spinoff so it will be something like Cable, Domino, Cannonball, Boom Boom, Sunspot, Shatterstar, Warpath,etc which doesn't require extreme violence. I have to keep repeating over and over X-men properties have source material. Either X-force plan is fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Good for Sony. Disney is being beyond greedy now.

Sadly, people are reacting like Sony's the bad guy here.
    Well, maybe not the bad guy....but they're the dumb one. The MCU breathed new life, made Spidey a 1B movie, and erased all of their string of horrible mistakes from the movie-goers minds.

50% may have been a high ask, but Sony would be stupid to pull Spidey out of the MCU. I think they'll realize that and this is mostly a negotiating ploy. If not...Sony is stupid.

I understand this is a big topic for us fans, but let's not derail the thread too much with the Sony/Spider-Man talk.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Without Spiderman around(and Netflix guys) do you think Marvel fast tracks X-men and FF into MCU. They sounded patient earlier but no Spidey, Traditional Cap, Iron Man around X-men is Marvel's biggest gun right? We already know they are planning X-men and FF do you think it accelerates now?

BANNED

Think we’ll see a lot of mutants soon, but only in minor and cameo roles. As for a full X-Men movie, it’s not happening anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    What do these thing have even do with each other? Marvel has Ms Marvel, Sam Alexander Nova either of which can replace spidey on the big screen where it has proven with Black Panther and Captain Marvel that general public doesn't care about long running history or book popularity plus they got Amadeus Cho Hulk, Riri Williams IronHeart, Shuri, Patriot and also Young Avengers /New Warrior pieces. They aren't going have zero problem sliding Khamela Khan or Nova into Spiderman slot imo.
    It had quite a lot to do with eachother. Marvel can only use teens to do one thing. Their approach is extremely limited writing very young superheroes. Its too weird Spiderman is now leaving the MCU as Marvel wanted to keep him a kid forever in high school in MCU movies. Spiderman fans seem happy about no more Ironboy.

X-force is either going to be part of Deadpool package which they have said over and over is going remain R. Or X-force is being something that comes out later X-men spinoff so it will be something like Cable, Domino, Cannonball, Boom Boom, Sunspot, Shatterstar, Warpath,etc which doesn't require extreme violence. I have to keep repeating over and over X-men properties have source material. Either X-force plan is fine
    We don't know if we are getting a Deapool series.The MCU has not done anything to show they are willing to follow the original conception of the comics when it doesn't mash up with their formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I understand this is a big topic for us fans, but let's not derail the thread too much with the Sony/Spider-Man talk.
    I did not see the post. my apologies. If only X-Men can just exit the MCU too or get an adult contemporary universe. Its not as if Disney did the best job on Spiderman, why put out hope for X-Men. Wasn't it you that said FFH was worse than Dark Phoenix, Looks like you were right in the eyes of Sony and many Spiderman fans.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-20-2019 at 11:35 PM.

We don't know if we are getting a Deapool series.The MCU has not done anything to show they are willing to follow the original conception of the comics when it doesn't mash up with their formula.
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/d...ed-1203129498/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...merger-1067651

On a call with investors, Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger said that Disney will continue to make R-rated Deadpool movies and other adult-oriented Marvel adventures after it absorbs much of Fox.

“We will continue in that business,” promised Iger, adding, “There’s certainly popularity” with those types of films.

Iger hinted that these films won’t be released under the traditional Marvel or Disney banner. The company will make it an effort to ensure it is “carefully branding [R-rated films]…so we’re not in any way confusing the consumer,” Iger said.

The CEO Bob Iger and Kevin Feige multiple times have said they are making Deadpool movies. Please stop making up stuff to fit your narrative of Disney. Plus Disney with its Touchstone brand has had R movies for years. Simple stuff like this smh..

Yes. We will get Deadpool movies for sure.

I think thay will just keep Reynolds as actor and reboot everything. Fresh start in MCU for him.

I did not see the post. my apologies. If only X-Men can just exit the MCU too or get an adult contemporary universe. Its not as if Disney did the best job on Spiderman, why put out hope for X-Men. Wasn't it you that said FFH was worse than Dark Phoenix, Looks like you were right in the eyes of Sony and many Spiderman fans.
    While I did enjoy Dark Phoenix more than FFH, Homecoming was a great film. I also can admit that I'm in the minority in my opinion of the two films, but that's the thing about opinions. In regards to the future of the X-Men in the MCU someone asked if the X-Men and FF might get fast tracked because of this development and I have to say that if anything could help that case this would be it. I mean the MCU lost it's 3 biggest stars as of yesterday, Spidey is out, Cap is old and Tony is dead. If that doesn't clear a direct path for Logan (lets be honest, the last big gun they have left now) then I don't know what does. Sure you could argue that Thor and or Hulk could fill that role, which I agree that they could, but the MCU is about team ups and those two can't do it alone. Personally I'd rather see Sony and Marvel reach a deal because being an X-Men fans we know what it's like to get the cold shoulder from Marvel and I don't want that to happen again. Plus I always love the interaction in the comics between Logan and Peter and Deadpool and Peter so I really would love to see in on the big screen.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.