Page 95 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    If Marvel would actually acknowledge Agents of SHIELD, I would write that mutants have been around for a while, but most of them are scared out of their minds and hide in the shadows. The Sokovia Accords forced people with superpowers to register which Agents of SHIELD interpreted as an Inhuman Registration Act. The mutants, fearing for the safety of their kids needing to register, stay in the shadows.

Basically, it's an inverse of the first X-Men movie. Instead of a fight to stop the passing of a registration act, it's a world under the registration act. Just don't copy the same beats.
    Marvel already tried to tackle the registration act not with mutants but with superheroes in Civil War and I was left very unimpressed with the undercooked story . The famous airport scene in civil war that was meant to show why many of them were on different sides became a party and more about Spiderman making his first appearance in the MCU than the registration act itself. The story never came to any fruition after that. it was quickly switched into another undercooked story of Bucky killing tony's father.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-22-2018 at 11:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Bucky killing tony's father.
    Tell you what you could drive a helicarrier through THAT particular plothole.

Amazing Member

Here’s my thing for those who hate the MCU there’s tons of X-Men films to rewatch on Hulu and the Disney streaming service soon. Many can complain all they want, but it’s not going to change anything. As a Marvel fan I’m happy we’ll get an unified Marvel Universe in films.

I feel like Logan put a nice end cap on the FOX XCU films. Yeah, we saw DoFP where the end left us with a hopeful future. Then Apocalypse came and we saw how the X-men truly came together in the 80s. From there, Logan gave us yet another bleak future. Just like in the comics, the X-men can’t catch a break. But Laura and the other kids escaping to Canada also left a sliver of hope for the future. Which is what the X-men are all about. Never quit fighting, no matter what. The end.

Dark Phoenix is going to be odd in that regard, as it will kind of stick out as this odd epilogue which doesn’t really matter or mean anything because it’s all going to change soon. Hopefully Feige could get involved and do a cool after credits scene with the Phoenix in “the white hot room” or something like that, playing with this concept of the multiverse and teasing what’s next for the X-men in the MCU in a clever way. That would be fun.

I have a feeling the X-men in the MCU will have some pretty cool costumes. They’ll be inspired by their comic looks, but with some tweaks to make them work in live action. Like so...

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07...e-concept-art/

I love that brown/tan look for Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I have a feeling the X-men in the MCU will have some pretty cool costumes. They’ll be inspired by their comic looks, but with some tweaks to make them work in live action. Like so...

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07...e-concept-art/

I love that brown/tan look for Logan.
    I love that. I like what the MCU has done in terms of costumes. Mixing up fabrics to give texture to monochromatic outfits like Black Widow. The patchwork on Dr. Strange's cloak. Personal favorite is Captain America. I love how it still feels like tactical gear that's been modified to represent the flag.

I'd love to see this done for the X-Men. First Class had the right idea with the blue/yellow flight suits. Would have loved to see where those would have evolved. The suits in Apocalypse were way too busy. I appreciate the effort but it still didnt feel quite right.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Stop with the MCU v XCU stuff, that's not the place for this and we all know what ends up happening in those threads.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Stop with the MCU v XCU stuff, that's not the place for this and we all know what ends up happening in those threads.
    Tell me about it. It's no fun for people like me who love both.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Tell smaller stories with smaller groups of characters. not everything has to be literally save the world/universe.

Find other characters and tell their stories besides the "obvious" (leave Wolverine alone for now, he can rest).

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Dark Phoenix is going to be odd in that regard, as it will kind of stick out as this odd epilogue which doesn’t really matter or mean anything because it’s all going to change soon.
    Apocalypse had loose ends in regards to Jean’s visions.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Beside Wolverine & Deadpool, what other X-characters do y’all think can support solo trilogies?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Beside Wolverine & Deadpool, what other X-characters do y’all think can support solo trilogies?
    With good writing, any of them really. DP & Logan don't have anything more special than any other characters. Except huge fanboy writers. Lol

Hell, I want a Sabretooth film. But I know that ain't happening lol

Glob Herman, duh.

j/k

I actually think Gambit might could. Though I don't want Tatum Gambit.

You could have the first movie be his origin and concentrate on the Thieves Guilds. There's a heist that he's assigned and in that he meets Storm, who isn't after the same goal but wants to stop him from succeeding. She sees the potential in him and introduces him to the X-Men. You could also bring in Bella Donna as his betrothed into this.
    Second film focuses on him and his being a new member of the X-Men but also focuses on his relationship with Rogue. Bella Donna returns as an ally to a behind the scenes antagonist: either Mr. Sinister or The New Sun. As much as I'd prefer Mr. Sinister in the movies I think I'd go with New Sun for reasons for the third film.
    Third film brings in Bishop from an alternate future. He teams up with Gambit to stop New Sun. It's revealed somewhere in the course of the movie, the twist if you will, that New Sun is Gambit from Bishop's reality (ignore The Witness and The Traitor storyline). The have to work together to stop Gambit from becoming new Sun in this reality at the same time as stopping New Sun who has crossed over.

And that's if you wanted to ignore the whole thing with the X-ternals, Gambit/Wolverine, Sinister and the mutant massacre involvement.

I think Gambit is great for a movie series because of the many roles he could play and how those movies could play out. He's a thief so it could be an Oceans 11 type of movie. There could be elements of mystery. Action/superhero of course. Noir as well - Wolverine/Gambit: Victims shows how easy this would be.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Hopefully Feige could get involved and do a cool after credits scene with the Phoenix in “the white hot room” or something like that, playing with this concept of the multiverse and teasing what’s next for the X-men in the MCU in a clever way. That would be fun.
    They could rip-off DC birth and have her create the MCU. Similar to the original idea for X3.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-23-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Psylocke might.

I think you just have to find characters with a life and a purpose outside the x-men or reverse engineer one. Like Warpath could be using his powers to help his reservation/home town.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-23-2018 at 07:21 PM.