Page 224 of 325 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    To be fair we don't know how the X-Men movies are gonna go. I don't think they'll be anything like The Winter Soldier. Even when it comes to being mature, they'll probably have a bit more humor. And that's fine, as long as it's also really serious when it needs to be(unlike say Ragnarok and GOTG).
    That is true but never stops some people going X-men is going to be worse thing rather hey the X-men could be as good Winter Soldier in tone. Every argument seems to be X-men is going to GoTG or Antman and every movie from the other side was Logan and Dark Knight. It is never I hope MCU X-movies are quality of Black Panther and Winter Soldier and thank God the studio who made those FF movies, X3, Wolverine Origins, Dark Phoenix and New Mutants(yeah i am counting this) are not making X-men movies any more.

It is never rational argument which is what do you prefer "bunch of clear strikeouts but with maybe one amazing movie maybe the best of kind" or "bunch of solid but entertaining movies with couple that slightly elevate above that". We never get to talk about Swing Big Miss Big or Just hit singles and get on base because all as you keep on scoring you will win. I can at least respect a person that goes that getting Logan or Days of future past is worth junk that was sometimes made but it is never that. I am not even this a super MCU fan but approach of just make solid movies is consumer friendly and every once awhile a great director like Russo or Coogler will elevate the stuff. Stuff like Fantastic 4, Wolverine Origins, Justice League have killed movies after them ability to be made and kill fan trust in franchise. Remember Universal Dark Universe? Sequels Mortal Instruments, The Darkest Minds, Divergent Sequels? We have gotten to enjoy the Marvel universe many characters and long form story simple because Marvel doesn't make bad movies. I wish more studios made solid movies with reasonable budgets making sequels possible.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-03-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That is true but never stops some people going X-men is going to be worse thing rather hey the X-men could be as good Winter Soldier in tone. Every argument seems to be X-men is going to GoTG or Antman and every movie from the other side was Logan and Dark Knight. It is never I hope MCU X-movies are quality of Black Panther and Winter Soldier and thank God the studio who made those FF movies, X3, Wolverine Origins, Dark Phoenix and New Mutants(yeah i am counting this) are not making X-men movies any more.

X-Men is not going to be judged with the quality of black panther and winter solider. MCU Spiderman is hardly getting judged based on the quality of MCU movies. Its the Raimi movies he is getting judged on. Besides Black Panther's quality is not among the best of the MCU, the CGI, story, characters and editing could have been done differently, Winter Solider could have twerked the spy genre more than done the most formulaic and cliches of all of it, again these problems raises its ugly head again with Engdame's use of time travel and a post apocalyptic world setting. Disney always goes for the easiest story to tell, nothing can ever be complicated.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-03-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Everyone keeps pointing out that FFH is the highest grossing Spiderman film of all time but where are you placing it in your Spiderman film rankings? Its the problem with Disney, they only care about cashing in the money , they don't care about making the best films they possibly can. Difference between FFH and Spiderverse/Spiderman 2.
    Unpopular opinion but I'm not really a big fan of Spider-Man 2 due to the way it handled the Peter/MJ romance until MJ's speech at the very end (and also because Ock's lauded characterization in the film is a shameless rip-off of Mr. Freeze from Batman: The Animated Series).

So that would make FFH among the Top 3 Spider-Films for me along with Spider-Verse and the first Spider-Man.

BANNED

The forumla is about making processed factory movies. Good blockbusters would be depending on what your tastes and expectations are. Obviously I found Disney very limited with Marvel. You will be contradicting by admitting they have a formula, if they have a formula then there is nothing about their movies that is director driven..
    I think you're having problems keeping terms distinct from each other. Having a formula for success does not eliminate stylization. You should consider widening your viewpoint and not being so limited and narrow.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

X-Men is not going to be judged with the quality of black panther and winter solider. MCU Spiderman is hardly getting judged based on the quality of MCU movies. Its the Raimi movies he is getting judged on.

It all opinion based. I don't think Raimi movies are that good. MCU are way better imo
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think some of the people in this thread would only be happy with an art house version of an X-Men movie. No costumes, no use of powers, shot in black and white, and all just characters talking for 2 hours about how hard it is to be different.

Astonishing Member

And lots of crying. There always has to be some sort of crying in the X-Men films to make it adult. No tears, not a real movie.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    And lots of crying. There always has to be some sort of crying in the X-Men films to make it adult. No tears, not a real movie.

The Raimi Spider-Man trilogy is a lot more iconic than the original X-Men trilogy. I'm not saying it's better(I haven't watched either of them since I was a kid), but to this day it has a big fandom while the old X-Men movies just... Don't. I mean it has it's fans yeah. But the only thing that the MCU is gonna have to "live up to" when it comes to it is the Wolverine casting. But that's a lot due to Logan too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    But are they kissing upside down? We've found that's vital to being mature as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    It all opinion based. I don't think Raimi movies are that good. MCU are way better imo
    I liked Spiderman 2, even though I think it's become overrated. The other two are meh (1) and quite terrible (3).

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    "Wolverine" crying over some chick he barely knew smh. Also, what's with all this talk about the next person to play Wolverine on screen has big shoes to fill because of Hugh Jackman's performance? The dude was a terrible Logan IMO. This is not an attack on his acting abilities, Hugh Jackman fans. I just don't care for his Wolverine depiction. Like say for instance, what if Will Smith(great actor) was cast as T'Challa and you had to hear everybody and they momma praise him in the role, even without the accent? Just imagine him acting like Mike Lowry(mannerisms and everything), and you yourself are sitting there pressed about it because you know he's wrong for the role, but you have to listen to the dozens and dozens of fans praise the performance... that's how I feel about Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. The next guy will do just fine and will make everybody forget about ol' Hugh, just you watch.

I'm in agreement there. Not to diminish Hugh, but I think the character of Logan is just perfect for so many typical Hollywood actor types. He's the rebel bad-boy with a heart of gold. I mean, that's their bread and butter. Hugh is handsome, charismatic, and he did a lot of work physically for the role over the years, but he's not the greatest actor in the world, nor does he completely own the physical nature of who Logan is supposed to be. There's a better Logan out there. There are dozens, in fact. I thought The Boys' Karl Urban was giving me more Logan vibes in his Butcher character than Hugh did in the actual role.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm in agreement there. Not to diminish Hugh, but I think the character of Logan is just perfect for so many typical Hollywood actor types. He's the rebel bad-boy with a heart of gold. I mean, that's their bread and butter. Hugh is handsome, charismatic, and he did a lot of work physically for the role over the years, but he's not the greatest actor in the world, nor does he completely own the physical nature of who Logan is supposed to be. There's a better Logan out there. There are dozens, in fact. I thought The Boys' Karl Urban was giving me more Logan vibes in his Butcher character than Hugh did in the actual role.
    I got more Wolverine vibes from Vin Deisel in those Riddick moves than any released X-Men flick so far.

Some people don't realize there is a cost for making a bad movie. Hellboy is great example,They went after "darker and more mature" vision failed and that movie franchise is probably dead.The safer approach of the original movies got sequels green lighted. Fox made X1, X2 and two bad movies leaving the franchise needing to reboot, Fox made X-men First class and DoFP and then two bad movies leaving the franchise needing to reboot. Let's be clear Dark Phoenix would have killed the X-men if series was staying at Fox there was no way sequel to that movie was getting made.New Mutants(not likely) or Deadpool/X-force would have to bail out X-franchise with a fresh direction.

For every Marvel movie is being formulaic and safe,There is a Green Lantern which didn't get a sequel, There is Justice League which got Superman and Cyborg projects functional killed. There is Spiderman 3 which force a reboot and ASM 1 & 2 that were so bad they had call on Marvel to save them. Moving away comic book movies I can name stuff like Universal's Dark Universe which failed or tons of Young Adult movies I am Number 4,The Darkest Minds, Divergent, Mortal Instruments, Beautiful Creatures, Golden Compass, Ender's Game, Eragon, The Seeker the dark is Rising, The Host, The City of Ember, etc. People don't seem to understand how difficult it is get long form stories made today. What Marvel is doing is not easy. The amount of franchises that don't get off the ground is huge. You have ONE movie to make an impact and if you miss aren't likely to get a second chance or in some cases you get a second chance like Pacific Rim,Indepence day and Godzilla and you pretty much close up the franchise.

People are talking Marvel movies not performing at the highest level, How many satisfying trilogies does DCEU,Sony or Fox have, I will wait.. Wolverine.Nope. X-men.Nope.(Deadpool would have probably done it )Spiderman.Nope. Only Nolan Batman is three solid movies.MCU has produce at least Captain America and Avengers which is 3 solid movies, GotG,MCU Spiderman and Antman could also finish off a set of 3 solid movies. I am not talking about all time classic I am talking about just 3 movies everyone is generally happy with it. I will end how I began their cost to making bad movies. Marvel keeps chugging along making solid movies that make back their money,make a profit and don't hurt the overall franchise and they get to keep making comic book movies. We go into MCU knowing that 3 X-men movies will probably get made,3 Wolverine movies will probably get made, and spin off movies will get made because of the "Marvel Formula". Remember that long list above of Young Adult movies as fan just think of all the fans of property who don't get to see their stuff finished. That is what people critical of Marvel don't get imo