Page 179 of 325 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 4870

I'm pretty sure most people were mad at what happened with Mandarin though. The general audience didn't care I guess but it's criticized a lot by the fandom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What's that got to do with anything? Just because he runs a mile a minute doesn't mean the character, in the context of the movie, doesn't "work." Origins: Wolverine has it's problems (including the fact that Deadpool disappears after the first act only to reappear at the end; it undermines the impact of what happened to him and has a final boss fight where Wolverine has little emotional connection to the opponent). Deadpool not talking is not one of them (any more then then the Mandarin being a soused actor instead of a yellow peril villain was a problem in the Iron Man movies).

Really?
    I've found the one human on earth who wants to defend Deadpool in Origins. Including virtually all the humans involved with that movie.

I....I'm speechless anyone would do this. Much less repeatedly.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

We won’t see the X-Men in at least 10 years sources say.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    No....they didn't let Ryan Reynolds talk. "Their version" sucked. I'm not even sure how that's up for debate or why you're even remotely defending this.

Are you Simon Kinberg?
    Kinberg wasn’t even involved with Origins, dude. Your hatred for him is starting to become obsessive.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-10-2019 at 01:05 PM.

BANNED

They never said 10 years. They said it would extend the MCU by 10 years.

“I never write off any great franchise if there’s one underperformer,” says senior box office analyst Paul Dergarabedian of Comscore. “It’s always a learning lesson. And there’s a lot of lessons to be learned from this one.”

There is a near-certainty that the property will be revived by Marvel itself, and its president Kevin Feige, although that is likely years away. “There is no rush to bring the X-Men to the marketplace after this,” says one producer. “And when they come back, it’s going to extend Marvel’s run another 10 years.”

Says Dergarabedian: “Never give up on a franchise that’s been this good, this ubiquitous and this influential. I’m sure there’s more to come.”
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-plans-1216859

Let’s not forget Hollywood is rebooting Terminator for the third time in a decade this year despite consistently bombing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They never said 10 years. They said it would extend the MCU by 10 years.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-plans-1216859

Let’s not forget Hollywood is rebooting Terminator for the third time in a decade this year despite consistently bombing.
    Guess I fell for clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They've revamped franchises before. They might call the next film X-Force or X-Factor to stay on brand and at the same time let people know it's gonna be different.
    X-Force and X-Factor aren't the X-Men. Those two teams were created for very specific reasons.

At this, point, after Dark Phoenix, I wouldn't mind if it took a few years until we get a proper X-Men movie. But I really feel they are going to start utilising the mutants before that. Storm in BP2 is all I want. End then there are the cartoons, videogames, etc...
    A picture would last longer darling...

Honestly though I'm not sure why people are so shocked it underperformed. With exception of die hard fans of the franchise, the trailers looked underwhelming in a year where you have some of the biggest spectacles ever put on screen. Plus there are plenty of sci-fi fans who see the movie for what it is... a last gasp by FOX for a woefully underwhelming series. People just know that the Marvel films put more energy and thought behind their films so why see the boring looking re-hash of a story we've heard before when we just have to wait a few years to see these characters done "right?"

Might be a controversial opinion, but I'm sure there are plenty of us on these boards who stayed home this weekend for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Honestly though I'm not sure why people are so shocked it underperformed. With exception of die hard fans of the franchise, the trailers looked underwhelming in a year where you have some of the biggest spectacles ever put on screen. Plus there are plenty of sci-fi fans who see the movie for what it is... a last gasp by FOX for a woefully underwhelming series. People just know that the Marvel films put more energy and thought behind their films so why see the boring looking re-hash of a story we've heard before when we just have to wait a few years to see these characters done "right?"

Might be a controversial opinion, but I'm sure there are plenty of us on these boards who stayed home this weekend for the same reason.
    That’s a silly thing to believe. Comic readers only range in the thousands, just look at the comic sale figures. So they don’t really affect Box Office numbers

Releasing this in June was the main factor as Box Office experts have pointed out. Other films are underperforming as well.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-10-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Seems that even the team on Dark Phoenix are team Marvel.

Meanwhile, one former Fox executive notes, “If the merger didn’t happen, some of these people would be worried about their jobs. If the merger didn’t happen, people would be clamoring for Fox to do what Sony did with Spider-Man and ask for Marvel’s help.”
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Seems that even the team on Dark Phoenix are team Marvel.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true
    Huh, well that's interesting.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

We won’t see the X-Men in at least 10 years sources say.

Kinberg wasn’t even involved with Origins, dude. Your hatred for him is starting to become obsessive.
    Let me show you something: I can admit it! I am obsessed with how this goof continues to get work. And how he was allowed to kill the X-men and their best story. (Twice)

Perhaps you should accept you've become nothing but a running excuse factory for a bad movie. It didn't do badly because it's June. It did badly because there were bland previews for a bland movie for a franchise that Fox ran into the ground.

Period. If Endgame opened last week it still makes money hand over fist. Stop with the excuses. Please. Post interesting behind the scenes stories, share your opinions, but for the love of god please stop making excuses and creating scapegoats. The blame lies squarely with Fox and it's awful decision making. Starting with Kinburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Let me show you something: I can admit it! I am obsessed with how this goof continues to get work. And how he was allowed to kill the X-men and their best story. (Twice)

Perhaps you should accept you've become nothing but a running excuse factory for a bad movie. It didn't do badly because it's June. It did badly because there were bland previews for a bland movie for a franchise that Fox ran into the ground.

Period. If Endgame opened last week it still makes money hand over fist. Stop with the excuses. Please. Post interesting behind the scenes stories, share your opinions, but for the love of god please stop making excuses and creating scapegoats. The blame lies squarely with Fox and it's awful decision making. Starting with Kinburg.
    Well if you’re going what Box Office experts say and the fact that well received movies are also underperforming then...whatever.

BANNED

Well if you’re going what Box Office experts say and the fact that well received movies are also underperforming then...whatever.
    If people wanted to turn out for it, they would. As your own link shows, people didn't even have much of an awareness or care for the movie. That isn't date driven, that's other factors. And, again, it's ok to point out that there was shuffling of dates, but when it's in the larger context of every reply of yours being some kind of shield for the movie isn't helpful.

I just deleted 33 posts that were completely off topic and little more than 2 posters bickering back and forth. Stay on topic or get removed.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.