Page 211 of 325 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I knew the R-rated argument was coming.

So who believes that if Logan was PG13 it would have made more money? Raise their hands. Oh wait a minute, the previous two Wolverine movies were. PG13 and they did not make much money.

I can argue to make Logan's success seem small to. "Hmhuh, it only made that much because it was the last time people were going to see Jackman as Wolverine, the peomotions were not subtle about it at all."

Wolverine kept popping up in other cartoons, even if X-Men were absent. So I say he still got some special treatment.

And blaming that for not making much box office. LOL! What cartoon did Aquaman had the last time?

If Logan was PG 13, it wouldn't have necessarily made more money because it would be a completely different movie.

Also, the previous two movies were considered terrible and quickly forgotten, while Logan was one of the most acclaimed movies of the year and got a Best Adapted Screenplay nom, which neither The Dark Knight nor Black Panther did.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If Logan was PG 13, it wouldn't have necessarily made more money because it would be a completely different movie.

Also, the previous two movies were considered terrible and quickly forgotten, while Logan was one of the most acclaimed movies of the year and got a Best Adapted Screenplay nom, which neither The Dark Knight nor Black Panther did.
    there is few differences between pg13 and R, basically less blood and explicit violence

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jom2003 View Post
    Or like the REAL Dark Phoenix Saga comics in which they casted an illusional world on the Phoenix, which Fox completely failed to capture on their last film.
    According Kinberg he wanted the story to be about a empowered woman that gains control over her destiny. That’s why they didn’t go all the way with making Jean dark. That and he wanted to tie-in into the ending of DOFP.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-22-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

So then popularity is irrelevant?

The highest grossing Wolverine solo movie with insane critical acclaim made $100 M less than Spider-Man's lowest grossing solo movie with the worst franchise rating.

Wolverine has not been able to transform his popularity on the big screen. Money printing wise he's in the same ballpark as Ant-Man and the Wasp.
    I knew the R-rated argument was coming.

So who believes that if Logan was PG13 it would have made more money? Raise their hands. Oh wait a minute, the previous two Wolverine movies were. PG13 and they did not make much money.

I can argue to make Logan's success seem small to. "Hmhuh, it only made that much because it was the last time people were going to see Jackman as Wolverine, the peomotions were not subtle about it at all."

Wolverine kept popping up in other cartoons, even if X-Men were absent. So I say he still got some special treatment.

And blaming that for not making much box office. LOL! What cartoon did Aquaman had the last time?
    Meh, Logan made around the same as Winter Soldier domestically and Cap got 3 movies (to be fair one of them was an Avengers movie and a Captain America movie in title only). Logan made more than Amazing Spider-Man 2 domestically as well to use your example. ASM2 netted $416 million Logan netted $492 million so even though the world wide box office was lower it still actually made more money because the budget difference. This is going off both high estimates for the movie budgets, if we go off the low estimates than ASM2 made $509 million and Logan made $522 million, I got my numbers from box office mojo/google if you care to check. Spider-Man is a more popular character than Wolverine, I don't think anyone would argue that so that gives him a boost right there.

Wolverine makes money, maybe not as much as Spidey but he pays the bills on time. Ant Man and Wasp had a budget of $167 million, Logan's was $97 million so even though total numbers were similar, Logan still made more money. I'm not sure why you would even argue Wolverine doesn't make money as literally every movie the character played a role in turned a profit. Every one he was a major character in made money on domestic alone, even the one's he only cameo'd in made money world wide. Add his name to the power house that is the MCU he'll do even bigger numbers is my guess.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Thanks! :-)

2023:
    Captain Marvel 2 (Rogue!)
    Spider-Man 3 (Jubilee! Iceman maybe?)
    Blade (Gambit!)
    I would kill for Rogue, non-JLaw Mystique and Destiny to be in Captain Marvel 2. Rogue taking some of her space power juice would solve her 'I'm too powerful for anything to be a threat' problem.

Kitty Pryde and Jubes for Spiderman.

Man, looking at what the MCU has coming for phase 4, how diverse the lineup in front of and behind the camera, especially how much of a risk they are taking with Eternals, I just can't wait for it to be the mutants turn. It's going to be incredible! Billion dollar X-Men movies, here we come!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Thanks! :-)

I would love if phase five ended up like this, (mutants introduced):

2022:
    GOTG vol. 3
    Black Panther 2 (Storm!)
    Fantastic Four

2023:
    Captain Marvel 2 (Rogue!)
    Spider-Man 3 (Jubilee! Iceman maybe?)
    Blade (Gambit!)

2024:
    X-Men
    Eternals 2
    Secret Wars!
    I think that's a good progression. I think it makes too much sense to have Storm show up in Black Panther 2. That would definitely build the hype for that movie, even more. Same with Rogue in Captain Marvel 2. But I like the idea of X-Men characters getting involved in Spider-Man 3. It could be an Amazing Friends type deal. The only thing that would keep that from happening is Sony's meddling. There's a lot of convoluted limitations that they have to operate under. It's why they didn't use Mary Jane Watson and created "Michelle" in the first two movies. I think adding mutants to the mix could complicate things even more so I think that's unlikely. Maybe some mutant references will show up in the Eternals since the Celestials have a connection to mutants, as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I am sure that there would be no Rogue in CM2. CM2 will probably be a full cosmic movie. No big reason for her to have adventures on Earth if Space has more new things to show.

Rogue probably will appear as a team member of Evil group for Avengers to fight. So I think Rogue will be one of the villains for some New Avengers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Man, looking at what the MCU has coming for phase 4, how diverse the lineup in front of and behind the camera, especially how much of a risk they are taking with Eternals, I just can't wait for it to be the mutants turn. It's going to be incredible! Billion dollar X-Men movies, here we come!
    Agree with that. X-men is easily a billion dollar franchise if done right and connected to the broader MCU. Also, Phase 4 seems to be the lull before the storm. Some new, relatively unknown properties like Eternals and Shang-Chi. Then Phase 5 will come in with a bang with Black Panther 2, motherf@#$ing Blade (so pumped for this one!), Fantastic Four, Captain Marvel 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and finally, the daddy of them all, Uncanny X-men! It’s going to be glorious. I just know it.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Allot of people are saying Phase IV looks boring. IMO the only better phase will Phase III.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Scarlet Vision has me pondering and I’m really believing Wanda is going to create mutants in a reverse “no more mutants” moment at the end of Dr Strange MoM.

BANNED

Now that Feige is taking over Deadpool, I have no hope for this franchise

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Allot of people are saying Phase IV looks boring. IMO the only better phase will Phase III.
    The MCU has grown to a point where it's like the comics for me. I only care a lot about a few characters. So just as the greater amount of solo comics there are the less likely I am to read them all, the more characters get their own movies or Disney+ shows, the less likely I am to watch all of them. I enjoy the Hulk and I enjoy his stuff in the Avengers movies. But do I care about the character enough to pick up trades of his comic or watch a solo Hulk movie? Not really and that's how I feel about a lot of MCU characters. With staple characters no longer in the MCU and getting their own movies and no Avengers movie in this phase (which is good, they need to build up to a new one), I can see why a lot of people are saying Phase IV looks boring
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 07-24-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    There’s nothing in Phase IV that I’m going to see in theaters, and I’ll pass on all the Disney+ shows most likely. I mean, Eternals and Shang Chi? Doctor Strange was okay but I didn’t love it.

Blade will get me back in the theater, but that’s not until Phase V.