Page 219 of 325 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4870

Gemma Chan as 90's Psylocke is a type of perfection in casting rare to find. That said, she was in a minor role in CM, and is a hair on the older side to just be starting off in such a role(5 years hence). It's too bad the Fox-Men films were such disasters. Gemma would have been a magnificent Betsy Braddock in lets say Apocalypse*if that movie wasn't crap. It's a little too late now for her.

Overall that cast is intriguing in certain aspects(Tom Hardy as Wolverine would have been great too, but now he's Venom), but as others have pointed out, they are too old overall. Yes, the MCU has had older heroes(54 year old RDJ), but they also have younger heroes(23 year old Tom Holland's Spider-Man). I think for the X-Men to have maximum impact as characters, they should be as close as possible to their initial manifestation as possible(so, I'm aiming for early college age at oldest), so we don't have to explain their absence from all those pivotal MCU moments. If you introduce X-Men who are already in their 30's or older, like, where have they been for the past 20 years? I would cast Magneto/Xavier as the 50 somethings, and do the X-Men as college students attending Xavier's Institute for Higher Learning or whatever.

It makes better sense for them to be living with the Professor if they are college aged, and with that 5 year time skip built into the MCU timeline post-Endgame, you could even make it so that they were like, barely manifesting children(12/13) when the Avengers were loosing to Thanos in Wakanda, but are now 17/18, having been training with Xavier in relative secret for a few years when we pick up on their missions(let's say a Krakoa type event where the young O5ers are captured and Xavier recruits the global team including Logan and Ororo to save them).

It is very interesting to wonder at how exactly Feige will introduce them when it is time. The possibilities are endless.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm down for Gemma Chan for Betsy as long as they keep having dialogue where people are confused that she's both English and Chinese, like that's somehow the most mind-blowing thing possible.

I don't mind an older X-men group but issue with that would mean they were around for a while. Which doesn't make sense with in the MCU. So X-men in the MCU is going to have be younger but you can already see the flaws being that mutants powers manifest in their teens which is also pretty hard to miss a growing subculture of people. I am interested to see how they jump over those hurdles. For example will they go with Holocaust story for Magneto but MCU is in 2010s. Whatever choice they pick they are going to have to be adjusted away from comics more than probably the Fox version.

I love Evan Rachel Wood so I'd be happy with her as Jean, but ever since Crimz fancasted her as Sue Storm that's what I see as the perfect role for her lol.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This dream cast from Reddit makes my heart flutter.

These are great. Coster-Waldau, in particular, is my dream-cast for Gambit. It's too bad he's 49 already
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This dream cast from Reddit makes my heart flutter.

That would have been a good cast for a Fox X-men reboot 10 years ago, not an MCU one beyond 2022

Love the cast, but I feel like they all need to be younger with exception of Magneto and Wolverine. An X-MCU should be around AT LEAST 10 years.

Chris Pine would be a great Cyclops. I could see him doing it assuming that Steve Trevor doesn’t survive the events of WW84.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I would prefer if the MCU uses asian Psylocke to be honest. There is already more than enough white people, nothing wrong with being white but i would like to see other faces too when posible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Gemma is a Brit too, just not a White one.
    I know but I doubt Marvel would put Betsy in her original body back just for her to be Asian in the movies. If Asian Psylocke appears in the movies, it will be Kwannon. And as much as I like the sexy, stealhty ninja, I prefer to see Betsy in the movies first.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 07-29-2019 at 07:24 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I know but i doubt Marvel would put Betsy in her original body back just for her to be Asian in the movies. If Asian Psylocke appears in the movies, it will be Kwannon. And as much as I like the sexy, stealhty ninja, I prefer to see Betsy in the movies first.
    I would be more than fine with an Asian Elizabeth Braddock in the MCU, but I think you’re right.

I maybe alone in this, but I’ve always thought Tom Hardy would be a terrible choice for Logan.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I maybe alone in this, but I’ve always thought Tom Hardy would be a terrible choice for Logan.
    You're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Why so? I always thought his intensity and ability to play angry dudes would make him a good Wolverine. And he's not that tall either

Lili Reinhart (aka Betty Cooper from Riverdale) as Jean!

I think they should start with a small cast of 4-5 incredibly strong personalities that speak to the X-Men brand and suggest toys, cosplay, and fan art. I’m going to stick with Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine and Colossus.

If they get Deadpool’s Colossus animators they’d be miles ahead of casting. They nailed that character, and you don’t NEED a human side.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 07-29-2019 at 02:18 PM.