Page 85 of 325 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4870
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    N'Dare is not of mixed ancestry. She's black from the heart of Africa, of an ancient line that goes back to the beginning of mankind. I look forward to Ororo's black African roots being embraced 100% in the MCU as a goddess in BP2. You'll never understand what that would mean to so many people around the world.
    Agreed.

And after Black Panther, it would make all the sense in the world to get an actress of pure black African descent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Although, I wouldn't be opposed to a Hank McCoy that was South East Asian, Arab or Latino
    Let's get one of the non-blue ones for that instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

And after Black Panther, it would make all the sense in the world to get an actress of pure black African descent.
    It's too bad they used Lupita for Nakia. I really can't think of a reasonable actress in Hollywood now to do Ororo justice. They'll have to find some new rare gem to pull this off.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Let's get one of the non-blue ones for that instead?
    I agree. The X-line has a horrible track record of using their non-human characters for diversity(eg Skin, Blink, Bling). Iceman would work well as Latino. Angel could be Chinese. Cyke too, for that matter. I'm not really a fan of race-bending, but if you're going to do it, don't hide it under body paint/latex or CGI all the time.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

N'Dare is not of mixed ancestry. She's black from the heart of Africa, of an ancient line that goes back to the beginning of mankind. I look forward to Ororo's black African roots being embraced 100% in the MCU as a goddess in BP2. You'll never understand what that would mean to so many people around the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

A fictional ancient line that has straight light hair, blue eyes, some non-african facial features, and said to have traits of all races according to Claremont’s depiction. Her tribe may not be of real mix ancestry but they sure look like it.

And I do understand what it would mean to a lot of people as a black man. But no 100% African women is going fit Claremont’s description of Storm.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-21-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

What are the chances of Iceman being gay onscreen? Assuming they use Iceman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    I can place by bet that stark is responsible for danger room and cerebro?

I can place another bet Storm is black panther's wife before she has any leadership role in their movies?

Marvel's X-Men is Spiderman Homecoming rebooted.
    I'm placing a bet that Tony Stark will die permanently in Avengers 4 and therefore will not have even the slightest effect on anything X.

Astonishing Member

It's too bad they used Lupita for Nakia. I really can't think of a reasonable actress in Hollywood now to do Ororo justice. They'll have to find some new rare gem to pull this off.
    Seems to be a waste of Lupita's talent to be Nakia when she could be a prominent X-Men. She would make an excellent Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    What are the chances of Iceman being gay onscreen? Assuming they use Iceman.
    There will be backlash if they don't make him gay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    A fictional ancient line that has straight light hair, blue eyes, some non-african facial features, said to have traits of all races according to Claremont’s depiction. Her tribe may not be of real mix ancestry but they sure look like it.

And I do understand what it would mean to a lot of people black man. But no 100% African women is going fit Claremont’s description.
    Hmm, I don't remember Halle or Alexandra having blue eyes. That's really the only 'white' trait Storm has, even though blue eyes and straight hair both occur in black Africans occasionally anyways.

tumblr_mbxtt2kltQ1reackao1_500.jpg

Besides, that is not even an accurate description of Storm, it was a false supposition by a doctor who was perplexed by her features. Ororo, N'Dare, and David Munroe are all black. N'Dare and David both had dark hair and eyes. The blue eyes/white hair is only a very rare trait in their line, only associated with their sorceresses/priestesses. N'Dare's mother looks a lot like actual tribal women from Kenya.

familywedding.jpg

ced62ffe10e4563e9ef842fd12cdf6b5.jpg

Ultimate Member

Hmm, I don't remember Halle or Alexandra having blue eyes. That's really the only 'white' trait Storm has, even though blue eyes and straight hair both occur in black Africans occasionally anyways.

Besides, that is not even an accurate description of Storm, it was a false supposition by a doctor who was perplexed by her features. Ororo, N'Dare, and David Munroe are all black. N'Dare and David both had dark hair and eyes. The blue eyes/white hair is only a very rare trait in their line, only associated with their sorceresses/priestesses. N'Dare's mother looks a lot like actual tribal women from Kenya.

familywedding.jpg

ced62ffe10e4563e9ef842fd12cdf6b5.jpg
    Exactly.

There are a number of Sub-Saharan Africans that have straight hair. There are some Calabar (tribal name) people (in South-Eastern Nigeria) that are fair skinned and have lightly colored eyes.

That being said, that particular description does not necessarily have to be the template for movie Storm. Storm can simply be a black African woman with white hair and blue eyes as a mutation but that absolute nonsense of her resembling every race on Earth (IMHO) shouldn't even be considered for the movies.

Can I take my chance on the first Disney X-Men.

I. Mutants are randomly introduced. you will get some few words of their concept but nothing worthy of any real depth. No Xavier writing a PHD thesis on the concept of mutants. Forget Jean trying to make a case to Congress or Senator Kelly warning the world Mutants are real and they need monitoring.

II A few references that they are different, Disney will probably not dwell much of why mutants are hated but other heroes Avengers, GOTG and F4 are beloved. It is not financially profitable to make that distinction either.

III. There is an invasion to capture mutants, they attack the mansion and kill some mutants.

IV. Avengers come in and give xmen some prep lessons about their experiences fighting invasions. They train some mutants

V. X-men go to...New York (Salem Canter), to try and stop the invasion. The earth is rocked, buildings and destroyed, damages upon damages that the government can't realistic pay off , the X-Men have fun with it but you don't get there is any real danger or actual stakes. Some thrown in out of places jokes everywhere. They win.

The movie ends.

We see some random set up of Iron Man doing something with Xavier , (sorry you guys keep bringing him up) in an after credit thing, oh sorry, after credit scenes.

Who wants to place this in a top tier X-Men movies list?

This for me ranks 6th or 7th.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 09-21-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

When blue eyes occur in black Africans it’s usually a symptom of a disorder called waardenburg syndrome. Which I doubt writers intended for Storm to have unless there is some panel that states this.

familywedding.jpg
    I know she is not actually mixed, I said that in my post. But she looks like it.

In Dark Phoenix when Jean imagined Storm as a slave, the slave has very african facial features which Storm is shown not to have. It seems that Claremont’s Storm is meant to be extremely unique. The pic you’re showing looks very recent, unless that is from Claremont’s return.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-21-2018 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    X2 was good for it's day but definitely IMO doesn't rank as well as newer comic book films and as Logan is a good movie but Shane and Unforgiven told the story better. DOFP is the closet to genre perfection.

X2 has a symbolic meaning for me, Without that movie, I could have failed one of my modules in college. the opening dialogue of X2 , words by President Lincoln, was a direct quote I used in my exams, and it stuck in my head because of X2 not because I studied hard only.

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection'.

Short story of X2 in a nutshell. Xavier tells the current president the same thing by the end of the film.

I can still quote those words today not because I am an American scholar but because I saw X2. That was the impact the movie left for me.The question is do many mcu movies hold up after one viewing or once they are out of cinema?

Does infinity war hold up to X2 after the producers revealed the movies is actually 96% CGI
    http://www.directexpose.com/avengers-infinity-war-cgi/ =''Turns Out 96% Of ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Was CGI''

X2 took the direction by having a compelling story and drama nailed first. X2 is the same film without the CGI. Does Thor Ragnarök hold up knowing the movie is super shallow , overdoing the jokes or after you discover the true meaning of Ragnarök .MCU movies don't hold up to X2, Spider-Man 2 and many movies made without a cinematic connection.MCU movies should aspire to be X2, their films would have been better.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 09-21-2018 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    When blue eyes occur in black Africans it’s usually a symptom of a disorder called waardenburg syndrome. Which I doubt writers intended for Storm to have unless there is some panel that states this.

In Dark Phoenix when Jean imagined Storm as a slave, the slave has very african facial features which Storm is shown not to have. It seems that Claremont’s Storm is meant to extremely unique. The pic you’re showing looks very recent, unless that is from Claremont’s return.
    All blue eyes, in people of any race, are caused by any of several mutations that disable the melanin-producing cells in the iris. Black people with blue eyes do not have to have Waardenburg syndrome. In fact, there have been discoveries of dark skinned, blue eyed people existing across Europe before there even were white people in Europe, so black people had blue eyes first.

Jean's hallucinations were just projections of her own subconscious racist thoughts, not empirical evidence. Storm, Black Panther, Misty Knight and Luke Cage were all drawn with the same basic features and colored the same by Byrne.

Stop trying to wiggle out this. Halle and Alexandra are more symptoms of Hollywood's colorist/racists proclivities, than some accurate portrayal of Ororo as depicted in the comics(where's my 5'11", stunning African goddess?).