Page 311 of 325 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 4870

Hell yes to linking Alpha Flight to Weapon X and borrowing from Millar’s ‘Assault on Weapon X’ arc. Great way to intro Nightcrawler and Rogue too. Possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Not all villains are made to be liked, the majority just exists to make the heroes suffer.
    I meant as a reader. Thought that was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hell yes to linking Alpha Flight to Weapon X and borrowing from Millar’s ‘Assault on Weapon X’ arc. Great way to intro Nightcrawler and Rogue too. Possibly.
    It's a good idea but I'd rather not repeat it since we basically already got a Nightcrawler like that in X2: X-Men United. I want a more classical representation of the X-Men in the MCU this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm starting to like the sound of these recent rumours/speculation. I'm keen on the idea of starting off with the Weapon X program, throwing in Alpha Flight (as agents of Weapon X?) and then have the X-Men rescue Wolverine. Or something.

Borrowing perhaps from the Assault on Weapon X arc from Mark Millar's Ultimate X-Men mixed with the Toyo Harada Harbinger Foundation from Valiant's Harbinger reboot
    I’ve been asking for this since the days of the Ultimate Marvel forum
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Yeah, that has potential.

yeah, lets start all the mutant thing with Wolverine, being the lead of another movie, and the X-Men coming years later... because thats exactly what the X-Men need at Marvel Studios.

Ha. Well, I’m here for that, but it sounds like from the rumors you’re reading it wrong. If they are to be believed, Logan will be rescued by the X-men from Alpha Flight (not in a separate AF movie but rather an X-men one), but he won’t join the team. Instead he’ll appear elsewhere around the MCU, including possibly in a Hulk vs Wolverine show or something. Which will give the other less popular/bankable X-men room to breathe and maybe they’ll achieve more success in their own right without him. We’ll see I guess.

I hope that’s exactly what they do myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    yeah, lets start all the mutant thing with Wolverine, being the lead of another movie, and the X-Men coming years later... because thats exactly what the X-Men need at Marvel Studios.
    And the x-men becoming Logan's background dancers again... i agree we need to change this

Agreed. I hope they take him out of the X-men as rumored and let him bounce around the broader MCU without them for a bit. I like the idea of them rescuing him from Alpha Flight/Dept H or Weapon X, however, so that at least he has some connection to the X-men (beyond his being a mutant) but then let them breathe without him... and let him do his thing without them. That would be fun for me as a Wolverine fan and an X-men fan both. Best of both worlds!

Astonishing Member

It would be cool to adopt the Necrosha storyline,it's a halfway between Krakoa scientific resurrections and a possible die off of mutants in House of M that mirrors post Thanos snap narrative.One you could narrate the story in a classical way of mutants mourning their loss,while bringing the sci fi element of bringing 'back' the lost mutants.It also finally gives us a female villain.If done right Selene could be a world threat like Hela. I really wish they could do a Necrosha storyline.

So, I wasn't very impressed with his O5 casting, but I think he nails the Giant Size casting. I still am hoping for a slightly younger take on the MCU X-Men, to put them around Spidey's age, and do something like 18-22 for the main team(casting upwards to 25 or so in real life actors, other than Logan's who should be no more than 35), but within what he's already established, this set feels almost perfect. I am still holding out for a slightly younger cast of relative newbies, but if we got this I would not be mad.

Rami Malek as Nightcrawler, for example, was mind-blowing, especially if they played up Kurt's Roma upbringing more directly. And the guy they pick for Logan is definitely the right kind of thinking. All in all a nearly flawless reasoning for these characters, so at the very least that guy understands these X-Men, let alone matched them with perfect little segments. Like, yes, that is Piotr and Ororo and Logan and Sean and Kurt. Well done with the editing at the very least.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Dude! Hell yes. This guys nails it. Across the board. Love all his picks.

Fantastic Member

Yeah the guy is dead on with his picks. I just hope the actors and actresses are still around by the time we actually get Xmen. I wanted Deborah Ayorinde for Storm though

A younger Mel Gibson would be my pick for Wolverine hands down. Well, aside from being a crazy racist now I suppose.

Didn’t even know he had a son. The guy is 30 and looks much older. Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

So, I wasn't very impressed with his O5 casting, but I think he nails the Giant Size casting. I still am hoping for a slightly younger take on the MCU X-Men, to put them around Spidey's age, and do something like 18-22 for the main team(casting upwards to 25 or so in real life actors, other than Logan's who should be no more than 35), but within what he's already established, this set feels almost perfect. I am still holding out for a slightly younger cast of relative newbies, but if we got this I would not be mad.

Rami Malek as Nightcrawler, for example, was mind-blowing, especially if they played up Kurt's Roma upbringing more directly. And the guy they pick for Logan is definitely the right kind of thinking. All in all a nearly flawless reasoning for these characters, so at the very least that guy understands these X-Men, let alone matched them with perfect little segments. Like, yes, that is Piotr and Ororo and Logan and Sean and Kurt. Well done with the editing at the very least.
    The only one I have a problem with is Banshee. Banshee was always more of the old vetran in the comics. I don't think making him the young point of view character is the way to go.

Otherwise, the choices seemed pretty good. I just wish he would have added Sunfire and Thunderbird to his video.