Page 262 of 325 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 4870

Pretty sure taking the Deadpool franchise as it stands out of competition would improve the quality of the genre.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I don't see the point. They're saying Marvel is damaging the genre, but this year brought us the highest grossing movie of all time in Avengers Endgame and one of the most profitable movies of all time in Joker. Marvel's competition is rising, as Joker proved. Their approach is changing too, as indicated by Disney Plus. So what's the point here? I remember reading articles about the collapse of superhero movies back in 2015. They've only gotten bigger, bolder, and more diverse since then.
    People keep recycling the same points year after year. Eventually, they'll be right and they'll ignore the decade of wrong predictions.

With all the movies bombing in theaters in 2019, there are clearly a ton of issues all over the place but not with Marvel or superheroes.

Marvel hasn't redeemed a failed franchise yet. Spider-man is the closest, but that was still in decent shape and Marvel's top hero. They've re-built characters, like Hulk, but not franchises. It'll be an interesting test to see if their brand can overcome the stank around X-Men and FF on film. I'm surprised they're not just throwing them in other movies, first.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I'm surprised they're not just throwing them in other movies, first.
    I wouldn't be so sure they won't be doing that. Phase Four was just locked before the Fox deal was.

Astonishing Member

People keep recycling the same points year after year. Eventually, they'll be right and they'll ignore the decade of wrong predictions.

With all the movies bombing in theaters in 2019, there are clearly a ton of issues all over the place but not with Marvel or superheroes.

Marvel hasn't redeemed a failed franchise yet. Spider-man is the closest, but that was still in decent shape and Marvel's top hero. They've re-built characters, like Hulk, but not franchises. It'll be an interesting test to see if their brand can overcome the stank around X-Men and FF on film. I'm surprised they're not just throwing them in other movies, first.
    I don't really think it's that big of a hurdle really at least not for the X-Men the X-Men franchise Still Remains one of Marvel's most popular properties. All it takes is one good movie with the right cast and the word of mouth will take care of the rest.

I like someone else mentioned the best part the MCU is does shared Universe aspect of it. You can quite literally Cameo, tease, buildup individual X-Men characters before an X-Men movie even drops.

BANNED

I absolutely think they saved Spiderman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure they won't be doing that. Phase Four was just locked before the Fox deal was.
    Kind of hoping for that, start sprinkling in cameos in other movies to help the build up.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-mutants.html/

Rumor is they might be developing an Excalibur movie.
    SCOOP – 11/7/19: Excalibur is coming to the MCU. Based on the Chris Claremont/Alan Davis comic-book series, Excalibur will be hybrid of fantasy and comedy featuring time travel, magic, and superheroics. This is part of Kevin Feige’s grand plan to inject new creative blood into the mutant franchise. If you’re wondering why Marvel Studios is introducing the Black Knight in The Eternals, this relatively obscure character is part of a larger overall goal, an X-Men offshoot that will be radically different from the main mutant films they will produce. Not only that, but it provides Captain Britain opportunities to soar. Imagine the MCU filtered through Time Bandits with a dash of Monty Python British humor.
    Don't quote me on any of this, I'm just the messenger. What would you think of an Excalibur movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Don't quote me on any of this, I'm just the messenger. What would you think of an Excalibur movie?
    I'd see it, but the premise is of zero interest to me.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I have a hard time reconciling Monty Python humor and the MCU. They don’t seem to fit together for me.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'd see it, but the premise is of zero interest to me.
    The MCU has a lot of movies I think that I’ll have zero interest in then they convert me somehow. It’s their superpower.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, if they wanted to reboot the X-Men without starting the X-Men movies all over again, there are a lot of titles they could use, and the comics have just revived some of them (Excalibur, Fallen Angels).

Now that the MCU has already done a whole movie set in the 1990s, they'd even have an excuse to dust off the Generation X name.

I’ve said elsewhere and possibly here that Excalibur is to X-Men as GotG is to Avengers.

Introducing Rachel Summers as the time traveling daughter trope would actually be taken in stride in the context of a zany cross-time caper.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I mean, if they wanted to reboot the X-Men without starting the X-Men movies all over again, there are a lot of titles they could use, and the comics have just revived some of them (Excalibur, Fallen Angels).

Now that the MCU has already done a whole movie set in the 1990s, they'd even have an excuse to dust off the Generation X name.
    I highly, highly doubt they're not going to make X-Men movies just because Fox did it first.

The MCU has a lot of movies I think that I’ll have zero interest in then they convert me somehow. It’s their superpower.
    I was thinking about that. It could happen, but I think there's a lot of stuff I'd rather see adapted first.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I highly, highly doubt they're not going to make X-Men movies just because Fox did it first.
    They are going to make X-Men movies, whether they have X-Men in the title is the question.