Page 251 of 325 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    And that is why Fox should have just stopped with DOFP.
    Why stop at when the story is just beginning again for the first time?

I remember origins though, sabertooth and wolverine are brothers although X1 barely references that they are. It was almost kind of like star wars. Anakin and C3PO were buddies in the prequels and in the original trilogy, Vader barely acknowledges him, C3PO does not even tell the others Anakin created him.
    Threepio was mind-wiped, so he wouldn't remember and it wasn't like Vader shared a room with him him much (much less willingly talks about his past). (In Legends, there was the "Thank the Maker" comic story, though.) The only sticky questions, IMHO, are if Artoo should've recognized Ben Kenobi or Yoda when first meeting them; the former I think is written in a way that it can fit, if only just. As far as Yoda goes, I don't recall him and Artoo having much contact during the prequels.

I find the X-Men movies did it worse, since it's really hard to imagine Victor Creed and Sabretooth being the same person even beyond the fact that the two actors looked nothing alike. IMHO, if we were to assume that they were the same character and overlook the differences, Logan's amnesia would explain why he doesn't recall anything and X1 Sabretooth is so quiet that there's nothing to preclude him knowing who Logan is. His extra interest in Logan during that movie makes more sense with a backstory like in Origins then if it's just a random new mutant where we don't know where he comes from or what his beef is.

the truth is prequels always create problems and inconsistencies but sometimes you need to know when to stop. Fox didn't and they need to take their share of responsibilities of the future failures they suffered because of this with X-men Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.
    I think the teams working on the movies not being up to scratch had more to do with it then anything else.

I thought C3P0 had a back up system.
    Nope. The Poe Dameron comics do show something similar for him, but Threepio's erased prequel memories are gone. The "Phantom Limb" one-shot comic not only confirms that one, but also offers some interesting insights to droid mind wipes.

The other inconsistency was Leia saying Padma died when she was young but the prequels states leia was an infant when Padme died.
    Always thought they should've gone with a Force impression, like how we learn in ESB that it's possible to see "many things" through it, like "old friends long gone" or something like that.

There is an age issue in star wars, same as first class. In X1, xavier said he was a boy when he met Magneto and I think he said he was 17. This does not match first class unless Xavier graduated oxford at 17, One can buy xavier calling himself a boy. In England most unmarried men in the 60s were called boys.

For me though, it was when they time jumped 20 years in X-Men apocalypse that it all got too much and ridiculous. As if it could not get any worse, it was basically supposed to be a fresh reboot that was impossible to sell to fans or an audience because of DOFP and Logan and the links the first class cast had to those films.

Both Star wars episode 2 and DOFP were sequels that took place 10 years after the first prequel films. Another disadvantages of prequels, they love to age things so fast to catch up to the main story. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It worked mostly for star wars, it did not work at all for x-men.
    I think the lack of aging in the First Class cast should be just chalked up to the age of the actors and left at that. In the case of Star Wars, the only real thing that stands out is that Ben Kenobi looks a good deal older then he would've been from the prequels due to those being moved forward in time then originally intended, and even then it's been more or less canonically confirmed that Ben was prematurely aged (partially due to Tattoine's brutal climate, and I'm sure the stresses and cares of life in hiding didn't help).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So IT just broke bank. Obviously there is market for these movies and with disney's backing, there is money to be made if the comic genre tries this market.

Hey Disney, any chance you would give us xmen horror movie stories like we have read in the comics? You can't do better than New mutant and X-Force comics for marvel stories.

Why not have the MCU make an X-Force Angel vs Demon story. If DC can do Joker, Fox could do Logan. I except the same for MCU.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-09-2019 at 09:19 AM.

I don't even get what was the point of the decade-long time skips given how little the settings mattered after DoFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't even get what was the point of the decade-long time skips given how little the settings mattered after DoFP.
    It was stupid on fox part. I think Fox wanted to eat their cake and have it. Reboot the series without the hard work

They were doing decade long skips to try and catch up to the present time of 2010s. Remember, it started as a prequel then it became a full reboot after DOFP, you cant have full reboots taking place in the past, that was why they were time jumping.

This young cast did a cameo in Deadpool 2 that takes place in 2018.

I have no doubt the next movie would have been in the 2000s, the other next 2010s until they catch up to real time.

I would say that Mathew Vaughn is a genius. one of the best directors and writers working in hollywood with his own personal film style I love, and like any genius, he called it that DOFP would be a problematic movie for the series and the movie could only work as an end to end all things but Kinberg and even Singer did not listen.

The future of the X-men should take a Sinister turn.
    Sinister is interesing and fun but also the perfect guy to build up throught different movies. Fox ruined Apocalypse already but Sinister still has potential

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    The future of the X-men should take a Sinister turn.
    Sinister is interesing and fun but also the perfect guy to build up throught different movies. Fox ruined Apocalypse already but Sinister still has potential
    I agree. We're past due for a live-action Sinister
    Make Good Art

I noticed Magneto was trending, and, I think this is why:

https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/09...x-magneto-poc/

My take: Magneto being Jewish? Non-negotiable. Magneto being white? Non-essential.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-12-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Annoying how social media trends don’t discriminate between actual news and reports from “full circle cinema” about things Kevin Feige is “considering”

I mean, I guess it’s valid as a conversation starter even if the original report is 100% BS.

A lot of the twitter reaction seems to be “cool as long as Magneto is still Jewish” which that sounds right to me. Others are using it as a chance to post sexy Magneto panels which I also support!

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Annoying how social media trends don’t discriminate between actual news and reports from “full circle cinema” about things Kevin Feige is “considering”

I mean, I guess it’s valid as a conversation starter even if the original report is 100% BS.

A lot of the twitter reaction seems to be “cool as long as Magneto is still Jewish” which that sounds right to me. Others are using it as a chance to post sexy Magneto panels which I also support!
    Yeah, the only reason I posted it was because I saw it trending, so I figured it would be making its way here sooner rather than later.

Extraordinary Member

Put me in the camp of those who hope he'll just avoid both Xavier and Magneto, not forever, but at first.

I haven't liked everything Feige did with Spider-Man, but I thought it was a good decision to avoid villains who had already been done and generally try to build a new movie franchise that didn't have a lot of overlap with existing ones.

I would also accept if they did something out-of-left-field with Magneto like making him take Xavier's place (which would not be out-of-left-field for comics fans, of course, but I mean for movie audiences). But please, no more Xavier's philosophy vs. Magneto's philosophy stuff for at least another decade.

erik's so goddamn hot how does this man not have an appreciation thread he'll always be my mutant overlord
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Put me in the camp of those who hope he'll just avoid both Xavier and Magneto, not forever, but at first.

I haven't liked everything Feige did with Spider-Man, but I thought it was a good decision to avoid villains who had already been done.

I would also accept if they did something out-of-left-field with Magneto like making him take Xavier's place (which would not be out-of-left-field for comics fans, of course, but I mean for movie audiences). But please, no more Xavier's philosophy vs. Magneto's philosophy stuff for at least another decade.
    I do agree that it shouldn't be the focus. But I do feel like Xavier at least needs to be there. Magneto... doesn't.

we need evo magneto in the mcu where he only cameos in the early stories to float ominously outside the window of the principal's office, seen by absolutely no one
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I do agree that it shouldn't be the focus. But I do feel like Xavier at least needs to be there. Magneto... doesn't.
    Yeah, I admit that avoiding Xavier would be difficult, especially if they go with a young team of X-Men as they probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    we need evo magneto in the mcu where he only cameos in the early stories to float ominously outside the window of the principal's office, seen by absolutely no one
    I read EVA Magneto and

MAFEX_No._080_Evangelion_EVA-01_2_1200x1200 2.jpg