Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    To be fair we don't know how the X-Men movies are gonna go. I don't think they'll be anything like The Winter Soldier. Even when it comes to being mature, they'll probably have a bit more humor. And that's fine, as long as it's also really serious when it needs to be(unlike say Ragnarok and GOTG).
    That is true but never stops some people going X-men is going to be worse thing rather hey the X-men could be as good Winter Soldier in tone. Every argument seems to be X-men is going to GoTG or Antman and every movie from the other side was Logan and Dark Knight. It is never I hope MCU X-movies are quality of Black Panther and Winter Soldier and thank God the studio who made those FF movies, X3, Wolverine Origins, Dark Phoenix and New Mutants(yeah i am counting this) are not making X-men movies any more.

It is never rational argument which is what do you prefer "bunch of clear strikeouts but with maybe one amazing movie maybe the best of kind" or "bunch of solid but entertaining movies with couple that slightly elevate above that". We never get to talk about Swing Big Miss Big or Just hit singles and get on base because all as you keep on scoring you will win. I can at least respect a person that goes that getting Logan or Days of future past is worth junk that was sometimes made but it is never that. I am not even this a super MCU fan but approach of just make solid movies is consumer friendly and every once awhile a great director like Russo or Coogler will elevate the stuff. Stuff like Fantastic 4, Wolverine Origins, Justice League have killed movies after them ability to be made and kill fan trust in franchise. Remember Universal Dark Universe? Sequels Mortal Instruments, The Darkest Minds, Divergent Sequels? We have gotten to enjoy the Marvel universe many characters and long form story simple because Marvel doesn't make bad movies. I wish more studios made solid movies with reasonable budgets making sequels possible.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-03-2019 at 11:00 PM.