Page 127 of 325 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind if Wolverine didn't join the X-MEN for 2 or 3 movie's.

Wolverine vs Hulk
    New Avengers
    Wolverine Solo Film

He can go all over the MCU. But he'll most likely be in X1 from the start.
    There is no reason to use the most famous X character in New Avengers before in X-Men. Wolverine is X-Man first and always will be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    There is no reason to use the most famous X character in New Avengers before in X-Men. Wolverine is X-Man first and always will be.
    That ideology is what led to the fox X-Men becoming wolverine and friend, not that I blame them, but X-Men can do better than that

Amazing Member

I honestly wouldn't mind if Wolverine didn't join the X-MEN for 2 or 3 movie's.

Wolverine vs Hulk
    New Avengers
    Wolverine Solo Film

He can go all over the MCU. But he'll most likely be in X1 from the start.
    But what purpose does that serve? You're giving him even more exposure by putting him in different films like that. I'm fine with him being in the team from jump, as long as his presence isnt overwhelming. To not put Wolverine in an X-Men movie is a little backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonflyJones View Post
    But what purpose does that serve? You're giving him even more exposure by putting him in different films like that. I'm fine with him being in the team from jump, as long as his presence isnt overwhelming. To not put Wolverine in an X-Men movie is a little backwards.
    They differentiate it from Fox while still making use of a very popular character. Although I do think he'll be an X-Men but I am confident that he won't be in the first movie

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonflyJones View Post

I clearly said he'll be in X1

. But he'll most likely be in X1 from the start.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I love that you insist on derailing a conversation about God Loves, Man Kills vs. X2 by attempting to use "well, the MCU has done worse" defense. It comes off as wanting to rant and rave at worst and lacking an argument for the current topic at best.

Stryker never leaped from mutation is a disease to kill or mutants. When Stryker suggested the cure, it was years ago when he son was a kid. If I add the DOFP timeline, Stryker at that point was not a mutant hater. There was no leap.

What I cannot accept is the change in methodology. Strkyer in the comics is the silvertongue, a man whose zeal and words could sway the masses and how the same words led to his own downfall.

In the film, Stryker needs to fake a crisis in order to get what he wants, his underlings were not swayed by his charisma or were already opportunists, and he dies ranting about his life's work rather than being publicly discredited. Stryker was publicly discredited on live television where as film Stryker was discredited posthumously.

I must have missed that in the film or did I, it was his charisma and not just his charisma but cut-throat opinions that made the president give him the pass to invade Xavier's home. The allegories of Stryker and Hitler becomes uncanny. Very important in 2019 too with all the fake news we have to endure today about minorities and immigrants.

Mr freeze was trying to save his wife too. Stryker was not that lucky. Also Mr Freeze is not someone I will compare to nazis like Styker. this is not a conversation about comics vs movies. No movie has ever adapted their comics page by page and words by words. Comics will always be better than movies but movies can be weaker to other movies. This was a conversation about the future of xmen dealing with allegories now they are in the MCU. MCU has shown to be the much weaker dealing with allegories, now that X-Men is in the MCU, MCU needs to do much better than what they have done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    That ideology is what led to the fox X-Men becoming wolverine and friend, not that I blame them, but X-Men can do better than that
    Marvel gets the blame since marvel are the owners and should know X-men better. Fox had X-men by license.if it turns out to be wolverine and friends, that is the MCU problem not Fox, though wolverine and friends will be better than Avengers/GOTG/X-men as friends. Will Marvel want to distinguish why mutants are supposed to be hated and feared? it is not a money maker and hurts the appeal of a cinematic universe of heroes.

The Homecoming rumours are laughable. A better movie is Dr Strange since that is the only stand alone mcu movie that does not feel dependant on the cinematic background but the writing , themes, directing and allegories has to be superior than what they gave us with Dr strange for X-men.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 01-11-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post

I must have missed that in the film or did I, it was his charisma and not just his charisma but cut-throat opinions that made the president give him the pass to invade Xavier's home.
    He's the one that ordered the strike on the president using Nightcrawler, so the president was more willing to let him go after Xavier. This was made in the post-9/11, post-Vietnam world. We know how terrorists would use civilian locations to hide their forces. It's less charisma and more of an overly expensive appeal to fear.

The allegories of Stryker and Hitler becomes uncanny. Very important in 2019 too with all the fake news we have to endure today about minorities and immigrants.
    Mr freeze was trying to save his wife too. Stryker was not that lucky. Also Mr Freeze is not someone I will compare to nazis like Styker.
    I hate how we're talking about wannabe klansmen as if they were the Nazi Party. While they do tick off some of the boxes of Umberto Eco's definition of fascism, specifically the obsession with a plot and fear of difference, Stryker fails having a cult of action for action's sake, selective populism, and many others.

this is not a conversation about comics vs movies.

It certainly was. Here were the original claim that started the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Except they stripped down all the complex religious allegories and made Stryker a mutant hating bigot because of family reasons instead of being a madman believing he's God's sacred avenger and family reasons. I liked it better in the comics when he was shot by some no name police officer because the officer was a decent person not wanting to see children killed on live tv rather than the X-Men.

No movie has ever adapted their comics page by page and words by words. Comics will always be better than movies but movies can be weaker to other movies. This was a conversation about the future of xmen dealing with allegories now they are in the MCU. MCU has shown to be the much weaker dealing with allegories, now that X-Men is in the MCU, MCU needs to do much better than what they have done in the past.
    I agree. A shot-for-shot adaptation would not be appealing, but the comics being better than the movies is an outright myth: Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox is superior to its comic counterpart because it actually focused on the main character and didn't spend weeks on end making the world a darker place and Superman vs. the Elite was well loved because it expanded on the characters introduced in "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, & the American Way?" This isn't event talking about individual cartoon episodes. Justice League's "For the Man Who Has Everything" was said to be a superior product to the comics by Alan Moore, the guy who is the most critical of any of adaptations of his works. The Clone Saga was handled much better in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon. Your non-sequiturs about the MCU are just a way to force your hated of a franchise into this conversation which originally was a comparison between comic Stryker and X2 Stryker.

BANNED

Today I'll remind them

Wolverine can be introduced elsewhere before becoming an X-Men, yeah, but he should definetely not actually become an Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wolverine can be introduced elsewhere before becoming an X-Men, yeah, but he should definetely not actually become an Avenger.
    Do you think any X-characters should become Avengers? Avengers may be losing a good chunk of their top members soon and the X-Men movies obviously can't include everyone so it would make sense put someone like Beast there. That's why I don't mind Wolverine just joining that team because he was pretty much the main character of the last few X-Men movies to the point where I feel like he needs a break from the X-Men movies period. Since once of the best parts of the MCU is having the entire Marvel Universe, there is no point in isolating the X-Men and not playing with these opportunities. Other characters that could join instead could be Beast and Sunspot since they have a good history with the team or even someone like Gambit.

All I'm trying to say is that there is a whole universe and scores of characters. The X-Men can only really focus on so many at a time so putting other characters all over the shared universe could work

For me, the best Wolverine is Wolverine in moderation mixed with the other X-Men, as in classic Claremont X-Men. Fox never achieved that balance. I think there are plenty of opportunities to showcase Logan in new ways, in a more balanced way, that would appeal to large audiences. I for one, have been tickled at the thought of a Daniel Radcliff Wolverine having to look up to Storm and Cyclops(both, physically, because they are taller than him, but also in terms of power and position on the team), being buddies with Kurt and Piotr, being menaced(and dwarfed) by a Jason Momoa Sabretooth. Just don't make him the central character(to the exclusion of all others) again, and he'll be fine.

a338de3be9cd4ded7b9b0a3db18b9ef0.jpg

Jason-Momoa05.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Looks like deal should be done next month. Now Feige will be able to talk X-MEN during Avengers Press Run in April

In one of the last steps in the regulatory review of Disney’s $71.3 billion deal to buy most of 21st Century Fox, regulators in Brazil appear to be poised to approve the transaction on Wednesday.
    Disney-Fox Deal Nears Final Approval After Progress In Brazil And Mexico to
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

10 days!!!

Looks like deal should be done next month. Now Feige will be able to talk X-MEN during Avengers Press Run in April

Disney-Fox Deal Nears Final Approval After Progress In Brazil And Mexico to
    Never thought this day would actually come. I’m so excited for the future!