Page 1 of 325 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default The future of the X-Men on the big screen

EDIT: *In honor of ChildOfTheAtom's fallen thread*

With the AT&T/Time Warner merger being approved yesterday, we may see Comcast get a little braver with its bidding despite the judge's warning of the "temptation" to view the AT&T decision as "something more than a resolution of this specific case should be resisted by one and all!"

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/12/medi...ing/index.html

I think going to bat with Disney will be a futile attempt but it's one I expect to happen simply because the Fox shareholders, which are set to vote in July against Murdoch's Disney deal are going to get greedy. They'll probably want to see if they can get the House of Mouse to up their offer before its over.

That's just my $.02 but something else has been on my mind, if Comcast somehow gets Fox's assets other than Sky, would the X-Men revert back to Marvel and thus Disney? Is that something we are speculating on or is that a very clear yes or no? I would imagine none of us have access to the details of that deal made back in the 90's. I'd love to get an attorney's input and I might try and find one online that can speak to it.

Folks, one thing is clear. No matter what the outcome is or which side you're on...Bryan Singer and Brett Ratner are done with the X-Men. No matter what happens, I'm looking forward to a MUCH better representation of the X-Men and a much needed reboot on-screen in the future.

Let the war for the X-Men begin...Comcast isn't going down easy.

UPDATE: Comcast got pwned, again. - https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...t-century-fox/
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 06-20-2018 at 01:39 PM.

BANNED

Honestly I'm disturbed that the Government hasn't been stepping in and shooting down these mega-mergers on anti-trust concerns. We're reaching the point where you have a very few major media conglomerates controlling the entire entertainment industry, and that's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly I'm disturbed that the Government hasn't been stepping in and shooting down these mega-mergers on anti-trust concerns. We're reaching the point where you have a very few major media conglomerates controlling the entire entertainment industry, and that's not good.
    Why would Trump's government stop big businesses from getting bigger?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Why would Trump's government stop big businesses from getting bigger?
    https://www.thewrap.com/att-time-war...dding-war-fox/

"With U.S. District Judge Richard Leon shooting down the Trump Justice Department’s antitrust arguments over AT&T’s $85.4 billion acquisition of Time Warner, many expect an open season for the M&A sector — starting with the Fox assets."

I don't follow politics if I can help it but wouldn't that mean Trump was against the merger?

BANNED

Trump was against the merger because Time Warner owns CNN, not because of his opposition to big business.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Trump was against the merger because Time Warner owns CNN, not because of his opposition to big business.
    Just like his war on the NFL has nothing to do with patriotism, and everything to do with the NFL barring him from team ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Just like his war on the NFL has nothing to do with patriotism, and everything to do with the NFL barring him from team ownership.
    And....ya'know......the racism.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

They have no future. No matters who keeps the rights, the superhero trend is going to die after avengers 4 and people will be tired of the whole thing after that.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    They have no future. No matters who keeps the rights, the superhero trend is going to die after avengers 4 and people will be tired of the whole thing after that.
    That's something that I'm actually concerned about.

i think at this point, disney is not going to lose the rights. they'll up their offer if they need to. they are close to the finish line and won't simply give up. comcast is trash, disrupting this would make me hate them even more

Last edited by xfire2k13; 06-13-2018 at 01:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    Comcast bids $65 billion for 21st Century Fox assets
    Yeah, Disney is not going to overbid that.

BANNED

Disney is a powerful entity that is trusted and liked by the public....comcast....not so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Disney is a powerful entity that is trusted and liked by the public....comcast....not so much.
    Disney has also been facing backlash in the past for their heavy-handedness with the fanbase (they may ben even WORSE than Lucasfilm ever was in that regard).

I read somewhere that the rights to Marvel characters that Fox owned would transfer back to Marvel upon the completion of the sale. Is that true?