Page 110 of 325 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    Why was the dark phoenix thread closed?
    The poster above you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The poster above you.
    LOL. Looking like this thread will soon be closed too!

Why do we lock threads and not IP addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Why do we lock threads and not IP addresses?
    Because the poster in question hasn't broken any rules. Just has a strong divisive opinion. I have him on ignore, but he hasn't broken any rules technically.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because the poster in question hasn't broken any rules. Just has a strong divisive opinion. I have him on ignore, but he hasn't broken any rules technically.
    I’m pretty sure being off-topic is against the rules.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    What's different is that it would be the umpteenth "x-men" film in the last 20 years. All the basic relationships are known by the audience... so we'd be hearing a similar song played by MCU's instrumentation. The first trilogy banked on Wolverine as the POV character and soaked him in loner and reluctant hero tropes. The second run of films banked on the rivalry/bromance between Charles and Magneto, with Mystique moving back and forth. The movies have never dealt with how the members of the X-Men feel about their roles and relationship to Xavier's ideology. I'm suggesting Storm as "central" because her essential conflict is about compromising her own character in order to lead the X-Men family in the absence of ideologues.
    You're stating nothing that hasn't been stated numerous times in this very thread and across dozens more in regards to the Fox X-men. Agreed and understood, however you're suggestion to gut or remove several key members of the X-men, not unlike Fox, transplant Storm as Wolverine, like Fox, and use her rich and diverse background and stories to move the franchise forward in new directions. I feel as if the simple idea we dump long standing members limit story telling potential, and focus on central characters in any form continues the trend of the Xmen revolving around one person. It shouldn't!

Storm can function, operate, and grow without the ghosts of the some of the core X-men dead, and she should and shine as brilliantly as the character is.

I'm sorry if you've been led to believe I feel the MCU X-Men films should have Storm as the sole POV character. I'm suggesting Storm's essential conflict serve as the introductory narrative for the first MCUXM film.
    My apologies the incessant pitches for Storm to be the focal point in and around the X-men where all characters arcs intersect through her, I must of been confused! Sometimes intent is misconstrued...

Your-tone-seems-very-pointed.gif

Amazing Member

Here's an unpopular opinion, but does the X-Men need a future on the big screen? Let's be real under the Feige regime they may get 2-3 film franchises, but TV could be where the X-Men can dominate. Think about it what big franchises do Marvel have left for TV? Blade? Moon Knight? She-Hulk? However an X-Factor or Generation X show could rival what DC Universe is doing with Titans and Doom Patrol. Not trolling just thinking objectively.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Really thinking on it, like others have said. A new animated series would be great. It just allowed for more flexibility. Having episodes, rather than just one 1 and a half to 2 hour film.

Using the classic characters, but also adding in other B-Listers that could use more exposure. Warpath, Domino, Monet and the other GenX members. Or do a GenX series like the original comic.

I'd be more excited about that. Though wishful thinking that all the characters be at their very best. lol

The Fox-Men films have hardly scratched the surface of the X-Men's big screen potential, even after 20 years. They were far too conservative, and only focused on like 4 characters. I think there's far more to be mined there. That said, I do think the X-Men would shine in a GOT-level show, due to the serial nature of comics and the number of well developed characters to address. I'd love 8-10 seasons of 10 hours each fleshing out their stories, as long as the budget is there to properly realize their powers and their world. With the coming Disney Play format including MCU film actors/characters, I think the path is set. I want the series to do the heavy lifting for the characterization, and the big screen films can be the 'x-over' events.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

I just want more solo and duo movies. FoX-Men could never shy away from Wolverine, Magneto, and Xavier. When Mystique was added into the equation to take Logan's place, it just got grating because no problem was solved.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 10-13-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

The Fox-Men films have hardly scratched the surface of the X-Men's big screen potential, even after 20 years. They were far too conservative, and only focused on like 4 characters. I think there's far more to be mined there. That said, I do think the X-Men would shine in a GOT-level show, due to the serial nature of comics and the number of well developed characters to address. I'd love 8-10 seasons of 10 hours each fleshing out their stories, as long as the budget is there to properly realize their powers and their world. With the coming Disney Play format including MCU film actors/characters, I think the path is set. I want the series to do the heavy lifting for the characterization, and the big screen films can be the 'x-over' events.
    Yeah... no.

I'm not departing the quality of MCU vs XCU films I like them both please lets leave it at there but one thing the MCU does do better is in each film through all the CGI and Jokes they give every character a moment it might be a moment to reflect on how the events of the film is affecting them or a moment to tells more about their past or a moment of to get a hint of their lives outside of the costumes like the Farm and Hawkeye's in AOU or Wanda and Vision in Civil War. I want that for any MCU X-Men a moment where perhaps Storm's claustrophobia is addressed, Scott and Jean as a Couple, the team playing basketball or baseball, someone wrecking the Danger Room for the first time, I want those moments.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah... no.
    Uh, what?

Who would not want 80-100 hours of high budget, well-developed, tight continuity X-Men stories?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Uh, what?

Who would not want 80-100 hours of high budget, well-developed, tight continuity X-Men stories?
    I mean even if we had that kind of production, I don't think it can be on the same level as GoT.