Page 296 of 325 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 4870
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Now I do like this idea. A mutant illuminati and telepathic council, the hydra angle and pure bloods and th le cosmic energy of the snap. The governments having registration laws and the remnants of fallen agencies forming Orchis. I think it all works.
    I love your idea of the Externals being like purebloods.Operating like some Cabal taking care of mutants through history but also a sort of mutant supremacy movement that Xavier and his school don't want to be part of.It
    could also be great to say Sinister is not a mutant but through gene splicing has created a few mutants for the Nazis and so perhaps he is the one with the Nazis who created the Children of the Vault or the Weapon X programme,as he's been fighting a secret war against the Externals.This dovetails nicely into the Messiah war storyline why when Hope and Cable appear they are sought out as a treasure by the Externals,X-Men,Weapon X or marked for death by the Children of the Vault. It would also be cool to fuse the idea that the Phoenix force is an entity kept by the Celestials as some creator with no will of its own but is an entity that has agency with whoever it serves,so Cable stole the entity from containment by Celestials and housed it in Hope to give them a fighting chance as their universe is ravaged by the Phalanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So... the first MCU X-men movie centers on Professor X, Storm, Cyclops and Havok freeing Wolverine from Department K and fighting Omega Flight, including Diamond Lil and Wild Child? Nah. Not buying this rumor.
    I thought it would be a Weapon X series and not a first X-Men movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    New rumour from Mikey Sutton.

Wolverine won't be a team player at first and won't join X-Men in first movie.
    Will have his Weapon X story and will be saved from there by Prof X, Storm, Cyke and Havok.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-the-mcu.html/
    So... the first MCU X-men movie centers on Professor X, Storm, Cyclops and Havok freeing Wolverine from Department K and fighting Omega Flight, including Diamond Lil and Wild Child? Nah. Not buying this rumor.
    That is pretty close to how Logan was introduced to the X-Men in the Ultimate Universe. The X-Men "rescue" him from Weapon X when really it was a ploy by Magneto to get him on the inside so he could assassinate Professor X. It didn't have Omega Flight but I wouldn't expect a shot for shot recreation of the book. Count me in.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

More rumours or scoops from Sutton.

No script. Just a discussion so far.
    X-Men team are:
    Cyke
    Jean
    Thunderbird
    Havok
    Sunfire
    Nightcrawler
    Storm

https://youtu.be/A4FqC2ef8W8

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That is pretty close to how Logan was introduced to the X-Men in the Ultimate Universe. The X-Men "rescue" him from Weapon X when really it was a ploy by Magneto to get him on the inside so he could assassinate Professor X. It didn't have Omega Flight but I wouldn't expect a shot for shot recreation of the book. Count me in.
    That’s true. And then in the 616 they did that retcon where Logan was sent by Romulus to do the same thing. The Ultimate version was better. Regardless, if they want to make him the dangerous Weapon X-tortured assassin at first I’m here for it. The stuff about Omega Flight and Diamond Lil and Wild Child seemed a bit random, but it seems that that’s not the basis of the entire film...

More rumours or scoops from Sutton.

No script. Just a discussion so far.
    X-Men team are:
    Cyke
    Jean
    Thunderbird
    Havok
    Sunfire
    Nightcrawler
    Storm

https://youtu.be/A4FqC2ef8W8
    Now that’s more like it and seems to make more sense. This is basically the ANAD team, just with Havok subbed for Banshee and no Colossus (wonder why? Perhaps because he’s in the Deadpool films?). But I like that it involves the mission to Krakoa (and supposedly Thunderbird dying on said mission). That would seem to be setting up more in the future with Krakoa, and the reference to Xavier’s as Hogwarts to me implies that maybe we’ll see some Krakoan gateways at some point.

Of course, the above doesn’t really track with this new rumor from another “trusted source” that the X-men and FF will be based off of their 1610 Universe (Ultimate Universe) versions...

https://www.screengeek.net/2020/05/2...en-plans-leak/

I’ve seen this one popping up more and more lately. Honestly, I liked the Ultimate Universe. At least up until Ultimatum. Plus the MCU has taken a lot of inspiration from the Ultimate U (Fury, the Triskelion, how they intro’d Cap in the present day, etc.). So I wouldn’t mind that either. Just give me the X-men sooner rather than later. Not trying to wait 4-5 years to see them again. Even if they’re just cameos in other films or Disney+ shows, let’s go, Feige!

I still think is a bit early for us to have those kind of rumors. But is always nice do dream/speculate. I hope we get to her something in the virtual SDCC this year. At least a more concrete tease or confirmation on when we could expect an X-Men movie to come.

In the meantime, I like the idea of a 7 diverse members team ŕ la Giant Size for the first line-up. I like if they go to Krakoa since I'm loving Dawn of X and I thin the island would truly make them unique and apart from the rest of the MCU. They can eventually study and live at the school and train in the island. The Danger Room, the crazy labs all in the Island. Forge could live in the island.

I like this rumor's initial line-up but would add Rogue instead of Sunfire. As much as I like the character, I think this team could use another female and Rogue's power is more unique then his. Specially with Human Torch also coming soon.

My ideal first line-up would try and mainly incorporate the X-Men done wrong/underused by Fox:

Cyclops (or Havok)
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Rogue
    Thunderbird (or Forge)
    Betsy (or Jean)
    Colossus

Rogue could be the audience's POV but not emo Rogue instead a wielder wreckless former villain searching for redemption.

I would definitely keep Wolverine in his own thing before joining. And no Magneto for now.

I could see the introduction of mutants in the MCU as follows:

The Eternals: a hint that they are responsible for mutation. Tease at Apocalypse and Selene
    WandaVision: confirmation Wanda and Quicksilver were mutants. Tease of Magneto and Polaris
    Shang-Chi: introduction of Kwannon and Silver Samurai
    DS2: Confirmation other mutants exist. Introduction of Professor X and Cyclops
    BP2: introduction of Storm and Namor
    Falcon and TWS: Introduction of Betsy and Nightcrawler
    CM2: introduction of Rogue and the Brotherhood (Mystique, Destiny, Blob and Pyro)
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 05-24-2020 at 08:03 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I like the idea of Wolverine being his own thing for awhile. The X-men rescue him from Weapon X, but he takes off on his own after that, and doesn’t actually join the team for another film or two. Meanwhile, he pops up in other places across the MCU.

I would love to see Fury find him and recruit him to hunt down the Hulk perhaps, who has gone rogue again (maybe as a result of something that happens in the Dis+ She-Hulk show), and then we get that rumored Hulk vs. Wolverine series. They could base it loosely on the Ultimate mini series of the same name, but in this one perhaps The Leader shows up and has created the Wendigo; so it becomes a 3-way battle between the Hulk, Wendigo and Logan just like in his first appearance. Also, let’s finally see a Grey Hulk in the MCU.

After that? Maybe cameos in other Dis+ shows or feature films until he eventually joins up with the MCU X-men. I’m all for that. Gives the other mutants some space to breathe without him, while allowing him to show up in other places.

And with his penchant for popping up all over the Marvel U and all his connections to other characters, he could be kind of like the Phase 4/Phase 5 version of Nick Fury.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-24-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Captain Marvel isnt an Avenger. She's purely planted in the space. Black Panther is the King of Wakanda and also never joined the Avengers. Dr. Strange never joined the team either. Hawkeye is off retired after just reuniting with his family. Thor left for space and I doubt he will return after his final move. The Avengers as it stands arent a real official team but a collection of heroes that come together when threats arise. The last time we've seen them actively together as a regular team was in Civil War. The way Endgame ended didnt give the impression that they went back to that status quo. I think everyone went back to picking up their own seperate lives, many of whom had been MIA for 5 years. There will eventually be another Avengers movie and they will have heroes to fill those ranks, but as of now in the MCU, the team doesnt exist in that same capacity. The MCU is not saturated with superhero teams and there most definitely is space for the X-men to step in as their own unique thing
    The concept of what constitutes an “Avenger” in the Phase 4 MCU is much looser than super agents that signed up for the Avengers:Initiative via Fury and SHIELD and then agreed to the Sokovia Accords.
    Any hero that answered that ENDGAME “Avengers Assemble!” call is fair game Avenger.

Weekend full of rumors by Sutton.

Kitty and Lockheed will be introduced in Agents of Sword D+(Armor, Shi`ar and Brood are also rumored to be introduced in that show). Then she will join Excalibur D+ series which Whedon is in talks to direct.

Much more earlier Excalibur was rumored as a trilogy with Black Knight, Cap Britain, Kitty, Psylocke and Nightcrawler.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-24-2020 at 09:40 AM.

So many rumors... starting to sound like maybe wishful thinking, but I hope he’s right. Would love to see all these characters eventually show up in the MCU, either in feature films or Dis+ series. I’d also love to see a R-rated corner for stuff like Blade, Deadpool and X-Force. Maybe under the 20th Century Films banner.

So many rumors... starting to sound like maybe wishful thinking, but I hope he’s right. Would love to see all these characters eventually show up in the MCU, either in feature films or Dis+ series. I’d also love to see a R-rated corner for stuff like Blade, Deadpool and X-Force. Maybe under the 20th Century Films banner.
    How I understand, rumors are from brainstorming meetings or planned things.

It will be possible to make more detailed rumors when production grids will be released for projects when they will be in development. Such things arrive not long before real announcement.

Astonishing Member

All kinds of rumors floating around, lol. So far the mcu has a good track record of making things that sound dumb, work on screen, it the X-men movie rumors don’t sound very interesting at all...

How I understand, rumors are from brainstorming meetings or planned things.

It will be possible to make more detailed rumors when production grids will be released for projects when they will be in development. Such things arrive not long before real announcement.
    I hope you’re right and we get some announcements soon. Especially casting. And this does kind of gel with Liefeld’s recent rant that they’ve put Deadpool 3 on the back burner to focus on revamping the X-men for the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    All kinds of rumors floating around, lol. So far the mcu has a good track record of making things that sound dumb, work on screen, it the X-men movie rumors don’t sound very interesting at all...
    True. And I’ll be honest, if at the core of all these rumors they are...

- introducing the ANAD team and Krakoa;
    - having Logan be a dangerous and tortured Weapon X assassin who does not join the team right away; and
    - putting the mutants in cameos in other films and Dis+ shows in Phase 4 prior to releasing an X-men film in Phase 5;

... then count me in! Sounds awesome.

There’s so much they can borrow from in the comics with the “Wolverine as Weapon X” angle. As mentioned, he can hunt the Hulk for Fury (‘Hulk vs. Wolverine’), as well as take on other MCU characters a la ‘Enemy of the State’ in the comics. Could be rad if done right.

This is how I think the X-Men should be introduced into the MCU.
    1st I’d go the old school Marvel route basically mutants lived in the shadows for decades due to their low numbers but the Snap has returned people and activating some of those returned latent mutant gene making mutants now be a larger group in society.

Rogue in CM2 with Mystique and Destiny, Mystique is pretending to be Skrull and at the end of the film a cameo of Xavier recruiting Rogue.

Storm cameo in BP2 after he parents death in Cairo and Shadow King she was sent by Xavier to her mother’s tribe which land borders Wakanda and thus she know T’Challa.

Gambit gets a Disney+ Series about the Thieves and Assassins Guild and Storm cameo she came to America thru the Wakanda Embassy in California and is making her way east to Xavier and stops in New Orleans and meets Gambit.

Disney+ Series called Xavier Files each episode is about the recruitment of the X-Men.

Episode Xavier (Not against Xavier being cast as POC): The life story of Xavier pre snap mutant with his meetings Magneto, Moira, and Juggernaut.

Episode Cyclops: Scott returned from the Snap and destroyed the orphanage he lived at with his new mutant power. Xavier and Jean comes and we learn thru telepathy Scott’s backstory of the plane crash and his parents and brother. Xavier makes the town believe a Tornado hit the Orphanage and leaves with him as a Sinister man watches.

Episode Jean: Her back story with Anne Richardson and she is a pre snap mutant.

Episode Storm: Her backstory and a pre snap mutant.

Episode Beast: College football star with brains to match became blue and furry after Snap.

Episode Iceman: Story of boy dealing with struggle to come out as gay before Snap then as a gay mutant post snap.

Episode Kitty: 14 years old who phased thru her school floor during dance residual. Xavier erases event from people’s minds.

Episode Nightcrawler: Pre Snap mutant was a “Freak” in the Circus.

Episode Magneto: A pre Snap mutant and Child or Grandchild of Jewish Holocaust Survivors marries Romani Magda and has daughter Anya. During an ethnic cleansing in a Eastern European country in the 90’s Anya was murdered and he uses his powers for revenge leading a pregnant Magda to leave him out of fear. She makes it to Sokovia and she dies in child birth and her children are adopted by the Maximoffs and Magda is buried as a Jane Doe as she told no one her identity.

Episode Laura: Hugh Jackman has left a huge shadow Logan needs time to rest so I’d go with Laura the former X-23 as Wolverine looking for her “Father” Logan the original Wolverine after she escaped Weapon-X a black-ops program once run by the Hydra part of Shield.

The X-Men in the 1st film are Xavier, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Storm, Rogue, Wolverine/Laura and Nightcrawler. Kitty is more of Student due to her age large cameos of characters like Dust, Anole, Rockslide, Mercury, Surge, etc leading to a possible Disney+ Series called Xavier Academy.

No Colossus because I want him to be saved for Deadpool and I don’t know yet if Deadpool should be MCU canon but rather just doing his own thing under the 20th Century banner with meta commentary with him not being allowed into the proper MCU.

An X-Factor Investigation Series on Disney+ would be cool as would an Excalibur movie mixing UK Mutants and Heroes.