Page 180 of 325 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm pretty sure most people were mad at what happened with Mandarin though. The general audience didn't care I guess but it's criticized a lot by the fandom.
    overblown imo

BANNED

I'm pretty sure most people were mad at what happened with Mandarin though. The general audience didn't care I guess but it's criticized a lot by the fandom.
    A better example would be Killian and Savin.

Killian's lifespan was pretty much one PAGE in the original Extremis story, (and he was trying to STOP the plot) and Savin is a hero in the books. Yet I don't recall the "Book Purists" who attacked the Fox movies gunning for Marvel about turning them into the Big Bad and Dragon, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    That’s a silly thing to believe. Comic readers only range in the thousands, just look at the comic sale figures. So they don’t really affect Box Office numbers

Releasing this in June was the main factor as Box Office experts have pointed out. Other films are underperforming as well.
    I'm a Godzilla fan, so we're all scratching our heads on our forums about how that films has tanked as well despite being what would have been blockbuster quality in a year where less competition was around. Honestly it's been a VERY weird year for genre films in general. Had any of the big ones been released in a year without an MCU film we might be having a different conversation.

As for my other comment, it's less about comic fans opinions and more about that the MCU films have set a BIG bar for filmmaking in general. Fox-Men feel a bit low budget in comparison to those movies and there is plenty of things that feel "off" about the characters even for people who haven't read the books. If you rarely go to films and Endgame was your big ticket for the year there is a high bar that was set to get you back out to the theaters. For Dark Phoenix it's hard not to notice just how dull the costumes, sets, and writing all looked just on the trailers alone. Doesn't help people are burned out on Jennifer Lawrence and there have always been rumors that she didn't want to be back on an X-film (and possibly burned out on Turner too after the GOT backlash). All and all, it's "let's watch it on Netflix" type of footage, not "we need to see this in the cinema" level which is something MCU does really really well.

One interesting wrinkle is what it means for the mutants to be emerging in a world where they haven't really been mentioned. This could change the metaphor from a persecuted group that has been around for a while to groups that have seemingly emerged recently (IE- people who identify as non-binary or asexual.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This was funny

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This was funny

I’m totally down for Jubilee 2021.

Astonishing Member

Except Mandarin is dated in the worst way possible, he is not a timeless villain the way Magneto or Dr. Doom is and he is not dated in a cute fun way like Dazzler is, a ''true to the comics'' Mandarin would have gotten Iron Man 3 banned in China and raised complaints from Asian Americans.

Anyway, now that the Fox X-Men are done, who should be the main villains of the MCU X-Men?

Now who was overdone in the Fox movies: Magneto, Stryker and the Dark Phoenix. I wouldn't be in a hurry to do Apocalypse again either.

I actually think the Sentinels were underused in the Fox movies, with them coming out of nowhere in Days of Future Past and even then they played second fiddle to Magneto. I think you have a generic X-Men vs. Sentinels story set entirely in the present and not really rethread ground from the movies.

The biggest villain not used by the Fox movies is Sinister, you can introduce him in a later film. You finally make Cyclops the main character a film, with Sinister being his most personal enemy. You can have a modified Mutant Massacre storyline, with more logical motives (Sinisters motives for that in the comics are insanely convoluted), with Sinister kidnapping Morlocks and experimenting on them (unless that is too dark for Disney). I am not sure I would have Sinister be from Victorian England (that is a detail that seemed tacked on and really was a change from what Claremont was planning) and I am not sure how his costume would work in live action (he could just have a black suit with a red diamond pin tie, sometimes he appears human, but his true form would pale skin, red eyes, sharp teeth, and the diamond forehead). I would also cut his ties to Apocalypse and stand more on his own.

Also maybe do the Hellfire Club again, but led by Selene rather than Shaw and give Emma a proper introduction and redemption.

In a new trilogy I would like something like

X-men lineup: Cyclops,Jean, Storm,Colossus,Nightcrawler,Kitty

MCU Movie 1: Cameron Hodge.
    Have him be start as a generally good person who is injured critically in a mutant attack between some mutants and the X-men.
    then he could go insane ,orchestrate an attack on the X-men and have his scorpion tank body in the final battle

MCU Film 2 Morlocks/Sinister

Morlocks kidnap Angel They fight and storm defeats Callisto. Later Sinister's marauders attack them and Xmen /morlocks team to defeat Sinister

MCU film 3: Magneto and Brotherhood

Wolverine would be introduced by being Brotherhood and then come to his senses and defect after hurting Kitty during the final battle

Brotherhood lineup: Magnus, Pyro,Blob,Phantazia, Spiral, Wolvy

Mighty Member

A great X-Men villain who was woefully underutilized by FoX-Men was Selene who was such a clear stand-in for Psylocke that it wasn't even funny. I wouldn't mind opening MCU X-Men with Selene.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

But how was the Dazzler...?

This was funny

Funny, sad and so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    A better example would be Killian and Savin.

Killian's lifespan was pretty much one PAGE in the original Extremis story, (and he was trying to STOP the plot) and Savin is a hero in the books. Yet I don't recall the "Book Purists" who attacked the Fox movies gunning for Marvel about turning them into the Big Bad and Dragon, respectively.
    False equivalence.

These characters are so minor even comic book fans will have a hard time knowing them. And second, they're not stepping on anyone else.

Unlike Mystique, who is a well known X-Men villain and always has been. Not just in the comics and cartoons, but Fox themselves spent three movies showing us that she is a cold blooded killer. And now she's a hero and best mutant ever who inspires Jean and Storm?! You are comparing this crap to Killian?!
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 06-13-2019 at 03:01 AM.

This was funny

I really wouldn’t mind Jubilee being the star of the MCU X-Men to be honest. Either her, Storm, or Cyclops.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 06-13-2019 at 04:23 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Anyway, now that the Fox X-Men are done, who should be the main villains of the MCU X-Men?

Now who was overdone in the Fox movies: Magneto, Stryker and the Dark Phoenix. I wouldn't be in a hurry to do Apocalypse again either.
    I could see X-Force bringing in Stryfe since Cable has already been introduced. Not to mention you know fully well Ryan is DYING to put some Forearm jokes into the film.

Otherwise I could see Hellfire Club being a focus which would give New Mutants a foil in the Hellions, Emma an interesting redemption arc (starting as villain, becoming hero), give us a unique "character" that would interact with other non-X "New York" heroes like F4 and the Avengers that they could build up in other films with little logos planted here, having a costume ball that someone attends briefly, and even dropping things like "This thing was funded by Shaw Enterprises" or something like that. Also worth noting that future Avengers films want to use Norman Osbourne as a villain and possibly use the "Dark Avengers" run where Emma fit in nicely. They could reveal that she's a double agent that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I really wouldn’t mind Jubilee being the star of the MCU X-Men to be honest. Either her, Storm, or Cyclops.
    I honestly would NOT be surprised if they do put a big focus on Jubilee and use her the way The Animated Series used her - as the audience surrogate.

1. You get a young actress, who can stay with the franchise as she grows.
    2. Audience Surrogate
    3. Asian American representation

The MCU would be dumb if they didn't focus on Jubilee + Storm as two of their mainstay X-Men characters for film.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion