Page 237 of 325 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4870
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    He’s got such a Cyclops-y lean awkward vibe, and his voice is too, that he reads so much younger and insecure than he is. I’d love to see him tackle a suave romantic role, but I haven’t seen it yet.
    How about actor Jessie Usher?

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    How about actor Jessie Usher?
    I could see it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yeah you put them in the movie but they are telling old X-men stories which prioritize the older character make these characters basically pointless unless they work really hard to fill them in.
    They shoudln't tell old X-Men stories then.
    Fox already did that for 20 years.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Fox were just repeating the same old nonsense post DOFP. they really started to loose it when they made xmen apocalypse still about magneto and xavier. they dedicated 20 minutes to a weapon x wolverine scene that had little to do with the movie which damage the generic plot of X-men Apocalypse even further. Old stories as Dark Phoenix should have been laid to rest after X3.

Psylocke is more important to the X-Men team story than Mystique, so why bring mystique back for dark phoenix when they had introduced Psylocke in the last film.

I never want to see wolverine, xavier and magneto take center stage again in a xmen movie. All I want to see is Cyclops be a Gandalf in X-Men reboot movies. It baffles me how people are still defending more Wolverine.

Also do we really want more Wolverine? the mcu wolverine will forever be trapped in the shadow's of Hugh Jackman far more than Tom Holland is trapped in the shadows of Tobey. Let other characters who are more interesting get the spotlight.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-17-2019 at 01:28 AM.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I think mutants being introduced as a conspiracy theory/government cover up would be an interesting way to introduce them to the MCU. SHIELD has been reformed to once again protect the world from a variety of threats. A new covert section is assigned to gather intelligence on the threat mutants pose to the general population.

We traverse this film through the eyes of a young agent, who is secretly a mutant and they come to find there is big move to address mutants and not necessarily in a good way. The young mutant is pulled into a secret plot by other mutants on the squad to destroy all the information the government has on mutants and and stop a planned assassination.

This film would introduce Xavier's Institute as an institution under investigation and surveillance; Erik would be mentioned as the new sovereign leader over an obscure island nation, which is troubling on the political arena as rumors say he is a powerful mutant; and rumors of a large underground network of mutants spanning the U.S., which has been an urban legend for years might be true (Morlocks).

I was thinking it would be interesting if the young agent was a double agent for the Hellfire Club to stop mutants from being exposed and ultimately ends up going to Xavier's school. This could easily be Firestar now that I come to think about it.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

I do think the two post credit scenes in Far From Home are setting up a MCU where heroes won't be as trusted anymore and possibly met with paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I think mutants being introduced as a conspiracy theory/government cover up would be an interesting way to introduce them to the MCU. SHIELD has been reformed to once again protect the world from a variety of threats. A new covert section is assigned to gather intelligence on the threat mutants pose to the general population.
    No. X-Men's basic concepts should be first above how MCU is connected. Mutants are not conspiracy theories by the government they are the next stage in evoltuion. Remove that and there is nothing interesting about mutants. X-Men is now one of the other.

SHIELD has been overdone, Their story wrapped up in Winter Solider. They are a drag now. There is a reason Sam L Jackson stopped appearing in MCU movies except Captain Marvel that was a Flashback.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Fox told old X-Men stories poorly for 20 years. I have a feeling the X-Men will be brought in just as phase 4 ends to try to give a shot in the arm to the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Fox told old X-Men stories poorly for 20 years. I have a feeling the X-Men will be brought in just as phase 4 ends to try to give a shot in the arm to the MCU.
    Real talk, Fox utilized maybe 4% of the total canon, poorly. Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, the Hellfire Club, the Sentinels, the Danger Room, and most of the main X-characters were so poorly utilized that they are still essentially brand new if the MCU actually looks at the source material as inspiration. Only Wolverine and Magneto utilized a discernible percentage of their canon(and even still there is plenty of ground to mine there). Even Mystique and Prof X, who had a bit of screentime, used almost none of their actual canon. The sky is the limit for the MCU X-Men!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm worried about how will the X-men perform at the box office in the future.

I feel like one of things that made MCU great was the build up to infinity war/endgame, every movie put a piece in place to tell a great and long story but after endgame that's something that was already done, I don't think something like that can be repeated and even if it were it wouldn't have the same success.

It doesn't help that the general public already knows the X-men (albeit badly). The X-men aren't new which was other of the factors of the MCU success, the characters Disney used were
    "new" to the public.

Finally there is also the fact that eventually people will get tired of superheros after being superexposed to them on all media for more than a decade. I doubt in the future they will generate the same interest/money they do today.

I'm sorry if I'm being pessimist but the future of the X-men looks bad.

BANNED

Fox big mistake was to reboot the franchise with First Class. There are so many interesting mutants that was minor characters or totally ignored by Fox. Why did Fox buy the rights to X-Men only to focus on three characters? They did a major disservice to the Cyclops character. They made him too soft and insecure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm worried about how will the X-men perform at the box office in the future.

I feel like one of things that made MCU great was the build up to infinity war/endgame, every movie put a piece in place to tell a great and long story but after endgame that's something that was already done, I don't think something like that can be repeated and even if it were it wouldn't have the same success.

It doesn't help that the general public already knows the X-men (albeit badly). The X-men aren't new which was other of the factors of the MCU success, the characters Disney used were
    "new" to the public.

Finally there is also the fact that eventually people will get tired of superheros after being superexposed to them on all media for more than a decade. I doubt in the future they will generate the same interest/money they do today.

I'm sorry if I'm being pessimist but the future of the X-men looks bad.
    True, I think it’s hard to make an full X-Men movie at this time. We’ll probably a few mutants leak into the MCU. I think the public is burnt out on the X-Men after 19years.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    True, I think it’s hard to make an full X-Men movie at this time. We’ll probably a few mutants leak into the MCU. I think the public is burnt out on the X-Men after 19years.
    Nah Spidey just made a billion the X-Men will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post

We traverse this film through the eyes of a young agent, who is secretly a mutant and they come to find there is big move to address mutants and not necessarily in a good way. The young mutant is pulled into a secret plot by other mutants on the squad to destroy all the information the government has on mutants and and stop a planned assassination.

This film would introduce Xavier's Institute as an institution under investigation and surveillance; Erik would be mentioned as the new sovereign leader over an obscure island nation, which is troubling on the political arena as rumors say he is a powerful mutant; and rumors of a large underground network of mutants spanning the U.S., which has been an urban legend for years might be true (Morlocks).

I was thinking it would be interesting if the young agent was a double agent for the Hellfire Club to stop mutants from being exposed and ultimately ends up going to Xavier's school. This could easily be Firestar now that I come to think about it.
    You should write the story… I'm serious.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Nah Spidey just made a billion the X-Men will be fine.
    Exactly. People love the MCU enough to give characters they’ve seen before a chance. If anything people’s disappointment with how FOX handled the X-men will make them more eager to see the MCU’s take on them.