Page 265 of 325 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Would be really surprised if X-Men ends up as one of this new dates.
    Why? We are already know X-Men is in Phase 5, how is that surprising in any way?

Would be really surprised if X-Men ends up as one of this new dates.
    I won't be surprised. I think xmen would be among the new dates. Marvel has had a hard time in the media because of all the superhero backlash. Disney needs to change the topic fast and announcing an xmen movie would be the perfect topic for change.

I don't think that is a reason. Some disgruntled celebrities saying things doesn't mean much in the long run. I was referring to the fact that we know X-Men is part of Phase 5, and this pretty well maps everything out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I don't think that is a reason. Some disgruntled celebrities saying things doesn't mean much in the long run. I was referring to the fact that we know X-Men is part of Phase 5, and this pretty well maps everything out.

I would love to see a ''disgruntled celebrity'' like Martin Scorsese or Mnagold adapt some xmen MCU movies. I am thinking Gambit. In terms of content, this is a match made in heaven or at least someone with Martin's talent take on x-men. this is what MCU will need for phase 5 if they want xmen in it.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 11-17-2019 at 03:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I don't find this interesting, I find hollow and again just reusing their formula which is so tiring now. X-Men has to established itself as its own world, like what DC wants to do with Batman, X-men don't need heavy interactions with avengers. I don't think Feige understand xmen as the media tells us he does. I heard when he was a fox executive he was more concerned about xmen not wearing costumes than xmen stories.

The magic of xmen is not them interacting with other marvel heroes. the magic of xmen is the interaction with the mutants and the diverse complex world they are in. If this is true and I hope its not. Fiege is making the same mistake he made with spiderman, the mcu spiderman only has one goal to join Avengers ranks, something that has not suited well with many Spiderman readers. it was not about great powers and great responsibilities with Feige.

its terrible to think xmen main goal is to join avengers ranks and interact with more marvel heroes. This is the least interesting part of xmen stories, its the reason I could never read X-Men v Avengers or Inhuman vs X-men.

The first 3 xmen movies should only make vague references to other marvel heroes. they also will need their own style and world tone that is different.
    SpiderMan under Feige has been a HUGE financial success.

It's not his job to cater to the childhood memories of middle aged comic book fans.

He works for Disney, a huge multination and he is tasked with making them huge profits.

So he will do whatever with the X-Men and mutants that will play to mass, movie going audiences.

Feige has turned Guardians of the Galaxy, a Z list comic book, into a multibillion dollar franchise. Even in the 90s, it would have been kind to call the Avengers B list in terms of comic book sales, and look at them now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I'm still very curious on how they are going to introduce the concept of mutants. But I am certain some of them are going to appear way before a proper X-Men movie.

The one I'm most anticipating is Storm. She has to be done justice! And Black Panther 2 is the way to go.
    Yes, Black Panther is an excellent way to introduce Storm. Rogue could be introduced in Captain Marvel 2. Deadpool will just get his own movie, perhaps that's a good way to introduce Wolverine and Psylocke/Kwannon (they could keep the same Domino and Colossus and introduce them that way).

Why? We are already know X-Men is in Phase 5, how is that surprising in any way?
    Deadpool new movie is not announced yet. Also I think they would want to make some build up for X characters before first X-Men movie. So I think Deadpool and Wolverine will be that not announced dates.

Deadpool new movie is not announced yet. Also I think they would want to make some build up for X characters before first X-Men movie. So I think Deadpool and Wolverine will be that not announced dates.
    X-Men has team oriented from the start. Also, Wolverine? REALLY?

X-Men has team oriented from the start. Also, Wolverine? REALLY?
    Yes. Wolverine brand don't need to rest so long as X-Men after FOX.
    Logan was great. Apocalypse and DP were trash.

Phase 5 is where it’s at for me... Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, Captain Marvel 2, Fantastic Four, mutants and Blade!? Phase 4 is basically the calm before the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    SpiderMan under Feige has been a HUGE financial success.

its not about financial success

It's not his job to cater to the childhood memories of middle aged comic book fans.

Fiege's job is to tell x-men stories to the best as we have read.

He works for Disney, a huge multination and he is tasked with making them huge profits.
    X-men is meant to be a gateway for people to look at comic films in an intellectual way beyond the fun, its not like xmen has not already shown they can make profits.

So he will do whatever with the X-Men and mutants that will play to mass, movie going audiences.
    I don't think he can do whatever it wants. X-men is pretty distinctive. anyone can't do what they meant, see the last film.
    Feige has turned Guardians of the Galaxy, a Z list comic book, into a multibillion dollar franchise. Even in the 90s, it would have been kind to call the Avengers B list in terms of comic book sales, and look at them now.
    its important x-men is taken seriously as an authentic part of films and not another Disney product . Billion dollar movies mean nothing anymore.
    Joker just made a billion dollars, there should be no stopping for Deadpool. Ryan Rneyolds must be desperate to respond to that. I don't think Deadpool 3 getting announced is the problem I think the direction the movie may go is the problem.

Joker is now the High bar for comic movie story telling. that is the movie x-men films are now going to be compared with and not because Logan paved the gateway but because people know what X-Men content is about.After watching Joker and rethinking of Legion and where superhero live action are. there is now an upgrade for adult driven theme comic stories and no other series does that better than xmen stories.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 11-17-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Yes. Wolverine brand don't need to rest so long as X-Men after FOX.
    Logan was great. Apocalypse and DP were trash.
    I think MCU would limit the wolverine brand because of the impact of Logan and Disney admiting they stripped marvel of the edginess in Bob Iger's book, be that as it may, it is still going to be fascinating to see X-Men struggle story wise in the MCU because a large part of the edge and unapologetic adult driven tone of xmen will be gone. a lot of that has nothing to do with Wolverine.Cyclops decent to the dark side and multiple marriage affairs would be more interesting than wolverine slashing people or brooding again.

I heard rumours in the past that the reason Gambit never showed up in the past films was because he was as hard of a character as wolverine. I personally always found gambit's backstory more interesting than wolverine though. I still think an R Rated or edgy pg 13 gambit film about the thieves and assassins will be great. maybe a comic book version of West Side story with the gambit and Bella Donna love story.

Chris Claremont recently compared xmen to game of thrones just to give people a grasp of the depth of xmen stories . I don't understand the need to bring of GOTG and Avengers. I was thinking more 2 hour game of thrones influence for xmen films instead, Claremont is right on this one on how to approach xmen.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 11-17-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Joker just made a billion dollars, there should be no stopping for Deadpool. Ryan Rneyolds must be desperate to respond to that. I don't think Deadpool 3 getting announced is the problem I think the direction the movie may go is the problem.

Joker is now the High bar for comic movie story telling. that is the movie x-men films are now going to be compared with and not because Logan paved the gateway but because people know what X-Men content is about.After watching Joker and rethinking of Legion and where superhero live action are. there is now an upgrade for adult driven theme comic stories and no other series does that better than xmen stories.
    No one is gonna be comparing X-Men to Joker. Joker didn't bring a "new high bar for comic movie storytelling", because most people understand that Joker is the exception not the rule. It may have opened the doors for more of it's kind, sure. But it's not gonna have an effect on a completely different style of movies like what the MCU usually does. And X-Men is gonna be mostly what the MCU usually does. If they're gonna try to follow Joker's footsteps, it's gonna be with some other property, not with X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No one is gonna be comparing X-Men to Joker. Joker didn't bring a "new high bar for comic movie storytelling", because most people understand that Joker is the exception not the rule. It may have opened the doors for more of it's kind, sure. But it's not gonna have an effect on a completely different style of movies like what the MCU usually does. And X-Men is gonna be mostly what the MCU usually does. If they're gonna try to follow Joker's footsteps, it's gonna be with some other property, not with X-Men.

Superheroing has gone beyond the MCU formula. X-men shares a large buck of that. You don't need the mcu formula for xmen.
    It may have opened the doors for more of it's kind, sure. But it's not gonna have an effect on a completely different style of movies like what the MCU usually does.
    Considering X-men has the same amount of fascinating stories like Batman's Joker. there is no need to limit the style. This is the task Feige must conquer.

. And X-Men is gonna be mostly what the MCU usually does. If they're gonna try to follow Joker's footsteps, it's gonna be with some other property, not with X-Men.

MCU style is a result of people not knowing much about the characters and the crossover universe appeal, which is breaking down fast. these two factors don't apply to the xmen. xmen was already a well known property before Disney bought fox or fox bought x-men. the interest of xmen is not down to the MCU. Most importantly, other marvel characters have never made xmen interesting. xmen has usually excelled best when they focused on their own world.

Feige should just listen to Chris Claremont.

https://www.newsarama.com/47759-chri...than-ever.html

https://screenrant.com/xmen-join-mcu-dark-phoenix/
    X-Men Legend Gives Tips For Bringing Mutants To The MCU

Its not all about billion of dollars, it is sometimes about the art.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 11-17-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Superheroing has gone beyond the MCU formula. X-men shares a large buck of that. You don't need the mcu formula for xmen.

Considering X-men has the same amount of fascinating stories like Batman's Joker. there is no need to limit the style. This is the task Feige must conquer.

MCU style is a result of people not knowing much about the characters and the crossover universe appeal, which is breaking down fast. these two factors don't apply to the xmen. xmen was already a well known property before Disney bought fox or fox bought x-men. the interest of xmen is not down to the MCU. Most importantly, other marvel characters have never made xmen interesting. xmen has usually excelled best when they focused on their own world.

Feige should just listen to Chris Claremont.

https://www.newsarama.com/47759-chri...than-ever.html

https://screenrant.com/xmen-join-mcu-dark-phoenix/
    X-Men Legend Gives Tips For Bringing Mutants To The MCU

Its not all about billion of dollars, it is sometimes about the art.
    X-Men fans will watch anything X-Men. They fed the Fox garbage all this time. They do need a new formula because Disney is in it for money, not awards, although they'd take them.

People wanted MCU X-Men, and they'll get them.