Page 314 of 325 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don’t think Thunderbird has to be stereotypical. He could be modernized some, and his costume certainly updated. Agree re: Sunfire. Getting a Japanese actor who speaks Japanese, and having the character perhaps unable to speak any English at first, could be good. I’m sure Professor X would remedy that quickly, however, giving the whole team the ability to communicate effortlessly in English by using his telepathic powers to give them a crash course or something.
    They could just make Thunderbird's persona based more on James instead of John. James is what John would have been had he been allowed to live, get character development and soften up. Especially if Wolverine is not in the first one as a team member and hero, John can serve that similar archetype of brash anti-hero whom conflicts with Cyclops. We at least wouldnt get the love triangle tease with him

Fantastic Member

I think they should make Sunfire a villain

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They could just make Thunderbird's persona based more on James instead of John. James is what John would have been had he been allowed to live, get character development and soften up. Especially if Wolverine is not in the first one as a team member and hero, John can serve that similar archetype of brash anti-hero whom conflicts with Cyclops. We at least wouldnt get the love triangle tease with him
    True. Though I feel quite sure we’re still going to lose him in the film because, well, canon. Unless... they decide to kill someone else in the MCU version. Banshee perhaps? While I like the character, he has a daughter with the exact same powers who could replace him down the road. True that the same could be said of Thunderbird, considering his brother James not only has the same powers but is also gigantic for some reason and more invulnerable. Having said that, if they go the route you say above with John, giving him more personality and using him as kind of the “Wolverine stand-in” in terms of being a brash anti-hero who conflicts with Cyclops, it would be a shame to throw him away in the first film. Furthermore, he’s a more diverse character than Banshee, and, well, I could see him being the one to die getting some backlash in this day and age, even though that’s exactly what happened in the comics.

I kind of like the idea of Thunderbird getting the chance on film that he never got in the comics (except for in Exiles I suppose, and The Gifted TV show). Plus if Wolverine is not going to join the team right away, they need a physical character with some edge to him. Could be interesting if they decided to go this route.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Only guy I wanna see as Sinister...
    Attachment 98069
    Not a bad choice either, a toss up between him and Matthew Goode

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I was literally just thinking of Patel as Nightcrawler today. He would be great. He's definitely got the acting chops for it
    Edeen Bugheloo looks the part more than those two ,but yeah they're ok

I like Max Mauff for Kurt. German actor.

03CF4128-1294-434D-8B87-BA6501E6D61A.jpg

He was good in Sense8, but not that good. Rami is old for Kurt, but he brings star power, subtle acting abilities, and a very Kurt-appropriate face/body. Max doesn't have Kurt's handsome qualities(Max Riemelt, on the other hand does, in spades, even if I'm not sure he has other Kurt qualities). It would be great to cast an actual German actor for Kurt, but now I want an actual German Romani actor(Rami is Egyptian, which is not exactly right, but sparks an interesting idea for casting directions). Then we could get a Romani or Indian actress for Mystique/Raven too, and diversify the X-Men a bit more.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I kind of like the idea of Thunderbird getting the chance on film that he never got in the comics.
    Yes, agreed! Has he shown up on Krakoa yet?

No. I think because Sinister used his genetic template in his current form, thereby making him a mutant. Perhaps bringing John back would violate the “no duplicates” law in light of this? Doesn’t seem like it would, but strange that we haven’t seen him yet if not.

No. I think because Sinister used his genetic template in his current form, thereby making him a mutant. Perhaps bringing John back would violate the “no duplicates” law in light of this? Doesn’t seem like it would, but strange that we haven’t seen him yet if not.
    It wouldnt but thats moot as John is already back as was seen in X-Force

Oh. Damn. Well I must’ve missed him. Will go back and re-read.

was it the big bar splash page? I was just wondering if he's made an actual appearance with dialogue or anything. If so, I may have missed it. Also, the Sinister thing is one of his secrets, right? I wonder how that plays out! Thanks for the reminder about that.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    was it the big bar splash page? I was just wondering if he's made an actual appearance with dialogue or anything. If so, I may have missed it. Also, the Sinister thing is one of his secrets, right? I wonder how that plays out! Thanks for the reminder about that.
    Yes it was that. It was a very blink and you miss him cameo

the casting suggestions continues and IMO he nailed it again. With the exception for Rogue, I think she needs to be a younger actress, in order to fit with the rest of his casting ideas. The only ones so far that need to look older are Wolverine, Banshee, Professor X and Forge. The rest should be in their mid to late 20's and Kitty can be a late teenager.

O love Rebecca Ferguson but I see her more as Catwoman. Or Emma.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 07-03-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

New scoops from Sutton.

Marvel talks about Magik D+ series and Dazzler to join A-Force team movie.