Page 74 of 325 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree. Maybe they should try and introduce the first team of X-Men with some characters that are not heavily featured in the last X-Men movies.

They could maybe have an older Professor again, and have Gambit (not Tatum), Rogue (brick), Psylocke (british), Jubilee, Wolverine (short hairy guy), Northstar and maybe Colossus from the deadpool movies to connect to the only character they'll keep as it is...Deadpool.
    I also agree, they should try and avoid characters who have had plenty of spotlight. I also don't think they should go with the O5 either. I think something similar to the Ultimate line up would work. I'd want young adults, 16-25 on the team. The team still needs to be recognizable as X-Men (for general public) plus a break from Wolverine. If the rumors of Captain Britain /Black Knight are true, I believe Betsy will be established there first.

Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Jubilee, Iceman
    - You get diversity in Storm and Jubilee, while also making sure you DO something worthy of these characters. You have Iceman for a potential LGBT story line. You have Cyclops and Jean as OG members.
    - I actually really think a POC to play Beast or Angel would be great, but Beast has been in 4 of the Fox movies, and Angel is a meh cinematic character anyways.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

I hope the reboot takes cues from Morrison's run. Switch the characters up a bit but keep the themes/story beats like Professor X outing the school/the team and having them deal with protests/rioting.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I think you have to read the announcement in context of the facts of how Disney does business. If the old X-movies had been beloved classics, they would have stuck with them in continuity, because that would have been the most profitable choice. Since they are not, they are going to want to retool them to think how to make the most money possible from them.

Basically, what will be the most profitable thing? Disney will do that. Always. Look at what they kept in Star Wars and what they have dropped hard.
    There's a difference between the two: The old Star Wars EU was never considered canon by LucasFilm. They might wink and nod (IE Coruscant as the name of the Republic's capital planet) but LFL more or less disregarded whatever was in the EU (a shame, too. What Timothy Zahn hinted about the Clone Wars in the Thrawn Trilogy was FAR more interesting than what we actually got in the Prequels).

Nice, hope they don't drop the ball like fox. Just give me a good Cyclops no love triangles.

Just do X-Force and keep it R-rated and I'm fine. Don't care if they reboot the rest.

Logan-Grave-Wolverine-Marker.jpg
    RIP X-Men film series 1999 - 2018
    "You did good."

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There's a difference between the two: The old Star Wars EU was never considered canon by LucasFilm. They might wink and nod (IE Coruscant as the name of the Republic's capital planet) but LFL more or less disregarded whatever was in the EU (a shame, too. What Timothy Zahn hinted about the Clone Wars in the Thrawn Trilogy was FAR more interesting than what we actually got in the Prequels).
    Ish. It was technically canonical, but it was really only honored in the breach (although they did seem to be saying that there was the "film continuity" and the "film + EU continuity" in the last days of the Legends run.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I hope the reboot takes cues from Morrison's run. Switch the characters up a bit but keep the themes/story beats like Professor X outing the school/the team and having them deal with protests/rioting.
    Morrsion's run is something Marvel will put on Netflix, not their main movies. I expect Marvel's X-Men to be dumbed down. The themes/story you talk about will hardly be the main toast of their movies.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-20-2018 at 12:11 PM.

I'm excited about it. i dream of having the correct character development for everyone. not too much logan, magneto, mystique and xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Star Wars is a continuity. Disney made sequel to the movies of that continuity. It is naive to think the old movies will contunue. X-Men is part of Marvel, In comics and now in movies. This is the reality we all have to accept now.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I can't wait for the recasting. I couldn't bring myself to care about the teen versions of Cyke, Jean and Storm. The only prequel actor I liked was Fassbender's Magneto.

Their director short-listing should be very interesting. Marvel needs to start dropping names. I do think whoever Marvel chooses could end up clashing with Disney on the direction of the movie. There will be too much pressure and though acts to follow, and the director is going to know it since his movies will get compared a lot to the other films.

Spectacular Member

god, they had such an amazing run with these movies: X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past & Logan.

Not a lot of movies in 18 years though. I guess Fox always thought quality over quantity. ;-) I also like that they refused the trilogy concept for their movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    god, they had such an amazing run with these movies: X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past & Logan.

Not a lot of movies in 18 years though. I guess Fox always thought quality over quantity. ;-) I also like that they refused the trilogy concept for their movies.
    I feel sorry for the director coming in, all the scrutiny he will face. X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past & Logan. how do you top that for X-Men movies? There are more story/themes in one of the movies than the 20 Marvel movies combined.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-20-2018 at 12:23 PM.