Page 302 of 325 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    Ah, rats! Forgot about that tiny detail.

Edit: This could be remedied by changing it to have Pepper be pregnant with Tony's kid. But then they'd have to get rid of I love you 3000 (bleh) and Pepper's turn as Rescue at the end.

Agreed.
    She was pregnant with Tony's child already. She was trying to tell him something throughout IW but we never learned what it was until Endgame. The timing and age of the girl makes sense that it was her pregnancy she was trying to announce. If Endgame only took place 4 months after IW, I dont think his arc would have worked with a pregnant Pepper. Without the child actually being here, there's a large connection lost vs a child he would have raised for 5 years. With just 4 months lost, using the Time stone to reset things back would have been a viable option. The only reason it wasnt in EG was bc Tony did not want to lose his family and all that time they had. When you stop to think about it, its really selfish on his part. I cant see him arguing for that if only a few months had passed bc he would still have his daughter whenever Pepper gave birth

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was pregnant with Tony's child already. She was trying to tell him something throughout IW but we never learned what it was until Endgame. The timing and age of the girl makes sense that it was her pregnancy she was trying to announce. If Endgame only took place 4 months after IW, I dont think his arc would have worked with a pregnant Pepper. Without the child actually being here, there's a large connection lost vs a child he would have raised for 5 years. With just 4 months lost, using the Time stone to reset things back would have been a viable option. The only reason it wasnt in EG was bc Tony did not want to lose his family and all that time they had. When you stop to think about it, its really selfish on his part. I cant see him arguing for that if only a few months had passed bc he would still have his daughter whenever Pepper gave birth
    Although him returning from space after thinking it was hopeless and coming off the ship seeing a pregnant Pepper would have given us some deeply emotional character moments. Another 4-6 months could have been the birth of his daughter which would have had him still not wanting to lose his family and reluctant to rejoin the Avengers on their mission

I’m not sure you can’t have the five year gap without killing off a lot of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Although him returning from space after thinking it was hopeless and coming off the ship seeing a pregnant Pepper would have given us some deeply emotional character moments. Another 4-6 months could have been the birth of his daughter which would have had him still not wanting to lose his family and reluctant to rejoin the Avengers on their mission
    He wouldnt lose his family in that scenario. Lets say they did get the time stone to reset time. He'd only have lost a few weeks with his daughter, assuming she was born when they do it. With the reset time, he would get those moments back. The issue in EG is that he had 5 years worth of time with her adn thats 5 years worth of memories that noy only shaped the person she was becoming but was a relatively happy and peaceful life for him. Within 6 months of the snap, the world was in chaose. His life would not have been happy and peaceful. It would have been more imperative for him to fix things rather than accept the chaose for what it was bc he had a newborn, the same newborn he would still have if he reset things

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’m not sure you can’t have the five year gap without killing off a lot of kids.
    You cant but no other child was significant besodes Tony's kid who was already concieved before the snap

She was pregnant with Tony's child already. She was trying to tell him something throughout IW but we never learned what it was until Endgame. The timing and age of the girl makes sense that it was her pregnancy she was trying to announce.
    IW and Endgame were made back-to-back. If what I suggested had been what was decided on, it would have been implemented in IW. No hinting at a pregnancy in IW. Maybe just mention that Pepper wants a child. Tony and Pepper could have conceived after Tony got back from space. Then 6 month time skip. Pepper is 5 months pregnant. If the time heist goes wrong, Tony risks never seeing his unborn child grow up. Then he sacrifices himself, and the audience and characters are sad because in fact he won't get to meet his daughter.

If Endgame only took place 4 months after IW, I dont think his arc would have worked with a pregnant Pepper. Without the child actually being here, there's a large connection lost vs a child he would have raised for 5 years. With just 4 months lost, using the Time stone to reset things back would have been a viable option. The only reason it wasnt in EG was bc Tony did not want to lose his family and all that time they had. When you stop to think about it, its really selfish on his part. I cant see him arguing for that if only a few months had passed bc he would still have his daughter whenever Pepper gave birth
    I don't recall the time stone being mentioned as a possible solution. The plan was always using the quantum zone to perform a heist (which implies going in but coming back), gather all of the stones and use them to bring everyone back. That's the plan that Scott comes up with and that Tony initially has reservations about because he isn't sure about how safe it is. Basically he's worried he won't come back to his family. That would all still pan out if Pepper was only pregnant.

The only time he possibly mentions resetting time is when he talks to Steve outside the facility and lays down the rule that he's on board with bringing people back but not losing what he's gained over the years. Again, this could still work if Pepper conceived after the snap. If they go back and change things, then there's a possibility she might not get pregnant. I would agree that this probably wouldn't have the same amount of emotional weight because the audience wouldn't have a connection to a physical character like Morgan in the movie (hence why I mentioned I love you 3000 in my previous post).

But all of this is to say that it wouldn't have been impossible to tell the story without such a huge timeskip. It would have been different for sure and I admit that the 5 year jump was bold and made for a lot of impactful moments in the movie (mostly for Tony) but now we're stuck with it and the only character it really benefited is dead so it's just weird to me.
    Last edited by SkywalkerX; 06-03-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    IW and Endgame were made back-to-back. If what I suggested had been what was decided on, it would have been implemented in IW. No hinting at a pregnancy in IW. Maybe just mention that Pepper wants a child. Tony and Pepper could have conceived after Tony got back from space. Then 6 month time skip. Pepper is 5 months pregnant. If the time heist goes wrong, Tony risks never seeing his unborn child grow up. Then he sacrifices himself, and the audience and characters are sad because in fact he won't get to meet his daughter.
    He risks never seeing that unborn child but he would still have a life with Pepper to make more children. I dont see him emotionally attached to a child that doesnt exist, who doesnt have a life yet that he would have been apart of. There is very little stakes for him in the scenario you present. With destruction all around him, economies collapsed, not to mention the mental and emotional trauma that people suffered, I cant see Tony allowing that to persist for a child he doesnt have yet. This only works years removed from IW when he's settled into a relatively happy peaceful life

I don't recall the time stone being mentioned as a possible solution. The plan was always using the quantum zone to perform a heist (which implies going in but coming back), gather all of the stones and use them to bring everyone back. That's the plan that Scott comes up with and that Tony initially has reservations about because he isn't sure about how safe it is. Basically he's worried he won't come back to his family. That would all still pan out if Pepper was only pregnant.

The only time he possibly mentions resetting time is when he talks to Steve outside the facility and lays down the rule that he's on board with bringing people back but not losing what he's gained over the years. Again, this could still work if Pepper conceived after the snap. If they go back and change things, then there's a possibility she might not get pregnant. I would agree that this probably wouldn't have the same amount of emotional weight because the audience wouldn't have a connection to a physical character like Morgan in the movie (hence why I mentioned I love you 3000 in my previous post).

But all of this is to say that it wouldn't have been impossible to tell the story without such a huge timeskip. It would have been different for sure and I admit that the 5 year jump was bold and made for a lot impactful moments in the movie (mostly for Tony) but now we're stuck with it and the only character it really benefited is dead so it's just weird to me.
    To me thats the implication that Tony thought of them reseting time which he was not on board for. I think we are on 2 different pages. Its not about emotional weight for the audience; its about giving Tony strong motivation to keep the 5 year gap intact and not have them reset things

I get you not liking the time jump but honestly outside of Spiderman, how does it really matter to everyone else?

Fantastic Member

I just think many of us comic book fans have bad taste in our mouths when it comes to plots dealing with time travel and time jumps. And then to have everyone except the people associated with Spiderman age up but the rest not then it feels like a dangling plot that should have been explained. This is why I can sort of agree with limited use of the 5 year thing because it opens too many questions and debates

He risks never seeing that unborn child but he would still have a life with Pepper to make more children.
    Not if he dies trying to do this time heist, which is exactly the fear that kept him from joining the others in the movie initially, and what ended up happening. He only joined once he figured out how to safely navigate the quantum zone.

I dont see him emotionally attached to a child that doesnt exist, who doesnt have a life yet that he would have been apart of. There is very little stakes for him in the scenario you present. With destruction all around him, economies collapsed, not to mention the mental and emotional trauma that people suffered, I cant see Tony allowing that to persist for a child he doesnt have yet. This only works years removed from IW when he's settled into a relatively happy peaceful life

To me thats the implication that Tony thought of them reseting time which he was not on board for. I think we are on 2 different pages. Its not about emotional weight for the audience; its about giving Tony strong motivation to keep the 5 year gap intact and not have them reset things
    I concede that the story as it was presented does give Tony stronger motivation than my version. But my point is that it would not be impossible to rewrite the story in such a way as to not have a huge timejump. It might seem to you like a lesser sacrifice to have to give up a life with a child you have never met, but for some people this would be painful enough to serve as motivation. And there are probably other ways they could have motivated him but that would require rewriting of the story.

But like I said, I'm just a little bothered that we're stuck with this huge shake up, all in the service of a character that will no longer be a central part of the franchise. Usually something like this is used as set up for futures stories but it seems that will not be the case and we're just going to have ignore that this is a thing that happened in the universe.

I get you not liking the time jump but honestly outside of Spiderman, how does it really matter to everyone else?
    In my opinion, it makes the universe a little convoluted. It's difficult for me to explain but basically something like this would have a huge impact on families and groups of people. Dynamics would be completely changed as family members and friends dropped out and then back into their loved ones' life for 5 whole years. Children grew to adults. Relationships might have ended. Maybe someone's parents died while they were snapped away. Right now Peter Parker is the only character seemingly affected by this because he is young. But what about when they introduce Kitty Pryde or Kamala? Are they going to address every single new character's backstory and how they were affected by the snappening from now on? It honestly probably should be addressed because of how significant it is. But I'm sure it'll be mostly handwaved and ignored or used for the occasional joke like in Far From Home and that bothers me. I think this situation is way more complex and affecting than the MCU is equipped to handle.

But maybe I'm completely wrong and it'll be utilized in an intelligent way. Your proposition for how the X-Men get brought into the MCU certainly is. We'll see.
    Last edited by SkywalkerX; 06-03-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Fantastic Member

I think @Havok83 explanation works best. I think it allows for quite a bit and explains what it needs to explain. I dont think its a secret that Fiege wants to do Secret Wars and the Illuminati. Ive even heard that he wants to do Secret Invasion and Dark Avengers. I think this explanation of mutants in the MCU could be the springboard or at least some of the backdrop for some of that. Having a select few know of their existence but hide it, along with the appearance and introduction of Namor half mutant half atlantean hybrid- The Illuminati. Even the Fantastic Four knowing of different universes and world in addition to knowledge that Carol Danvers and the GOTG provide possibly gives us the Incursions and Secret Wars. I think mutants and mutation along with the Fantastic Four can be the thing even in the background that carries the next few phases in a way similar to how the Avengers and Infinity stones carried the 1st few phases.

Just curious what you all think about Charlie Hunnam as MCU Wolverine? I like him as actor. Would love to see him on X-Men team. I think he could be even a cool Gambit.

Last edited by Purplevit; 06-05-2020 at 01:58 AM.

I would love it. He was great in queer as folk

Logan.jpg

10 char

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Just curious what you all think about Charlie Hunnam as MCU Wolverine? I like him as actor. Would love to see him on X-Men team. I think he could be even a cool Gambit.

He's got the look but he's 6'1. Jackman was 6'2. I know we can play with this but thats been a big complaint for some and why do it again. I say roll with Tom Hardy. He's 5'8 and looks the part

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    He's got the look but he's 6'1. Jackman was 6'2. I know we can play with this but thats been a big complaint for some and why do it again. I say roll with Tom Hardy. He's 5'8 and looks the part
    I would like either except for the problem that both are too old. Both are in their forties and we know that X-men movies aren’t happening anytime soon. By the time they get to an X-men movies Hardy will be pushing 50. When they cast Logan they’re going to want someone who can be in the role for 10-20 years.

Logan height wan never a problem for me. Age can be a problem in a long term plan.