Page 147 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Legion will air on FX which Disney now owns and has made no announcement to end. The Press release said it would be MCU What If not even the comics are being touched for it. It appears to me they want Brand consistence so it will be MCU only.
    Your mistaken, it’s been announced Legion will end with the third season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The Fox had A LOT to play with, but they only chose to DOFP and the Dark Phoenix "Saga" because the directors had an obsession with it. There are tons of X-Men stories and Disney will use that instead of the tired old things Fox did. Plus they'll mingle with non-mutants more. I really hope they focus more on the X-Men and not exclusively on Magneto and Prof X and Wolverine.
    Yes, to all points. Fox also kept a huge gap between X-Men 3 and X-Men First Class (which lead to DOFP).

You know, Singer did the first major Marvel team movies (now that Disney owns both Fox and Marvel). But lackluster writing, horrible changes, and Singer being MeTooed ruined what could have been a great legacy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    We know so little and I always worry about the X-Men (and of course Magneto). I wish Mr. Feige or someone would issue a statement letting us know a timetable, anything, about the state of their X-Men plans.

Anyway, I like the idea of Proteus. Because we need a proper Moira MacTaggart who is NOT an FBI agent but a Nobel-Prize winning doctor and scientist. But I especially like the idea of introducing characters who have connections to more famous characters, but the connection is hinted at for a few films, like FX's "Legion" series is doing with David's father--never specifically identified as Charles Xavier but clearly indicated.

My choice for first Marvel Studios X-Men film adversary is the Hell Fire Club. X-Men need to be PG-rated, at least, not kiddy-cartoon fare. I think the Hell Fire Club with a proper Emma Frost and respective white and black courts, would be the best way to introduce the politics of the X-Men. I don't think Marvel Studios should go with a simply good vs. evil theme EVER with the X-Men.

Most important, the ethnicities and origins from the comics need to be respected, also sexual orientation. No erasure of minority characters! I respect Mr. Feige's desire to provide diversity in Marvel movies, but that starts with supporting the diversity that is already there!

In my opinion, the best way to begin the merge, I think, is to do it right away, via the Scarlet Witch. Something, someone is sending strange messages, or she accidentally discovers some anomalous information about her background, and she begins to investigate, and discovers--like at the very end of the next AVENGERS film--she and Pietro were really something called "mutants." (It would be nice if she discovered she was half-Roma too; one good thing about the acquisition of X-Men rights is the need for Whedon's origin story for the twins, the need to dance around the concept of mutants, no longer exists. But anyway, I think if Mr. Feige could just introduce the word "mutants" into the MCU, that would be so cool!

So question: does anyone think Xavier is (possibly unfortunately) integral to any X-Men movie? I mean, can you introduce the X-Men as a team without having Charles Xavier identified as a character? I don't know.
    I would love if the Scarlet Witch finds out she's a mutant and that she has a half sister Polaris. Disney didn't erase minority characters. Fox did in it's New Mutants film which is now not likely to be released and will head straight to streaming. Anya Taylor Joy was a great choice for Magik, they should keep her. Pretty much the rest of the New Mutants would have to be RECAST.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Yes, to all points. Fox also kept a huge gap between X-Men 3 and X-Men First Class (which lead to DOFP).

You know, Singer did the first major Marvel team movies (now that Disney owns both Fox and Marvel). But lackluster writing, horrible changes, and Singer being MeTooed ruined what could have been a great legacy.
    As disgusting as his acts were, I'll never forget what they guy contributed to X-Men and the genre as a whole. Yeah, a lot of what he did went away from the comics, but that was fully understandable given the time.

That’s pretty much everything though lmao oh and don’t forget sidelining characters and poor casting. And Singer didn’t get “metooed” he’s a scumbag that preys on under age boys...

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Your mistaken, it’s been announced Legion will end with the third season.
    I know I was just saying there is no reason that last season won't air on FX

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    As disgusting as his acts were, I'll never forget what they guy contributed to X-Men and the genre as a whole. Yeah, a lot of what he did went away from the comics, but that was fully understandable given the time.
    Yeah, he made the X-Men a school full of children, one can wonder why...

Since I doubt Deadpool will crossover with the MCU characters anyone think Deadpool will say sometime in the future like "No Avengers, No Guardians, No Spider-Man Feige acts like I was on Marvel TV".
    "He gave me Taskmaster! FREAKING TASKMASTER!"

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    "He gave me Taskmaster! FREAKING TASKMASTER!"
    US Agent shows up "Great I get the Captain America Cosplayer even Ant-Man got Falcon!"

I know I was just saying there is no reason that last season won't air on FX
    Oh my bad...

BANNED

So what stopped it from being a great legacy was everything....plus being a pedophile?

Going out on a limb to say it wasn't that close to "great" in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    What he is accused of doing (or was found guilty of, I'm not sure on the status) really is upsetting. However to me the movies are more than just Singer, he didn't play every role and make every decision so I still enjoy the movies without any compunction. One persons choices shouldn't ruin all the hard work that every other person put into those films.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    What he is accused of doing (or was found guilty of, I'm not sure on the status) really is upsetting. However to me the movies are more than just Singer, he didn't play every role and make every decision so I still enjoy the movies without any compunction. One persons choices shouldn't ruin all the hard work that every other person put into those films.
    I know there are probably more people who disagree (and though i didnt like the foxmen) but I wholeheartedly agree with this point. This is one of the reasons I didnt like that some TV networks decided to pull the Cosby Show.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

https://www.newsarama.com/44383-what...mcu-x-men.html

Shifting focus back to this article again...while I broadly agree that they'll avoid rehashing the same old plot points and characters from the Fox movies, I don't think its going to be a complete clean slate.

For starters, its worth remembering that the Fox X-men franchise had two distinct phases - the original phase and the 'First Class' phase. And, not counting DOFP, its been a good 13 years since the end of the original phase.

So actually, I'd argue that a character like Rogue, who was a major part of the Fox X-men movies, is due some renewed attention. The same goes for Iceman. And Angel was a minor character in one film and a glorified cameo in another, so I wouldn't mind him coming back either. Colossus too barely had lines in his two appearances on-screen as part of the core X-men series - not counting the Deadpool films of course.

And while I agree that Jean Grey might not be a focus moving forward, I disagree that it means Cyclops is out of the running. There's a lot more to Scott than his relationship with Jean, especially in the comics of the recent years. I'd love for the MCU films to focus a little more on that.

Also, I think it'll be highly unlikely that we get a new iteration of the X-men without Charles Xavier being at least a small part of it. Magneto on the other hand I can easily see being dispensed.

That said, here's who I would like to see in the line-up of the first MCU X-men movie-

Cyclops: This time very much as the leader, front and centre.

Wolverine: Well, obviously he'll be there. His clash with Cyclops will have more to do with their methods and Logan's general insuburdination - and certainly not Jean.

Storm: This time in a much more prominent role.

Colossus: He's fairly recognizable and didn't have too much exposure the last time round.

Rogue: She's a former villain here and has both her absorption powers and super-strength and flight.

Angel: He definitely deserves the spotlight this time.

Now here's how I'd go about introducing mutants and eventually the X-men.

There'd be a number of familiar mutant cameos and appearances in various Phase 4 movies. They wouldn't explicitly be referred to as 'mutants' - the source of their powers wouldn't be mentioned. And there would be a number of easter eggs and background references hinting at the existence of mutants and to specific characters.

Captain Marvel 2 would have Mystique as a supporting villain and would have Rogue absorbing Carol's powers at one point in the film, before running off. It wouldn't be as devastating to Carol as it was in the comics, but the end result as far as Rogue is concerned is the same.

Black Panther 2 would feature an extended cameo by Ororo, and its clear that T'Challa has taken a fancy to her.

The Black Widow movie, set in the recent past, would have an extended cameo by a Canadian Intelligence agent named Logan...maybe a post-credit sequence for that movie would show him popping his claws.

Anyway now on to the X-men film.

The existence of mutants is not widely known to the public - although secret governmental and other organizations are aware and keeping it under wraps. The conceit here is that the X-men had already been a team, working for a secret FBI program called Department X - helping take down mutant criminals and helping mutants in need, with Charles Xavier using his powers to help the authorities cover up the existence of mutants. But the team - which comprised of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Storm and Angel - ultimately disbanded when the FBI shut the program down.

Anyway, the film begins with Scott Summers, who's the main protagonist, discovering that mutants are being abducted and thinking about doing something about it. He seems to be in a bad way, and its implied that its because of the loss of Jean. He discovers that two of his former teammates, Hank McCoy and Bobby Drake, are among the mutants who were abducted. He visits Charles Xavier and asks for help. However, they are attacked by the Marauders, and Scott is unable to stop Charles' abduction. He decides to form a new team of X-men to find his mentor and the other abducted mutants.

Using Xavier's Cerebro files, he tracks down a number of mutants whom Charles has previously approached - Ororo Munroe, Piotr Rasputin and Logan. The first two willingly join up. Logan is reluctant but only agrees because of the possibility that whoever is abducting the mutants might have something to do with his own past - and because he's tracking Sabertooth who's one of the Marauders. Scott also enlists the aid of former teammate Warren Worthington III, who discovers that his father's company might have had some links to whoever is behind the abductions. The team also encounters Rogue and takes her into the fold.

Basically, the team discovers that Nathaniel Essex is the mastermind behind the abductions, and that he's studying mutants DNA and experimenting on them. He shows a particular interest in Cyclops, and implies at one point that Jean is alive and that he's holding her somewhere.

A host of mutants are rescued, including Iceman, Beast and Professor X. Gambit, one of the Marauders, ends up defecting to the X-men, and takes a liking to Rogue. Jubilee, another rescued mutants, also joins the team.

Also, in the course of the movie, its revealed that mutation might have been caused by a fracture in the Quantum Realm throughout time, altering all of history to trigger mutations in parts of the populace. So it'll be implied that the time-travel shenanigans of Endgame might have been what retroactively caused the existence of mutants - through a similar process to how Janet Van Dyke gained her new powers.

I’d prefer a full reboot than to try and integrate the fox version of the X-Men. To me it’s like the Dark Knight trilogy, those were 3 okay to great movies but I didn’t feel the need for them to be a part of the new DCEU. Keep Deadpool and have him make references occasionally but that’s all I’d like. This is all with me thinking the Fox universe is superior to the MCU as well.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.