Page 313 of 325 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the only way to make it work is for it to be like Ultimate X-men. He is secretly a villian that joins the X-men to infiltrate them. He can reform and see the error of his ways
    It worked so well that they retconned it into the 616 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Rami Malek as Nightcrawler is INSPIRED.
    Agreed. I also like the Milo Gibson as Wolverine idea. Didn’t even know Mel had a son, but if Mel was younger he would definitely be my all time pick for Logan. He conveys crazy and intense (berserker rage) better than anyone. Unfortunately he’s too old now, and also a bit of a crazy racist. But his son Milo could be perfect, assuming he has that same intensity and can act. And who his father is shouldn’t be held against him or anything like that. I wouldn’t think.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-29-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I wouldn’t think.
    His father is a narcissist who'd take any criticism of his son personally and set Twitter on fire in a way that Disney would find unpalatable.

Is his father on Twitter? I have no idea. Regardless, who the guy’s dad is shouldn’t have any bearing on it. Unless he has espoused some of the same views as his old man, which I have not found to be the case in a quick Google search I just conducted.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-29-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Matthew Goode or Pedro Pascal for Sinister would be awesome,both have devilish charm and villainy though the former is a better fit
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-29-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Only guy I wanna see as Sinister...
    431A9520-F821-48B3-8C2F-C6D173C2F158.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Let Logan be what he's always been in the comics, the rough guy with a heart of gold. I don't want a villain Wolverine. I want Claremont's Wolverine. Part of the team, just not the center. And under 5'8". That's all. No need to reinvent the wheel.
    You could have him still be under the control of Weapon X - that way they could use him as an adversary without making him a true villain.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Also, he wasn’t always the rough guy with the heart of gold. That came later. Early on he was just an *******. Love the character, but it’s true.

He developed into that years later, mainly thanks to Claremont. It sounds like he might follow a somewhat similar arc in the films.

EDIT — This article is highly relevant to what I said in this post: https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-origin...rvel-creators/

Wolverine as a dangerous killer is where I think Feige is going with him. At least at first, to mirror his introduction in the comics. Whether he’ll be an out and out villain I don’t know. Maybe, maybe not.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-29-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Really good picks from that video! I've been shouting Jodi Turner-Smith to anyone who will listen so I'm happy he chose her as well! I really think that could happen. I also had Florian Munteanu as Colossus on my dream list so that was a nice surprise too. (I mean, he's the only giant Eastern European fitness/MMA/bodybuilder type that had a major acting role in recent movies lol.)

Storm - Jodi Turner-Smith for sure

Colossus - Florian Munteanu

Nightcrawler - Rami Malek is def inspired. I picked Dev Patel and think he just looks so much like how I imagine Kurt with his floppy hair, lanky body, and voice too.

Banshee - Can't argue with choosing an actual Irishman like Domhnall Gleeson

Wolverine - Milo Gibson IMO doesn't seem to have the chops. And he looks more like a teddy bear to me haha. My pick is the great Stephen Dorff. If you watched the most recent season of True Detective, you'll know what I'm talking about. That bar fight is basically a remake of Logan starting a fight in the animated series lol. The height is perfect, the voice is perfect, and he can just bulk up or CGI. It's time for Dorff to get his moment in the spotlight after doing such great character work for so long!

Dorff is 46. Kind of long in the tooth if the goal is to have someone who can play the character for the next twenty years like Jackman did. Not shitting on the choice, just saying that I think they’ll go younger than that. But I like Stephen Dorff. He’d need to hit the weight room and probably a couple of cycles of something to become Logan, but I can see it if he did. Unfortunately he’s just about 10 years too old IMO for what they’ll want/need.

Dorff is 46. Kind of long in the tooth if the goal is to have someone who can play the character for the next twenty years like Jackman did. Not shitting on the choice, just saying that I think they’ll go younger than that. But I like Stephen Dorff. He’d need to hit the weight room and probably a couple of cycles of something to become Logan, but I can see it if he did. Unfortunately he’s just about 10 years too old IMO for what they’ll want/need.
    Yeah I totally get is, but I also want an older Wolverine and Dorff has always been super fit. I always like to recall that RDJ was 43 when he filmed IM1 and stayed with the franchise for 10+ years. Disney/Marvel has been showing more diversity lately in casting actors of all ages; especially women, whom studios usually dismiss after 35. Angelina Jolie is a lead and probably involved in action scenes and she's 45. If Blade is really happening, Mahershala Ali is already 46 and can't be anywhere near filming yet.

All good points.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

Nightcrawler - Rami Malek is def inspired. I picked Dev Patel and think he just looks so much like how I imagine Kurt with his floppy hair, lanky body, and voice too.
    I was literally just thinking of Patel as Nightcrawler today. He would be great. He's definitely got the acting chops for it
    Make Good Art

All good points.
    Thanks! Since the left out Thunderbird and Sunfire...

Thunderbird - Martin Sensmeier, 35, 6'1"

Martin Sensmeier .jpg

Although he's a little bit typecast and the role would be unlikely AND a problemactic character just for being so stereotypical.

Sunfire - Unlikely as well, but I would cast an actual Japanese actor who could speak Japanese since he's always been portrayed as being more involved in his home country rather than someone who has relocated/immigrated to the States.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I was literally just thinking of Patel as Nightcrawler today. He would be great. He's definitely got the acting chops for it
    RIGHT?? He has a great sincerity in his voice as well!

I don’t think Thunderbird has to be stereotypical. He could be modernized some, and his costume certainly updated. Agree re: Sunfire. Getting a Japanese actor who speaks Japanese, and having the character perhaps unable to speak any English at first, could be good. I’m sure Professor X would remedy that quickly, however, giving the whole team the ability to communicate effortlessly in English by using his telepathic powers to give them a crash course or something.

I don’t think Thunderbird has to be stereotypical. He could be modernized some, and his costume certainly updated. Agree re: Sunfire. Getting a Japanese actor who speaks Japanese, and having the character perhaps unable to speak any English at first, could be good. I’m sure Professor X would remedy that quickly, however, giving the whole team the ability to communicate effortlessly in English by using his telepathic powers to give them a crash course or something.
    You're right, Thunderbird's character could actually be really important to include. It could be beautiful storytelling, but it would need a deft hand in writing and conceptualization. I'm recalling the Kiksuya episode of Westworld (Sensmeier was actually in this episode and a few more as a background character).

With everything going on in the US, an X-Men movie could be such a great parable (but hopefully not preachy), and it's too bad that it's not that far along yet. It hits all the painful notes of the history in America between racism/homophobia/xenophobia and the concept of chosen family.