Page 252 of 325 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 4870
    BANNED

All-State Guy for Professor X. Sign'em up.

The MCU definitely will have to do things differently from Fox, given Fox having both complete ignorance and total disrespect of the source material. I just hope they don't go overboard with it like with Spider-Man, where they avoided all of his past villains and also most his elements because "the past movies already covered them", leaving us with a Spider-Man who relies almost entirely on the MCU's take and Iron Man. It just wasn't right.

I just hope they do the costumes. The awful leather crap that the fox movies have not aged well. Even the new costumes look cheap and awkward. And the whole yellow spandex joke made it seem like they were too cool for x-men, but there's been enough great cosplay examples that show that the costumes could work.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Put me in the camp of those who hope he'll just avoid both Xavier and Magneto, not forever, but at first.

I haven't liked everything Feige did with Spider-Man, but I thought it was a good decision to avoid villains who had already been done and generally try to build a new movie franchise that didn't have a lot of overlap with existing ones.

I would also accept if they did something out-of-left-field with Magneto like making him take Xavier's place (which would not be out-of-left-field for comics fans, of course, but I mean for movie audiences). But please, no more Xavier's philosophy vs. Magneto's philosophy stuff for at least another decade.

Don't avoid. make it a noticeable background as it has been in the comics for 60 years. when you avoid you get a bad Ben Parker Iron Man's replacement.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-13-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Random thought, but can anyone totally see Ansel Elgort as Longshot?

Just color his hair blonde, digitally alter his hands to have forum fingers, and have him do that sparkly eye thing he does when he uses his powers. I easily see it work.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    I just hope they do the costumes. The awful leather crap that the fox movies have not aged well. Even the new costumes look cheap and awkward. And the whole yellow spandex joke made it seem like they were too cool for x-men, but there's been enough great cosplay examples that show that the costumes could work.
    Wolverine’s current HoX costume would work perfectly on film.

I think X-23's latest costume would work well and fit her for the movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

It helps that Choi designed it based on feedback from actual women in her age range on what they would wear as a superhero. It's probably one of the handful of comics costumes that were actually designed with real-world practicality in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    It’s a solid costume. I like it with the mask though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It’s a solid costume. I like it with the mask though.
    One of the variant covers did bring back the X-Force domino mask. It was a decent look. Maybe high tech goggles for a more "realistic" design?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

If you're intrested I wrote a synopsis on how I'd easily introduce the X-men to the MCU, and yes they've always been there and active.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nts-to-the-MCU

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Do any of you think any single member of the X-men outside Wolverine could carry a solo film?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Do any of you think any single member of the X-men outside Wolverine could carry a solo film?
    Gambit, Cable, and X-23 for certain. And Deadpool already does if you count him as an X-Character.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Gambit, Cable, and X-23 for certain. And Deadpool already does if you count him as an X-Character.
    Those are nice options and yes maybe they could do it.

I just remembered FOX had a bunch of crazy plans to give multipleman, Kitty and Beast solo movies. I would have liked a multipleman movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Those are nice options and yes maybe they could do it.

I just remembered FOX had a bunch of crazy plans to give multipleman, Kitty and Beast solo movies. I would have liked a multipleman movie
    Kitty Pryde sounded like it was just a Bendis vanity thing. I really don't know that she could hold a solo. Nor, frankly, could I see Beast in a solo film.

Multiple Man could have been interesting for no other reason than a substantial part of your cast could have been played by one actor. Like Eddie Murphy back when he was actually funny, only they'd all be different facets of the SAME character.