Page 197 of 325 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4870

I just want to be entertained. A non-quippy Ultron in hindsight would have been boring me to tears. No one likes shallow, 100% evil, one-dimensional bad guys. Hell Skeletor was quipping back in the day and the dude is a hooded skeleton that wanted to murderate He-Man. Joker, classic baddie but would be dry as a bone in Death Valley if he didn't bring twisted or quippy humor to the table. Leave the Terminator style bad guys to their own movies because that's about the only place they worked.

X-Men baddies without quips/humor could end up being...uhhh, Brood? I just imagine these people saying 'X-Men needs to be serious!' aren't thinking of things like Iceman, Mojo, Rogue and Gambit flirting etc. It's aggravating to hear.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    A non-quippy Ultron in hindsight would have been boring me to tears.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I think there are plenty of MCU movies that show they know how to balance an ensemble.
    Endgame, Infinity War, Civil War are the other movies about a super team and on all counts there were people who just stood there and seemed to be left behind by the writers, or just werent given enough lines to explain their reasoning in the story. Most egregiously probably SCarlet Witch

I think Age of Ultron gave everyone lines, and no one was superfluous, something really no X-man movie has done for the team.

Superhero team movies are just full of cameos imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I think the first Avenger's is the worst
    Finally, someone who feels the same.

Most of my MCU rankings aren't popular opinions... oh well

Age Of Ultron > Avengers

GotG II > GotG I

Ironman III > Ironman I

The Dark World > Thor
    I agree with all of this except for Iron Man 3 being better than Iron Man 1.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Most of my MCU rankings aren't popular opinions... oh well

Age Of Ultron > Avengers

GotG II > GotG I

Ironman III > Ironman I

The Dark World > Thor
    I agree with the bold. Heck, I think Thor: The Dark World is the best Thor movie, hands down. Since I've started down the rabbit hole, I'll add a couple of my own:

Captain America: The First Avenger > Captain America: Civil War

Avengers: Age of Ultron > Avengers: Endgame
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I want all of Scott's quips to be bad.
    I'm not sure they should go that far. I can see the appeal of playing Scott's serious-mindedness for laughs. And I definitely hope the MCU films get the one thing about Cyclops that Fox clearly missed; that the character is supposed to be kind of adorkable. However, I still think Scott should get good/funny lines as well. I just think they should keep his quips fairly dry and deadpan.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I agree with the bold. Heck, I think Thor: The Dark World is the best Thor movie, hands down. Since I've started down the rabbit hole, I'll add a couple of my own:
    I am not sure how you can watch The Dark World and think it a good movie. When the lead villain is just a cardboard cutout and gets less character development than the big boobed comic relief there is no way that is a good movie on any level.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am not sure how you can watch The Dark World and think it a good movie. When the lead villain is just a cardboard cutout and gets less character development than the big boobed comic relief there is no way that is a good movie on any level.
    But it has less humor, therefore it's the best.

Yeah, Dark World and Iron Man 3 are the two worst MCU films in my book. Amazing to see the diversity of opinions on this board.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, Dark World and Iron Man 3 are the two worst MCU films in my book. Amazing to see the diversity of opinions on this board.
    DW is bad, but Incredible Hulk is the worst easily, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    DW is bad, but Incredible Hulk is the worst easily, IMO.
    Nah. While I loved Ang Lee's Hulk, I still enjoyed aspects of Incredible Hulk. I like how it invokes the 70's tv Hulk a bit, and the Bruce/Betty relationship was at its best(Ang's was much more cerebral and psychological, not as...passionate). I'd rate IH above IM2, IM3, and DW.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    LoL..... Well just to take it a step further I feel IM3 is a top 10 MCU movie. That's how much I like it
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Some of the takes in here are...no comment.

Anybody else think we might get some X-Men/FF teases next week at SDCC? I know most of the panel will cover the upcoming movies but the studio usually drops some hints for us to run wild with.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Anybody else think we might get some X-Men/FF teases next week at SDCC? I know most of the panel will cover the upcoming movies but the studio usually drops some hints for us to run wild with.
    Possibly FF. They really wouldn't be too hard to fit into the current MCU, either as having been background the whole time or Away Somehow. Plus the MCU needs a new technogenius now that Tony is no more. Reed fits that bill pretty well. X-Men teasers seem a lot less likely.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The MCU will also have access to the FF rights much sooner than they will the X-Men's.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey